1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Player Assessment] Kevin Porter Jr.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"Laughter is an instant vacation" -- especially when you hear someone go hyper critical on a guy and then read him try and give the same person backhanded compliments. "good shot KPJ" .. "bad shot KPJ" LMAO. You are just another blowhard who thinks he can coach and be a GM at the same time. You're a dime a dozen fan so instead of playing a moderate why not just embrace how much you dislike the player and move on? You're little "I dont care" attitude is nothing new either - it literally applies to every single player on this team depending on what faction you hold dear.

Like I said when KPJ is in the starting lineup game 1 next year who will you turn your scorn towards? My bet will be Stone.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I will not get over him walking out on his team at halftime. As far as I’m concerned, we can trade back to Cleveland for the food he threw in his temper tantrum.

anthony59237 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's good that you admit that you don't have a valid opinion.

4. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I will not get over him walking out on his team at halftime. As far as I’m concerned, we can trade back to Cleveland for the food he threw in his temper tantrum.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He apologized the team accepted it, move on.

How bad would it be if we were all judged on our worst moments?

DD

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Do you remember when KPJ got hurt and EVERYONE was saying how awesome the offense would look with Sengun as the focus and TyTy playing "floor general" and all that stuff?? Did you also know that the offense REGRESSED while KPJ was out? Inconvenient huh? Sure, sure you "always knew he was a talented player" :rolleyes: at least you're smart enough to hedge!

DaDakota likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Funny how you don’t mention I do the exact same thing for Green and Sengun in your little irrational rant there. If I like something in a game thread I call it out. If I don’t like something I also call it out. I also don’t hate KPJ, I just don’t think highly of him or care much for him. If I actually hated him, I would be actively rooting for us to trade him. Try finding me asking for that in my post history while you no life scour it. ;)

Now Nix and Silas on the other hand, there was a lot of hate there.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its the wildest timeline isnt it? The Rockets were the worst shooting team in the NBA and somehow that was because of the PG position! :D:D:D:D:D

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Wrong our offense got better despite replacing KPJ with Nix. Our D got much worse though because we replaced KPJ with Nix.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even funnier when you consider that guy was also the only competent shooter on the entire team.

Somehow he's the reason everyone else was terrible at shooting open shots.

Like I said, it's either incredibly dumb or it's incredibly dishonest....perhaps both. There's just not another scenario that would lead to takes THIS bad.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night hoss.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

LOL… Says the guy scouring my post history and losing his ****. This clearly matters to you while both you and KPJ mean nothing to me.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How do you rationalize "got better" ??? Team scored less, assisted less and shot worse while KPJ sat out and didnt win a single game in that span. Defense stunk with whoever was on the court so that is meaningless to the discussion ie.. the continued villainization of KPJ.

DaDakota likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its pretty simple -- if you dont want to be clowned for saying dumb sht then dont say dumb sht especially on a forum with a search function! You're funny!

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Aww how cute you actually think you are clowning anyone. :D

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not going to dig up all the offensive ratings discussion they happened afterward with Sengun stans. Don’t care enough to put in that effort.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I guess KPJ needs to whisper to the ball before the pass and gracefully get it out to the open shooters and make sure it doesnt hit them too hard or too soft and that its at the perfect angle for a catch and shoot! It could never be that the shooters simply sucked! :D

Part of me kind of hopes all of these guys gets their wish and a "real" PG is either drafted, traded for or signed so I can just laugh and laugh and laugh next year!

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ohhhh the "advanced metrics" argument when the team went 3-17 while the problem sat injured!

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And KPJ stans try to claim Sengun stans are worse :rolleyes:

cmoak1982 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, in fairness, best case scenario for the team would be to bring in a PG who can distribute AND can shoot the ball so that KPJ can move to the SG spot and then either bring in a SF or PF that can shoot and start Jabari at the other forward spot hoping he fixes his shot.