1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets and Mavericks talking trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jun 20, 2023.

1. TheBeastSystem

stone is willing and likely to move out the 2021 draftees except jg/alp in order to draft a couple extra skill players in this draft and extend the rookie contract window an extra 2 years beyond that 2021 class

Erbnwarfare and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah. To be fair I also think Nico Harrison is one of the worst GM's in the NBA, has overpaid several people, made bad trades. Could be we're about to pull a fast one on them.

People forget, sometimes trades that shouldn't happen do end up happening because not all GM's are equally good.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Oh

You actually answers this without sarcasm. That's even more sad.

Drift Monkey and xaos like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I threw this out there yesterday. Good to know that Stone reads my CF posts.

5. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Their window is relatively small too. Luka is reportedly close to being unhappy with the lack of help and Kyrie isn’t getting any younger and he’s injury prone. They can’t afford to wait on a prospect to develop.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

It’s simple.

KJ Martin and #20 to Dallas

#10 to Houston

We turn around and trade #4, #10 and Tate for the #2 pick…..

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes to both. Cap space is overrated, and it's especially overrated when no one wants to come play on your team.

Plus, Hardaway is actually a good player. He could be flipped for something later if we ever wanted to.

ArtV and Shark44 like this.
  8. fchowd0311

This really hedged on Charlotte believing LaMelo and Scoot are redundant where Charlotte sees this as an opportunity to get a young core that fits around LaMelo. Let's hope so because I'd do this scenario in a heartbeat.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Guys, there's no way in hell that a fringe starter on a bottom 3 team + #20 will be enough for #10. We will have to give up more than that.

Aruba77 and YOLO like this.
  10. csc177

csc177 Member

Rockets aren’t drafting 2 more young guys if they do they’re incredibly dumb. Hoping they’re trying to move up to top3 or packaging that for vet - no way we can add two more kids to this team.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was joking - but since you are getting all wound up - no way Dallas does that deal.

Why would they waste Luka's prime with a bunch of minus defenders who can't shoot for ****?

None of the things those guys do are really team needs for Dallas. Luka plus shooting & defense is the formula there.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's bugging me is that if we clear salary for them, they could open up enough cap space to sign Harden and tell Kyrie to F off.

That would keep Luka around, he loves Harden.

I, of course, would hate that. I don't want Harden on the Rockets, but not the freaking Mavs.

13. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I bet this would be really hard for the Hornets to pass up if it starts looking like Miller will fall to 4. Then they can get the guy that fits better along with another top 10 pick.

Drift Monkey and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'd even give them one of Brooklyn picks, top 5 protected (either conveys or doesn't convey).

15. fchowd0311

Ya I feel like even adding Amen is just too much development for this team. You still need to develop Tari, Jabari, Sengun and Green and then there are guys like Josh, Garuba and TyTy.

If we are too add one more young guy it's Scoot. He's worth it even if you have an abundance of development projects.

SamFisher likes this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kentucky PG rotation for the future: Cason/TyTy

DeBeards and Aruba77 like this.
  17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Answer is------------------ #10 will get them LIVELY !

ArtV, BaselineFade and Plowman like this.
  18. TheBeastSystem

+3 kids - 3 kids = 0 kids

learn math

19. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

20. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Maybe Houston is involved to absorb salary for a 3 way trade? I read somewhere that Dallas is interested in John Collins and Atlanta needs to dump salaries to get under the tax. So we take on Bertans and #10; Dallas get Collins, and Atlanta get #20....something like that would make sense.