1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets want to trade 4th pick for win now vet might be interested in Zion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

If the Rockets do really want Zion, now might be the best time to make the move. His value is low due to off-court issues and the fact that he's yet to play a full season. His weight is an issue. Pelicans are trying to win so they want consistency. If this is truly what the Rockets want, now is the best time for a move for Zion.

To me, it's a win-lose-win-lose situation...if that makes any sense. Heck...idk if it makes any sense to me anymore lol

matchesmalone likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Not interested. As others have said, the Pels wouldn't move him unless they were trying to dump a BIG headache. They're a small market and have this guy locked up, so why else deal the guy? We'd be nuts to go that route.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No thanks we have already had star players who couldn't stay on the court because of injury. I have no interest in getting one who doesn't play and now it comes out his off the field activities are a train wreck.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I remember saying the Pels should trade Zion...I didn't mean to the rockets.

I hope this dumbass team doesn't fall for this.

Yeah, major red flags. If you can get him for cheap...maybe, but we know its going to cost a ton to get him.

6. Fantasma Negro

I'd rather they trade for OG Anunoby

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Pels already gave him a max deal so getting him on the cheap isn't happening. He is expensive plus it will take players and or picks to get him.

8. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Zion is Oliver Miller 2.0 just way more talented!

If you don’t think #4 in this draft helps the team and you can land Zion for that and not much else then go for it.

Maybe John Lucas can help mold the kid?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Pels are always losing great players, CP3, AD, .....now Zion.....they are not a well run org.

DD

raining threes and Arnel like this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

Hey thanks for the detailed response.
    I was actually wondering if you had reservations about Holmgren as you said you had about Williamson. Or if you agreed with posters (like myself) who felt Holmgren has a high possibility of having injury issues in the long term due to his physical makeup.

But I think you're saying if he raises his muscle mass and weight in the right manner, he should hold up to the rigors of the NBA.

xaos likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not sure if the league sees it this way yet, but I bet they will soon: I honestly see Zion as a bad contract. I wouldn't be that shocked if the rest of his NBA career is less than 82 games played total. They should pay us to take him. If they want to package him with Ingram then sure we can talk about taking both those guys to enable their upcoming rebuild and sending them back some picks to appease their fanbase. Otherwise, I hope Stone laughs them off the phone when they start talking about getting actual assets back for that whale of a contract.

arabrocket likes this.
  12. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The real question is if Jason Biles is the perfect head trainer for Zion.

13. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Zion? How about trade for someone who can actually step on the court and play.

raining threes and Jturbofuel like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I love Zion but I see too much like this that changes my opinion of him.

BMoney likes this.
  15. Spooner

Spooner Member

I love Amen and I’m skeptical about Zion. I would still make that trade in a heartbeat. The upside is too great and it’s not like a draft pick is a sure thing anyway

BMoney and cbass like this.
  16. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

If we are trading for Zion then maybe we should just go for Morant too and double down on stars with red flags.

raining threes likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would be a lot more open to trading for Ja than Zion. Ja has red flags with his character, Zion has red flags with both his character and his physiology. Neither guy would be my ideal Rockets player from a character perspective, but there's more of a chance that Ja is just going through a "dumb kid" phase and works his way out of it. I feel skeptical that Zion will ever stay on the court even if he gains more maturity.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

No to Zion!!!!!

#4 for Ingraham!

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  19. invocux

invocux Member

4th pick, some of future picks and someone like Kenyon would make sense since i'm not super high on anyone not named Scoot in this draft. If this is all it takes to get him then you have to do it don't even think twice about it. He's always injured but he's still 22 he can turn things around. Nah you gotta do it.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some might feel compelled to make a similar comment about a NBA team under it’s current ownership, DD, one located in the fair city of Houston. A team with a history of championships won by superb players under a great coach. A team who’s fans see those days falling farther in the past, season after season, and wondering when they will return.