1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much are you willing to spend on CP3?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Jun 7, 2023.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

of course ppl will do it for the min

I want players who can challenge green / kpj for minutes tho . Not strictly be mentors .

I guess this does make kpj and green compete with each other a bit more , but I want someone who can talk the talk AND walk the walk . Cp3 can prolly not walk the walk anymore .

will these guys listen to someone who’s “over the hill”

cp3 can say “be here on defense , make this read etc…” but if he’s getting blown up on D and can’t get to his spots like he used to I’m worried guys will tune him out .

can he help us win games ? If he can help us win for those 20-30 mins then I’d pay the man . Much more than min . Cp3 is gonna take at least 10-20 mil to babysit . And he’s gonna want to be traded to a contender midseason if we aren’t in the hunt …. Which we’ve got a long way to go .

I really don’t see a lot of good option for the rockets right now . I’m very down overall on the FA class and I’m pessimistic on Stone making a move to grab someone into our capspace that is worthy .

we need massive internal improvements. Cp3 might help there . But I think IME will want to establish his own leadership first before installing a vet like cp3

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hmm

I still think he won't come back here, but a thought

What if he has a sitdown with Ime and Stone and they talk about giving him an assistant coach gig once he retires, in addition to a contract that's a bit more than the MLE he'd probably get with a contender?

He probably still says no to that unless he just really likes the idea of starting off a coaching career under Udoka for some reason

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would welcome the guy, but he won’t come here, in my opinion. He said he wants to play for a contender and I believe him. I agree with those who see CP3 going to the Lakers, and I think he’ll do it at a discount. The odds are good that he’ll spend a good chunk of the playoffs sitting on the bench injured, though, and it’ll be when you need him the most. Some great players just seem bereft of luck. He’s apparently one of them.

daywalker02, SamFisher and xaos like this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

CP3 and Scoot just became a possibility. So did CP3 and Hardhead. That would be the only way I would want Harden back.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

On his list of possible destinations - does anyone here presume Houston is higher than.. 25 or 26 for Paul?

foh likes this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

He’s heading to LA or San Antonio. Nowhere else.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I would rather have Nix.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i keep seeing people say "he wants to sign with a championship contender" lol

we just signed one of the #1 coaches on the market and have MULTIPLE blue chip youngins that just need a leader to follow. i see no reason why signing 1-2 top teir vets cant catapult this team into playoff contention

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Zero / 0 / None / Niet / Nad / Zilch

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's a big difference between contending for the play-in (which is the best case for this team with some good veteran roleplayers added) and contending for a championship, and CP3 knows that as well as anybody.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

id take him over Hard-on...

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

vet min

Anyone choosing him over harden is just coping.
    A playoff contender team drop his ass.
    He chokes harder, is injured often and is older than harden

He does have vet leadership but age is even a bigger issue than harden.

I don't think cp3 is gonna want to rejoin us since he is on his last legs to ring chase

13. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

If he's willing to come here which is a big IF of course, you work out a deal and sign him to get it done.

Incentives for making the play in and team performance bonuses as well.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No guy with real championship aspirations is going to contend for the Play In or contend for a lower Playoff spot.

They contend for the 1-3 HC spots and the title itself.

15. Ancient Moabite

You could be right, though I wouldn't count out someone like Spurs with cap space or even team like Bulls depending on what happens to Ball/Levine

Money talks and walks in the end, but we shall see

Lurch likes this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If Harden comes back there’s no way CP3 is gonna sign here.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  17. Holybats

Holybats Member

No thanks.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

All else being equal, I think we're #30 in the league. I doubt he is eager to return to Tilman's franchise.

But don't underestimate the power of money. There's probably a dollar amount where he says yes. Whether the Rockets are willing to pay it? I doubt that.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t even know why anyone is wasting time on this. CP3 will go to.a contender and maybe even back to Phoenix. Hell, if Harden leaves he might go to Phili. That would be kind of funny.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I'm sure the first team CP called was Houston. Especially after being scapegoated and sent to OKC. :rolleyes:

foh likes this.