1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wemby’s Reaction To Rockets Not Getting 1st Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 17, 2023.

1. Ancient Moabite

The 90's was filled with players who could shoot but the focus was on more mid range/deep twos mastery

R Wallace was one of the original stretch bigs, the mad crazy today 3pt era has clogged minds about what shooters are and not

Green was said to be a raw 3 level scorer coming in, which his problem is consistency playing like he did in their wins (vs losses) because he has shown he can hit anywhere between 4-8 threes in a game and has shown mid range ability and seem to better at driving to rim from rook to second season, which by end of season four you will get pretty much what you see

Shooting is just one of the skills of bball, which of course is important, just like having freak athletic ability is very important since you are playing a pro athletic sport with the said best players in the world

Its why those who possess both equally are usually cream of the crop, drafting Amen would be a gamble no doubt in this 3pt driven era, but if Rockets believe in his defense/passing potential then that side of the ball may be worth the pick

We shall see,TBD

Drift Monkey, Ubiquitin and OremLK like this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

The two teams seem fairly comparable in talent level to me. Both have a few former end of the bench NBA guys as well as some other legitimate draft prospects. Wemby's league is pretty comparable to the G-League in talent level. I don't actually think the winner of one exhibition game really matters though, lol, I was kinda playing around. Sure would be fun to see a big rivalry between the two of them in the NBA though... especially if the Rockets somehow worm their way into landing Scoot.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a very high chance that he doesn't last long enough to win a chip. He better win early in his career, but guys his height don't last more that 5-7 seasons.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

His reaction kind of pissed me off and makes me hate him a little bit.

Drift Monkey and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. OremLK

OremLK Member

No way is this dude 7'4", he's gotta be at least 7'6". I think he's lying about his height in the other direction to assuage injury concerns. I want to see him standing next to Yao

7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dredd likes this.
  9. TimDuncanDonaut

You know I love me some good halftime shows.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yao is fat and probably looks smaller because of all the sitting as Chairman of Basketball Operations, posture problem.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

BamBam and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Awesome!! Wemby can join the circus if his wimpy body doesn't hold up!!! :cool:

Go Rockets!!!

cml750 and DeBeards like this.
  15. lalala902102001

In the entire history of the NBA no player taller than 7'2" had a long lasting career without suffering some type of lower body injury. That's the odds against Wemby and why I'm hesitant to call him a sure fire future HOFer like many are doing.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know it sounds like cope but...I think he might not be what he's sold to be.

Don't get me wrong, probably will be a multi-time all star, great player...but generational, next Lebron?

I dunno. I'm seeing more of a Gobert that can shoot and sometimes take the ball to the rim and I mean thats a great player all the same.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If D-Mo can sweep him...Alpi will put him in the spin cycle, bully him and dunk on him so badly!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Forget about Harden. We need to sign DMo to the max. Let the legendary X-factor come home.