1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green's thoughts on James Harden coming back to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's Finest, May 22, 2023.

1. CCM721

CCM721 Member

Lol... this is kind of true in a sense I guess? Harden was always inconsistent and many of his inconsistent games would be remedied by free throws, however come playoff time it wasn't just the inconsistency he also appeared gassed in at least half of the 9-10 playoffs he took us to. No gas, means no lift, means bricks enough to build a house. I've only seen him legitimately QUIT (not "im annoyed so I'm going to chuck dumbass 3pters" because I'm sure he's done that. but actually quit also not in the literal KPJ way) two games as a Rocket, two regular season games immediately before he was traded, I'm sure he figured if asking management for one for months didn't work showing them he won't try will. I can't comprehend how two meaningless regular season games can erase a decade of Top 5 MVP candidacys. HE he never lost the drive to grow as a Rocket, you can look at his stats from when he was here and you will see that he improved every single year for 7 straight years culminating in a 36-7-7 season, then the next year he fell to 34-7-7. The next season he was traded, so the only year he didn't improve statistically is still one of the best offensive seasons ever. I also don't recall him blaming everyone else, Embiid recently threw his teammates under the bus completely outside of Harden. The most offensive thing I've seen Harden say to anyone is calling Kevin McHale a clown after McHale trashed him on TV, which imo Harden was perfectly in the right for considering McHale was an awful coach and the only reason he had a job was because Harden still managed to carry the team despite McHale's offense or lack thereof. Harden has been an incredibly volatile player in the playoffs, there is no doubt about that but the demands you're talking about for him to be traded were made after he had been here for 9-10 YEARS, unless you mean demands like telling us to get certain players in that case literally every superstar is catered to in this way. And that year, before he forced his way out we gifted him a starting line up of

Harden
    Nwaba
    House
    Wood
    Tucker

He gave us 10 years of guaranteed playoff spots, with the hope we'd finally make it over the hump. This isn't blood in blood out, if he were to suddenly drastically dip in performance and we received a good offer for him he'd be traded. Organizations show no loyalty to players, why should players show any? 2 of those players belong in the G-league in that line-up, why would he waste a year on that when he was already 30 and probably only had 5-6 left.

HD729 and HP3 like this.
  2. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Good for green, and the Rockets. They need to listen to this kid. Where will he be in 4yrs as opposed to Harden? His time has passed here. It’s time for he new blood.

larry cook and rhee like this.
  3. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Good for green, and the Rockets. They need to listen to this kid. Where will he be in 4yrs as opposed to Harden? His time has passed here. It’s time for he new blood.

4. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i do see what he is talking about you look at what he and kpj did i mean you kind take away from both of them unless you trade either one and make james your pg and we go back to that iso again but can see what he means from that stand point but if we keep that 4 pick i mean who would we pick just interested to know who is there at 4 to change the game and help you win at pick 4.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's as close to a "hell nah" as you're going to get from a softspoken guy like Green. Honestly didn't expect the answer he gave. Kinda shows how Harden's reputation must be among players around the league--I don't think Green would be comfortable talking like that if there wasn't already a lot of negative talk going around player circles about James.

Damn.

rhee likes this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

maybe he wants to keep heat off the org. and not look like he is recruiting or tampering until that free agency date comes about

But Green is aware enough to know Maxey still shined with Harden and didn't take nothing from him but helped him a lot more than hurt/stunt his growth

Or maybe Green is taking up for his current backcourt mate and wants to ride it out with him over Harden, TBD

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I could care less who or what Jalen wants. He hasn't proven anything. The Rockets need to stop asking these kids what they want.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I didn't know they were...

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good call, they probably aren't. You notice he's not the guy that has been meeting with the GM and coach about the future. He's off enjoying his vacation, having nothing to do with how the franchise is operating.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Jalen Green is our future, not Harden.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Based on what?

There's a pretty solid argument that neither are the future.

Harden is the past, Green isn't even the present.

tycoonchip likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

We are rebuilding, not contending. If Jalen Green is not our future, who is?

Jalen Green is the one who has the most possibility and potential to be superstar players in Rockets.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, thus far Jalen Green has only helped the team tank....because he's terrible. If tanking is the future, then sure, Green should be that future.

If the future is to be even somewhat competitive, it's hard to think someone as awful as Jalen Green could play a large role and still meet the goal of being competitive.

He's not even the best guard on the team that is 23 and under.....it's all just hype without substance.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Do you know why people don't like the Rockets draft Victor Wenbayama? Because Rockets are trash at developing young talents in past 3 seasons. Head coach sucks, no ****ing any system.

I believe Jalen Green will make great progress under coached by Ime Udoka.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Surreal that Playoff P is conducting this interview.......he was supposed to lead OKC after Durant and Harden left.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Also Jalen Green: I love KPJ blablabla.

I don't even want Harden back. But boy I wish we had more than just one or two high IQ basketball guys on this team.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Playoff P is still better than playoff Harden I guess.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's because the Rockets FO is a joke.....they just missed twice in a row on top 3 picks in the draft.

In both drafts, the best player picked BY THE ROCKETS was always someone other than who they picked in the top 3.

That's why they've had to continue tanking. Both top 3 picks are some of the worst players on their entire roster.

That kind of thing is pretty embarrassing.

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If the Rockets had Banchero last season, It's safe bet to say he won't get ROY award. Silas would tell him to stand that corner on the court. You would possibly question why we didn't get Jabari Smith now.

Xopher likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's a safe bet, talented players play well.

You're just trying to make excuses for guys who performed poorly....of course it has to be EVERYONE else in the world's fault why those players sucked. It definitely can't be their fault why they could hit open shots.

Every scrub has an excuse for why it's not their fault that they suck. That's nothing new.

tycoonchip likes this.