1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He appears in this very thread to have "lightened up on chocolate cloud"!

Easy likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How long do you expect Harden to be "genuinely great"? And one monster contract is far more difficult to get rid of than several smaller contracts. We Rockets fans have gone through that pain not that long ago.

xaos likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I love James but I would offer him three years with the last year as a team option. So it’s literally a two year deal .

Easy likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

At least 2 more years. Also, you really think Harden will age like Westbrook or Wall? Unlike them, he has skills that will still make him at minimum useful even if his legs are shot. Both Westbrook and Wall were crappy shooters that completely relied on their athleticism. OTOH, Harden has fantastic court vision, passing skills, and is a pretty good shooter.

#2724 chenjy9, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
  5. riko

riko Member

Harden has atleast two good years left in him

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Unless that comes with an under-the-table lifetime free membership to Treasures, I don't think he would be remotely interested.

riko likes this.
  7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

The recent news Harden did a complete 180° from everything I heard previously. I thought he wanted short contracts, and I thought he was willing to be what a team needs like all his rhetoric with the Sixers. Now he wants 4 years, a retooled roster to compete immediately and the most infuriating thing…he wants CARTE BLANCHE! Get FÜČ|<ĘD, James Harden. I’m still glad I roasted my Harden jersey with a blowtorch. I was open to a return cause it sounded like he might have changed but he hasn’t grown up at all…just grown old.

I’m a hard pass on Harden now.

8. xaos

xaos Member

Is that from sources or just people here wishing hard?

Easy and groovemachine like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’ve had a change of heart as well. The only reason I wanted him is because I’m so desperate to have a facilitator at the point guard who can make it easier for Jabari, Jalen and Sengun. But I wanted him on no more than a 3-yr deal at a hometown discount. I never understood why he’d want to come back given how far away we are from being good, but that’s his deal.

but he wants zero hard coaching or a system that doesn’t let him do what he wants to do. And he wants a 4-yr max. And he wants us to blow up our rebuild for short-term competitiveness. At those terms there just has to be better options for Houston given where we are in our rebuild. I also think those kind of demands are incompatible with establishing a team-first culture, which we need more than any team I can think of.

Im fully off the Harden train. I’m very worried the Fertittas are going to make another catastrophic, short-sighted move that could set our franchise back even further. I hope Ime and Stone can see what we see.

Little Bit, PolarBear, Easy and 2 others like this.
  10. Eddie Cecco

Eddie Cecco Member

I love Harden, he is the 2nd best player in franchise history. But i would only offer him a 3-year contract and for the third year to have a team option. If he doesn't accept, let him make plans elsewhere. The money is there, but not to do long-term harm.

In fact, his return would be pure romanticism, not winning basketball. The greatest use that I see for him in Houston is mentoring and selling tickets, absolutely nothing else.

Nor am I going to forget the way in which he came out and that the discounts were always made to other teams and not to the city to which he professes his love.

Easy likes this.
  11. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Why is everyone framing it like Harden might come back to Houston like it's totally up to him? Why would Houston even want him back? I was a big fan when he was here but left us holding our dicks and we are among the worst temas in the NBA. He can't change that. His hero ball will do nothing for the developement of our young players and the culture he created here was more than toxic and we can't seem to shake it. **** him. He can take his titty bar posse to another city.

BlastOff and Asian Sensation like this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. eman

eman Contributing Member

I will not help fund his stripper habit. If he's back, I'm gone.

BlastOff and Asian Sensation like this.
  14. ACL1

ACL1 Member

No thank you . hate to say it . But after years of denying , watching the playoffs finally made me a believer , guy is a choker in crunch time .

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If we get Amen, he will not be a positive on the court for atleast two years.

Parking him behind Harden for that time, to just observe and learn, makes a ton of sense short term and long term. The Rockets will get a chance to play for something, instead of having to suffer through 2 more dead years. Guys like Barnes and Mobley benefited tremendously from being on competitive teams.

And even if Harden ends up not being happy or the org doesn't like the direction, you could still flip him to a win now team for a stretch run and pick up additional assets.

This remains the most rational path forward.

16. kpdark

kpdark Member

No Doc in Philly

No Wemby in Houston

Harden won't be coming here

maj21 likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

Lol @ thinking Harden is some kind of mentor. The same bum that goes to party after multiple blowout losses, the same loser that stays up all night on a bender “cause rappers was in town yo!” The same worthless sac that goes to Vegas during the middle of the playoffs bbbut but but Dennis Rodman did it! Well ya Dennis could get Fcked up and still take care of business as evidenced by his 5 rings. Fool literally gained 20+ pounds of fat and took 2 years to recover from a hammy. Who does that? A sieve that was in his first flight out to Paris with his BF after getting eliminated that’s who. Zero discipline, no work ethic, no dedication and he was entitled to do a whatever the F he wanted when he was in Houston and it looked like he was doing the same shiit in Philly as well. If you want to pick an older guy to be a mentor actually pick a winner and a professional like Middleton or something.

maj21 likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You sir are practically the only reason I would want Harden to come back to the Rockets. It almost makes the bad move worth it!

joshuaao and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Yes, let’s sabotage the team, our future and surround our teens with a loser cause I live in your head rent free. Brilliant!

[​IMG]

RoyalGuard likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe you have the ability to make decisions on the Rockets. I am just an observer though.

Yeah rent free too! I mean I’m not actually replying to your 3,000th negative Harden post. You haven’t posted about the man you think about daily in years right? Right??!

You’re such an angry and I’m guessing extremely short little man. A regular ole’ Napoleon aren’t ya?