1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But you would be trading Green a superior talent over Bridges so why would you want to do that?

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Make MEM an offer for Ja Morant.

3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I think you misread my post. I said I’m not trading Green in response to someone who suggested trading Green and #4. Instead, I’d rather trade #4 and some of the Nets future draft capital back to them.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

#4 + #20 + KJ

pitch it to Portland or Charlotte first, to get Scoot. Texted some Portland friends, they are all a hard no on that deal. But Charlotte is stupid, maybe they go for it

If you can’t move up, pitch that deal for an all-star caliber vet (idk who they is right now, but worth a shot).

if you have to make the pick, I guess you take Amen. He has the PG skills this team needs, but not being able to shoot scares the hell out of me. This team already can’t shoot for ****. Absolutely can’t have a perimeter non-shooter.

amaru and htownrox1 like this.
  6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If that doesn't work, I don't think they could pass this up.

#4, #20, 2024 first, KJ and Tate for #2 and a player/s (Cody Martin) to make salaries work.

Texans made a big trade and Rockets probably feel they need to make a splash to at least show the fanbase they are done tanking. Scoot Henderson is widely regarded as the #2 and has a shot at being the best player in the draft five years out when he's signing his max deal.

I'd respect this move.

AXG, seclusion and arabrocket like this.
  7. daytripper

daytripper Member

I don't really want another Giddey non shooter type or Lonzo with the #4 pick. I don't think that is maximizing the pick at all.

Sit and wait to see if there is any type of deal at all available to move up to get Scoot. There is just a huge gap between the 3rd and 4th pick though. If nothing materializes I'm probably looking to trade down a few slots and draft someone like Wallace or even a shooter like Dick while picking up as many future picks as possible which can be used in other deals.

If they are ever going to develop Green/Jabari they need to put players around them that can help develop their talent. They cannot afford to waste another season.

Anyway I feel pretty strong on this stance which is why I came out of the woodwork to post my opinions on this matter.

randerson likes this.
  8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Trade the 4th pick for Scottie Barnes.

CRJ713 likes this.
  9. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Scoot better than anything they have.. why would they pass on him.

10. daytripper

daytripper Member

Scoot isn't getting past 3.

There is a clear top 3 and then it falls down a tier once you get to 4 where the Rox are sitting. If Portland/Charlotte don't want Scoot they will draft him for another team. That's generally how the NBA draft works.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What can Scoot do that Amen cant do? It seems they have similar talents and weaknesses.

Scoot seems stronger while Amen is longer.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

The ONLY reasons Portland shouldn't jump at that deal is if 1) Charlotte passes on Scoot and the Blazers want him,or 2) they get a better offer. Portland picking Scoot would be insane, because they've got five more guaranteed years and about a quarter of a billion dollars locked up in Dame. He wants complimentary pieces brought in immediately, not another PG to train to take over when he finally calls it quits.

So if Charlotte passes, the Blazers know they can do this trade, pick up a quality rotation guy and an additional FRP, and still get the player (not Scoot) they were likely going to draft anyway. Why would they turn it down?

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Your friends are not the GM so I still say pitch some trade packages to Charlotte first and blazers second. Blazers Dont wanna develop young talent imo and Charlotte have LaMelo at the one so I really think their pick is tradable. We have plenty of assets and now is a good time to use them if they scoot is worthy of it.

14. jjc1

jjc1 Member

#4 and #20 to ATL for Dejounte Murray

jch1911 likes this.
  15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I like this. But Atlanta gave up a lot for him I believe

jch1911 likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Lol, Rockets about to trade for the #3 and keep #4. Pull a Texans.

Dredd likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am ok with trading the pick, I just hope its for the right guy.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

While it's clear that the organization decided to rebuild from the ground up, not sure why you would assume that would mean not trading our top picks.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20 year re-build.