1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the fix in.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Oct 6, 2022.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes I'm sure the NBA is thrilled to have another young star being in San Antonio.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think DD's hoping for a playoff spot. I know I am after seeing the depth of talent we have now at Silas' disposal.

So based on what I've looked up on tankathon, the 8th worst record still has a 26.2 percent chance of landing in the top 4 picks and a 12.3 percent chance of landing in the top 2 spots. The team with the worst record has a 14.0 percent chance at one player that has a height that equates to an injury prone history whether it be a foot issue, an ankle, back, you name it. People over seven foot two inches... it does't look good.

AND... you'd be wasting a full year of development while trying to develop seven young winners for a player who will likely end their career injured and early.
    AND... Victor is not the only big man that can shoot in the top 14 picks. Sometimes the later picks become the real talent in the draft. That's just a Kawhi fact.

I think you accept the longer chances at landing Victor Wembanyana and develop your wide array of depth while trying to win. You develop what you have into winners. Tis better to be Golden State with talent and depth than the Orlando Magic with the first pick in the draft. Betting on all of your seven draft picks from the last two years, your long shots like Tate/KPj/KJ Martin/Garrison Matthews, and a new team first culture has a far greater chance of leading to a championship team than tanking for one guy at a 1 in 7 chance and then you have to parlay that 14% chance against injury history at that height.

To you Victor tank fans, be careful what you wish for. I see Wemby's potential, but I will not ignore the potential of this team.

Jalen/Bari/Tari/Sengun/KPj/KJ Martin/Tyty/Christopher/Tato/etc > Wemby

snowconeman22 and jbond77 like this.
  3. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I think they'll play hard, improve and still be the 4th or 5th worst team with a chance in the lottery. We start handing out the OKC picks after this year and we can't count on BKN being bad going foward. With the main core's avg age being somewhere near 21 they are far too inexperienced to make that jump yet and I highly doubt that Stone and TF do not have their eyes on the big prize. If I'm wrong and they blaze this year then we still win, but I know nobody here is going to be upset when the lottery comes around and we have a decent shot to land a top pick.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Duncan? Zion? Luka? KD/Oden? AD?

You can't say it happens every time then just list the times it happened smh.

topfive likes this.
  5. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

let em' play and let em' win

6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Wemby to Spurs is in the book!

Ming The King likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

stop the empty hype...andrew wiggins, jabari parker, chet holmgren, joel embiied were all 'one in generational players'...

its just the hype...alperen sengun is more 'once in generational player'

theDude likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been saying the same thing for a while .... Everyone else is playing for second place.

FLAGRANT1 and hlmbasketball like this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wemby is a generational player. We haven’t seen anyone like him since Ralph Sampson.

I’ll just leave that there.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  10. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Wemby to the Spurs or Hornets. Book it

Ming The King likes this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's the Spurs but you bring up a good point about the Hornets. He's definitely going to a small market team to boost interest.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Of course

boomboom, OmegaSupreme and jch1911 like this.
  13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when each team's representative was introduced earlier in this scam show, peter holt was the ONLY one who smiled

so when these f#ckers say "there's only 1 man in the entire room who knows the draft picks" it's clearly a lie

and for all the MFers who yelled out conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist over the past year.... well well well, looks like i do indeed identify as one and my pronouns are told/you/so

desihooper, hlmbasketball and J.R. like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I knew this pick was going to the Spurs when they traded Dejounte Murray to Atl. This is a SCAM!

Think of it, NO ONE is going to S.A in free agency, there's nothing there that's appealing. So they need an attraction. Fans were no longer going to the games, the atmosphere was dead.

desihooper and J.R. like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I knew this pick was going to the Spurs when they traded Dejounte Murray to Atl. This is a SCAM!

Think of it, NO ONE is going to S.A in free agency, there's nothing there that's appealing. So they need an attraction. Fans were no longer going to the games, the atmosphere was dead.

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

The #1 was set for The Spurs.
    We all know.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Guess my boycott of the playoffs will continue.
    .|. the NBA

J.R. likes this.
  19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

This was a good thread

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

We are paying for keeping the #2 in the 2021 draft..
    And the Pistons and Orlando are paying for getting The #1

#60 Ming The King, May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 16, 2023