1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Would you warmly welcome a Harden return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kubli9, May 15, 2023.

?

Do you want the Rockets to sign James Harden this offseason?

1. Yes

37.4%
  2. No

62.6%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

really though there should be some parameters to this though...
    i mean, 'Do u want to give Harden a 4 year max deal?' is probably the real question...

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Imagine calling the 2nd/3rd greatest rockets ever a career loser or bum just bc he failed to win a ring.

Yao loser.
    McGrady loser
    Literally any great rockets player that played for us that didnt win a ring in their career losers and bums.

If winning it all is the only thing that means anything to a lot of u as Rockets fans, u guys must be losers and bums for watching a franchise do jack sht since '95 the last time we won it all.

He's the best playmaker in free agency, we greatly need one. Not that complicated. Like we wouldn't need him if we drafted the rookie pg or have a solid alternative. Overpaying for fvv just bc u don't want harden is moronic.

#62 DatRocketFan, May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 16, 2023
    fchowd0311 and astrosrule like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I appreciated Harden when he was here.

Was in the group that appreciated the great things he managed to do here when he left, and have no ill will towards him for making that decision to abandon the Tilman ship like many others did before him.

But I don't want him back.

PeterKingX and DreamShook like this.
  4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

For the max hell naw. If we talking 10 to 15 mil then go ahead and put him at the 1. He gonna want stupid money tho so he can go head with that. Tilman would be a morons to give him that.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Please do not bring Harden back.

Just stay with Morey in Philadelphia.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It's not about price. We just don't want 20s dribbling offense and playoffs disappointment.

7. riko

riko Member

You really think he isn’t coming back? Bro get used to it.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I see the appeal and I don't really care about his performance in that last series, but my maximum offer is 2 years / $93 million OR 4 years / $130 million.

So at a 4 year max of $195 million, my answer is no.

theDude likes this.
  9. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Don’t want FVV either. What’s moronic are the takes that he comes here and “develops” anyone. He’s always been a bit of a unicorn. No one will be him so what is there to develop?

In addition, I don’t know this to be fact, but he used to not travel with the team. Traveled on his on own and was a bit of a loner.

I don’t ever hear or read how he’s this great locker room presence. He’s always been about himself. Just look at his career and how he’s forced himself to where he feels he could win. Only to find out, he can’t play with other alpha’s. So now you have a declining superstar who still thinks he’s the alpha and is unable to defer to our young team. How is that development for this club?

Would rather overpay and gamble on some younger options with short contracts who could be longer term fits. I like what Demeco is building, culture. I would like to see Ime replicate this. James does not embody the ultimate team culture guy.

#69 CVcrew, May 16, 2023
    Last edited: May 16, 2023
    peleincubus likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

$93 million for 2 years is ludicrous. He signed in Philly for two years for $68 million. I sure hope if we do sign him it's for no more than 2 years and less than $68 million.

I did love his great passing skills, but got sick of his slow ball dribble dribble dribble dribble 3 pt shooting, or how he would drive to the goal and flail his arms out to draw fouls. If we get Wemby it would be great to see James pass him those ally oop shots, but I can't help wonder if James would want to be the biggest star, and start playing selfishly when it comes to the ball. I also hate how he just quit on us when things didn't go his way.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Charles Barkley is the Ultimate Rockets Loser, Fat and Lazy.

Gave up Robert Horry and Sam Cassell to Phoenix. Worst Trade Ever. Rockets got way Old and Slow with Charles Barkley.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No, but I'd consider if it's a very favorable contract and especially if he brings someone else (who is good) with him.

People are saying "what is the alternative" and that is to wait until someone younger who is also a top 30 guy becomes available, or to just continue with the current roster as is largely and see how they develop more under Ime.

Would Harden accelerate some things in terms of development? Sure, but I'd also be worried about him setting us back in other ways (roster moves, control over the team/personnel, etc.).

BamBam likes this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

As opposed to the entire team of losers the last 3 years? That makes sense.

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Gotten us closer than any player not named Ralph or Moses. Virtually all superstars leave their teams at some point when the window closes. This isn’t even discussing his contributions to the city for charity. In the mean time what have you done for Houston?

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Barkley actually helped us accomplish what we traded for him for which was to get past the Sonic’s. But it also made the Jazz a problem for us.

kjayp likes this.
  16. maj21

maj21 Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Would you warmly welcome a Harden return?

Like I've said several times before, it depends! It depends on if/who is coming along with him! Harden by himself for a max contract is scary to say the least! Yes, he's still an alpha dog at point guard but father time is and forever will be undefeated! I would be okay for a 2yr max deal, anything longer than that and I would want a hefty home discount (unlikely)! Like many here, I still reminisce on all he acheived here, but I don't live in the past! The Rockets need to make sure we don't get bogged down with a player past his prime and making the max (John Wall, Westbrook).... I digress!

Regardless..... Go Rockets!!!

18. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I love Harden bigly
    But I do not want a max contract Harden, in fact I don't think any team would be that stupid
    I'd take him for 20 mil a year, prime KD got paid 25-30 mil with GSW you've lost your damn mind if I'm paying 40-50 mil for 65% of MVP Harden

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

We don't have a team anywhere close to as ready to compete as the 76ers. What is he going to do here? It will be a lot of money for a player playing with a bunch of kids and hoping to compete for the play-in. Not the Finals, the play-in. Why would we do that?

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I have a similar position. If the Rockets win Wemby tonight, I think there is a very good chance the Rockets can build a contender for 2024-2025. I think the Rockets have the assets to bring in Bridges or Brown, and sign Cam Johnson. Harden would be a great fit if the Rockets get that chance based on the results tonight.

Scoot..don't need Harden.

Miller...I could go either way on this, but this depends more on other moves.

Amen or Ausar...don't need Harden

BamBam likes this.