1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Apr 13, 2023.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

What does everyone think so far??

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's a lot more Breath of the Wild with a lot more ability to use your imagination to accomplish things around the world. I've heard impressions saying that this game makes BOTW seem like a first draft and, while I am still very early, I can see why people are saying it. BOTW is the only open world game I've played where I have been sucked into actually exploring and taking my time, doing side missions, etc. (I usually either main line the story or fall off down the line for different reasons). But this is really hooking me again. If you liked or loved the first game, you'll feel the same way or better on this one.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

@Yung-T @Jontro

Jeremy Link strikes again.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am currently playing through the first title (Breath of the Wild) and will probably pick this up later.
    Just think the ratings are a total joke and Nintendo games get way too high scores, Breath of the Wild for example was nowhere polished or intriguing enough compared to other open world games to deserve an average of 90+ (and it got an average of 96 or something).
    Good game with some interesting mechanics, but a ton of bad design decisions and a pretty bland world, without the Zelda and Nintendo name it would get mid 80s imo.

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Seems like the vehicles you create disappear after you leave a zone of 200-300m from creation point apparently, really not sure why they did that and how it rewards spending extended time to build something creative.

6. MystikArkitect

Trying as hard as I can not to look up anything at all about the game. I want to just experience it on my own with no help or persuasion from the YT folk. Seems like they've "fixed" the weapon breaking with the fuse ability and making contraptions is super fun. Haven't made it off of Sky Island yet but it's a blast so far.

Andre0087 likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Disagree. BOTW size was huge compared to a game like Ghosts of Tsushima and just.... not as fun.

I only care about the cut scenes in a story so much... and combat gets repetitive in most games. With Zelda you can come up with so many ways to win a battle.

TOFG is puzzle after puzzle. Loving it. Moving slow. Savoring.

DonkeyMagic and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have had very limited play time so far, but I am enjoying a lot. I love BOTW and played forever before I actually beat Gannon. I really like the shrine quests this time around. Instead of platforming type puzzles they seem to be more engineering solutions. So far lots of fun.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am never going to finish this game, because I am going to spend hours trying to build the craziest contraptions possible. I saw a video where a guy made a helicopter and then flew it around and wrecked everything with bomb arrows.

Ubiquitin and Ziggy like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What kind of game is this? lulz