1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we sleeping on Will Levis?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Shark44, Dec 31, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Some of y’all are so defensive.
    Have you seen Stroud throw on the run? Or move explosively?
    I’m not trying to knock the guy, he’s super accurate and great arm when on schedule.

I don’t understand how you and others can’t accept truth.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

First, I’m not denying his accuracy.
    Second, college stats, specifically at Ohio St don’t mean much.

The Iowa and Michigan tape alone from this year, there were literally 7-8 dropped interceptions.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If y’all want to bury your head in the sand and live in a pipe dream scenario, great.
    I hope Stroud is the next Matt Ryan or Joe Burrow.

raining threes likes this.
  4. dookiester

dookiester Member

So just for the record, you favor Will Levis over CJ Stroud bc Levis has more explosive mobility and is better throwing on the run?

houstonstime likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t actually favor Levis. I prefer his and AR skillset.
    I didn’t want any QB other than Bryce at 2.

There’s a lot to like about Stroud. The arm, size and production are great. I would want someone more mobile or closer to what the top guys in the league are.
    Stroud the kid I like. I don’t like Ohio St QBs and I absolutely hate his agent and QB coach

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Been commenting this for a while. He’s stuck on athleticism. He’s also stuck on potential. Refuses to discuss that stroud is clearly the current better qb. Just that Levis can run faster and has the physical gifts to maybe be better. Which is a lock I guess..

Would also rather have pinpoint accuracy and better decision making than “athleticism” but whatevs.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Upside is important in a number 2 overall pick no?
    Yes, Stroud is absolutely the better QB right now. I want the better QB at their best, when we’re ready to compete.
    Stroud might be that guy, I just don’t see a real high upside in him. But I’ve been wrong and could absolutely be wrong. I’m hoping I am.

Most of my piss and vinegar is towards posters and not actually Stroud

houstonstime likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I know. And we’ll see how it all turns out. I’ve always been more of a bird in the hand type guy. And I’m not always right either. But Clowney had freak-athlete potential as well. Also seen a lot of prototypes not work out.

I do wish you could fight the urge to go after posters because I don’t mind your posts and I agree with things you say on different subjects, and when you let it get about the poster it takes away from your argument, which can be tough to watch.

again, I think I’ve said, it’s the fact that it’s after the draft and who these guys now play for that is probably rubbing ppl the wrong way. Just have to wait and see. But I don’t plan to be here rubbing your face in it if you’re wrong, because I’ll be too busy being ecstatic at our franchise, Uber athletic, mobile qb just wiping the floor with the afc south.

Sooty and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re absolutely right.
    The hate on Levis predraft was strange. Much like my hate for Stroud. Wasn’t warranted, just personal preference.
    I do hope Stroud is the truth, and I’m not against a traditional pocket passer. Hope he’s the best of all the rooks

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now wer're counting dropped interceptions? Well, I guess that type of stat could go for any player, including Levis. All I'm saying is that I'd put my bets on CJ over Levis if they played on our team. Levis might have an advantage with his surrounding cast in Indy though. Time will tell. All I know is that our team is going to be more competitive than last year with our new pickups all around. I can't wait!

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think he has underrated athleticism and has been taught to only to move his feet to move up in the pocket, not scramble. He can for sure scramble though

12. Buck Turgidson

Are we sleeping on Will Levis?

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

LOL. Cmon man “dropped INTs” is a stat? I wonder who led college in “dropped ints”? Who was the NFL leader? I know Stroud wasn’t your guy but we’re getting in the weeds now. The Texans took a chance on a guy who can win from the pocket, let it play out. They had to swing the bat on a QB at some point, CJ might be the answer.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He might be for sure.
    I hope he is.

And no I wasn’t saying anything bad about Stroud, he’s still accurate. But watch the every throw tape, there are literally 7-8 throws that are dropped by defenders. Like right in their arms. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky.

raining threes and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Im with you on the expectations though because rookie QBs have learning curves that they ALL experience. So everyone may have to curb the enthusiasm and be patient. But I love what Nick and Demeco did this offseason!!!!

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why is the post in the Texans' section? Move it to general NFL. Levis was never going to be a Texan....period. Let cmoak go post about him in the general NFL section.

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stop being a b****, tag me if you say my name.
    Get rid of the Watson thread first

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Watson ACTUALLY played for the Texans AND we are invested because the Texans still have 2 picks from the trade.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Watson plays for a non divisional opponent and is a big reason the Texans are where they’re at.
    Move that thread

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What don't you understand? His play affects the 1st round pick for 2024.

raining threes likes this.