1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funk Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Mar 11, 2021.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Garbage piled onto garbage

FrontRunner, MadMax and Reeko like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Thanks for making me feel old. Twice. In the same post.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

It`s already been proven that tunker lies as easy as he breathes, is this just a new platform for him to spew his lies and alternative facts? I am so thankful I am not on twitter so I don't have to run across this crap or see any of elon`s justification of having this dude on...........it will make both of them tons of cash, but if trump is on truth social and all his minions are there to will they all switch to twitter to watch their favorite lapdog?

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tucker Carlson on Twitter Could Work Awfully Well

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/12/opinion/tucker-carlson-twitter.html?smid=url-share

excerpt:

What I’m saying is: It’s not unreasonable to think Carlson’s Twitter move could work awfully well.

It could also further tweak the meaning of “show.” That word once described the thing you saw on TV as you sat on your sofa. Now it means podcasts and YouTube series and Twitch livestreams. But what is a show by cable’s formerly biggest star on a site that was once known strictly as a place for microblogging? It could be a long video posted every day; it could be short clips posted all the time; it could be something like a Twitter Space, an interactive conversation with fans; it could be some new format entirely.

Production-wise, his show should be an easy lift. The wood-paneled studio from which he broadcast his latest missive looks good enough for the internet and comports with his red state prepster vibe. At launch, he could simply do his monologues from there and post the clips to Twitter. After a while, he could start making more bespoke fare and charging a fee under Twitter’s subscription program, which allows creators to cultivate an audience that pays for exclusive content.

Last July, in its final earnings report as a public company, Twitter said that about 238 million people used the service every day, close to 42 million of them in the United States. Even if the site under Musk has gone to the dogs, it’s still used by millions, including legions of politicians and journalists who check it daily. Carlson’s Fox News show attracted an audience of about 3.3 million viewers per night last year, according to Nielsen. As I write, his Twitter video sent out this week to announce the new show (captioned “We’re back”) has been viewed more than 25 million times.

TV ratings aren’t perfectly comparable with internet metrics, but Carlson won’t be going to some cultural Elba. If his Twitter show achieves any traction — and if it’s, you know, not unwatchable — he could remain a driving force on the political right and in the broader conversation.

He could make a lot of money doing it, too. Maybe not the $20 million a year Fox reportedly paid him. But let’s say Carlson charges his fans $5 a month; he’d need only about 330,000 subscribers — about a tenth of his average nightly TV viewership — to match his earnings at Fox. (Not accounting for Musk’s take.) That’s a lot, but it’s not out of the question.
    more at the link

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hitching your wagon to a social media platform that has no business model sounds like a solid idea, Tucker.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Commodore

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Proof that CNN should lie to their viewers too.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly CNN is heading the Fox News route. Cable news audience is becoming more older and more unison in their ideologies as more and more people are just ditching cable tv networks. Like I can't tell you the last time I sat down for 30 minutes to watch something on TNT or any cable station and I'm sure most people my age can say the same thing.

CNN is pandering to a smaller niche audience as time moves forward and that niche is typically boomerish in their ideology so that means you can scare them with trans content also.

Tucker Carlson's reach before Fox News was mainly for older slightly more bigoted apolitical types who have Fox news on their background. They aren't political junkies or have strong opinions but they like the words Tucker says. It comforts their world views.

Tucker online is scarier because he now has the ability to brainwash an army of young incels males

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ratings are all that matter. I imagine @Commodore is a Taylor Swift fan also

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

13. ROCKSS

Well, the maga base is pretty lazy and you would have to go find tunker to see the show, its just easier to turn on newsmax or some other nutjob show with the click of a remote

14. Commodore

15. ROCKSS

He says he knows for a fact there is a cover up because he interviewed someone and saw the paperwork...........if true you know he would shout that shet from the rooftop. As always, "I`ve seen it with my own eyes", but I can't share it, I can only say its a conspiracy. I do agree that we should be able to know what happened, but just like UFO`s I guess some things were not gonna know.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nixon had some thoughts about this as well.

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Someone else to be trusted. Nice company you keep.

18. Commodore

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Americans tell Carlson F*** You for supporting insurrectionist traitors attempting to overturn an election.

mdrowe00 and Andre0087 like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

There you go, rarely do I see that type of passion from you!!!

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.