1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Useless stat from someone who had the ball as much as Harden did, especially when he was probably gassed out from playing 40 to 44 minutes a night.... and not having much help. Also, having a garbage bench and roster in most of his years with the Rockets.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

After watching this, I find it's not hard to watch KPJ Isoball... At least KPJ is fearless on the court.

ashleyem likes this.
  4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Just look what I said about Harden in my last post.

This is playoff Harden, 1 good game followed by 2 bad ones. It might be 3 bad ones now that he's older.

napalm06, PeterKingX and ashleyem like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Not just playoffs, though. When he'd have a 50 point game in Houston he'd stink the next game. Tired? Too much post-game celebrating?

I want a really good PG here in Houston, and I don't know of Harden alternatives.

6. Ancient Moabite

Does this also mean that Harden was the main reason for those games being close?

I guess if so then the Rockets launched off and crashed n burned with their franchise player, get most of credit along with the blame

108 fg attempts is basically 5 to 6 games( but in playoffs could be stretched out to more based on being 7 game series) that is some serious high level nitpicking, but that is exactly what the postseason is, a super reduced super hyped up regular season

BamBam likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was all in in on Harden coming back as a true pg, but im iffy in that now.

Around the time he became iso Harden here in houston he also became a guy who does nothing for a team off ball and as a result the entire team becomes stagnant.

I really want to go to a more motion style offense which udoka likes to run and there's a big chance Harden isnt going to suddenly become more active when he doesnt have the ball in his hands.

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You don’t give max to a 34-year-old who has lost all of his explosiveness and finishing ability

CVcrew and jdhi like this.
  9. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Harden doesn't need to play with a center as good as embiidd is that demands the ball

He knows he can play his way and take over

10. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

Haha u guys wanna the chucker back. Green and harden 2 chucker on the same team

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Ancient Moabite

You forgot to add that Harden won the assist title, that's a pretty good balance..... a chucker and dime machine

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nice chest hair?

Hairline is also not what it used to be.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U pony up money for the playmaking and offensive development harden will provide to our youngsters

Folks Keep framing it like we are signing harden to win it all or carry us in playoffs. We are still tok green and with a new coach to even be thinking or winning it all.

No one we can realistic sign this offseason will lead us to a ring. I rather take a risk on the best playmaker having a few more great to Solid regular season to develop the youngsters, playoffs are just Xtra over overpaying a bunch of players with hopes they have similar impact to harden.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not even the money which is a whole other story by itself, he had the money when he first entered Houston.

In Houston he can do whatever he wants, in Philly at least that is another city with aggressive fans but in Houston lol.

He can appear in a fat suit and yeah couple of fans will be pissed but nobody will be calling for his head like in Brooklyn.

Any big intrusive media environment he would be dissected to the tiniest detail.

16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Trolling only works when you've been watching the NBA longer than 2 years, nobody takes y'all seriously.

17. Asian Sensation

Can’t wait to see more Harden iso dribbles

[​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  18. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

He got to pick and choose who he wanted to play with here. He got rid of CP3 for Russ, that didn’t work. Let’s not mention how he plays in the playoffs. It’s so hard to watch. He is one of my favorite basketball players of all time. He is going into his mid 30s, does not get by people like he use to and is in better shape. Hard pass.

CVcrew likes this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Hell no on Harden.

Can't believe people would consider this.

Dude's gonna command the max and he's nowhere near worth it. They would be stupid. There were witnesses in Houston that he not only was in the club partying the night before that game, but also taking home the strippers after 2AM in the morning. When he's got a playoff game the next day. Shows up looking like he's still F'ed up and has his worst performance in his career.

F that dude.

On a side note... If he wants to sign on a team friendly deal with team options then fine, but they gotta be able to control that deal. Don't trust em.

20. ktex

ktex Member

I just don't understand who could possibly think this would be a good idea. He's not going to be a positive influence on our young kids, quite the opposite.

Maxgx, RoyalGuard and PeterKingX like this.