1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets could easily open more space which is why some of these anti-Harden arguments like “we’ll only have 15 mil left to pay some mediocre player if we sign Harden” are just dumb

Rockets still have a lot of deadweight on this team that could be easily replaced

Rockets could trade Tate for some irrelevant future 1st rounder…trade JC for a 2nd round pick…drop TyTy

just getting rid of Tate and JC is an almost extra 10 mil right there

Y2JT likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Funny how the LTS money saving Cheapie’s are now so use to operating as such. Lets save money and not spend when the rockets are a perennial contender. Also these same people. Lets not spend and save money when there’s a boatload of cap space and kids are on rookie contracts. It’s literally irrelevant how much harden gets paid in this current state of the rockets. You’re resting this silly logic that harden is keeping the rockets from doing anything. He isn’t.

these same people would rather over pay roleplayers who will never come close to having the impact of winning harden has and think that's much more viable. newsflash it doesn't remotely come close. and yeah it does stop something. it stops these rockets kids actually from learning from someone who can teach them about winning at a high level. folks thought the likes of EG/Theis would be some good vets to learn how to win. we saw how that turned out. but but i dont want to pay harden too much. just silly

luckyman76 likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

By 2026, the Rockets will be out from under their OKC obligations - Harden's declien then becomes a way more solvable problem.

luckyman76, Y2JT, topfive and 2 others like this.
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I often wonder when people on this forum refer to other people on this forum if the people being refered to know that they are the people being refered about....:confused:

Go Rockets!!!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Don’t forget KPJ

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Where are you DD? I would say you were embarrassed by your insanely stupid take yesterday, but you would have stop posting long ago if you were embarrassed about your player evaluations. You’ll be back if Harden has an off game, I’m sure.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It really comes down to the money and number of years. I’d give Harden the max for 3 years plus a 1 year team option or give him 5 yrs 150 which would be a tremendous discount. I can understand the arguments against signing him for 4-5 years at 45. He is definitely the only player that makes sense that is within our reach that doesn’t gut our youth to get him.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he can go too for sure, but I honestly wouldn’t mind keeping him around in a bench scorer role if he’s willing to accept and embrace it

he could be our Immanuel Quickley…those type of players do bring some value to a team

I just don’t want any parts of him as a PG or anything close to a primary creator

25 mpg scorer off the bench…30 minutes if he’s hot

luckyman76 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

A couple idiots exposed for 0 credibility, just talking out the side of their neck. Especially another fat boy in Nick who’s just chuckling it up having not one athletic bone in his body

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets can’t offer Harden a 5 year deal, and players of his caliber don’t accept team options

Rockets can see if they can negotiate a 4 year deal with 2-3 years of max money and 1-2 years of reduced salary fully guaranteed or with a PO…I can’t see Harden ever doing a Team Option

luckyman76, saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

people act like signing Harden will prevent us from signing some mythical young superstar in the next few years

“I don’t want Harden, I’d rather wait for a young superstar that fits our timeline”

Rockets sign a bunch of role players, then we’ll just continue to be bad

it’s a miracle a player of Harden’s caliber is even giving us the time of day, and he just so happens to be exactly what we need

but nah, let’s target FVV or give Cam Johnson the max…or sign D-Rose

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Totally agree, I was just saying that’s another 20m in cap space if we needed it.

luckyman76 and Reeko like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good lord. I honestly don't see how any of y'all -- many of you fairly intelligent -- can watch a minute of any talk show of any kind. Jesus H.

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

I’ve always been a huge Harden fan. Construe way he forced himself out of Houston, then Brooklyn(I don’t blame him because Kyre is a nut bag)and now he is going to leave Philly. He will never be happy and I don’t want him back in a Rockets uniform.

xaos likes this.
  15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Every superstar in the league would have forced their way out of Houston with the way the team was set up. Being bitter about that is ridiculous. Of course, he would want to go to another team with a chance to team up with another superstar as opposed to the incomparable Wood. People forget how great the Nets were looking when all of Durant, Harden, and Irving were playing. It’s not Harden’s fault that Irving is a complete idiot and Durant can’t stay on the court.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

New day .. New KPJ shade! The stubbornness of our 'fans' here is really impressive. Owner comes out gloating about KPJ, new coach has a role for him and mentions him and Jalen as "The Backcourt" and yet here we are!! More trade scenarios and amatuer fan projections with locktight roster constructions! This place is a dream come true for sociology buffs! :D:D:D:D:D

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Harden definitely coming home if Philly wins the title. His last mission would be leading the young guys to contender status!

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is what getting targeted in a playoff game looks like…Harden is a master at manipulating the defense

19. dmoneybangbang

Banging the table to pay Harden the max after one of his best playoff games ever is classic fandom. Can we at least wait and see how the series goes?

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

All teams can offer Harden at most 4 years