1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Companies That Get ‘Woke’ Aren’t Going Broke — They’re More Profitable Than Ever

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Reeko, Apr 12, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

@basso go woke go broke??? Or is it listen to foxnews get nd stupider?

The most smartest MAGA billionaires are just as dumb

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly Guiness is owned by the same company that owns Budweiser. At the bar on top of the Guiness brewery in Dublin they were even serving Bud Lite.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Heineken.
    @AroundTheWorld

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. Budweiser is nasty beer and Bud Light is even worse. I drank Bud years ago, before I knew there were much better beers out there. I can't stand Miller Light, Coors, or Coors Light either. Watered down alcohol with a beer flavor. I've noticed a lot of people who like to pound down beers for hours but those light beers. That, and people who are too cheap to buy a beer with a good flavor. I don't care what they put on their labels. I don't like any of those beers.
    LOL. Honestly, my fav is Guinness or a good lager beer. I really don't drink very often. Now when I visit Ireland that's a different story. A good Guinness straight from the tap is hard to resist.
    I never even noticed that in all my times in Ireland. Regardless, I do like Guinness. I also can't imagine buying a Bud Lite in Ireland with fresh Guinness on tap.

DFWRocket likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

So bud is nasty beer which is why sales plunged 17% in a short period of time

stupid people incapable of reasoning living in a deluded world

6. Buck Turgidson

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

So why are you even talking to us if you know better?

But you know who owns all of those "labels", right?

#87 Buck Turgidson, Apr 26, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. Buck Turgidson

Dooooo iiiiit.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Guinness is still brewed in the same Guinness factory, which had a 9,000 year lease in Dublin. As for who owns all the brands, well no, I didn't know. I don't know better. I was just talking about my taste preference. I don't care about politics and labels.

#90 deb4rockets, Apr 26, 2023
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently reading the truth and realizing you were lied to or misled is a hard concept for you, though.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep next time you’re at the Gravity Bar at the top of the St James Gate Brewery check the bar. I saw some people happily drinking Bud Lite there. In Belfast saw several bars openly advertising they served Coors Lite..

#92 rocketsjudoka, Apr 26, 2023
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I did a little research and stand corrected. Guinness is owned by Diageo and not InBev which is Anheusier Busch.

They were serving Bud and Bud Lite though at the Gravity Bar at the Guinness Brewery when I was there. A friend of mine took a pic of it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Press like this won't hurt Bud Light sales long term. There's nothing wrong with the product after all. It's important that Bud Light not flinch though, as if it doubles back then it loses completely. Brands that stand by what they do when it's justified will be fine. For every customer they lose in the short-term they will gain another back. Plus people rarely stick with a ban of a product they like for very long.

It is sad that people's hate for Transgender people is making them boycott a company, and even threatening to bomb its factory.

The same people who cry about liberals "cancel culture" are now engaged in the very behavior they once criticized.

15. Buck Turgidson

Diageo owns Guiness, so unless you're at the brewery....

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

When did I say I know better? I was talking about what I like and don't like. I don't care what beers people drink. I also find it silly when people stop drinking something they like because it's branded as woke.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I've been to the brewery. They export their beers. All the Guinness in the UK and US comes from the Dublin brewery.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Salvy
    @ROXRAN
    Dylan Mulvaney should replace that little teen Indian girl as miss marvel because he’s a dude pretending to be a teen girl
    And have it sponsored by bud light
    And Bri Larson driving a Nissan electric car

ROXRAN likes this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You think its silly when people boycott? Or you think its silly when people boycott things you support?

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I think it's silly to stop drinking a beer you like the taste of because you don't like one of their influencers.