1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green "Yeah we in the Playoffs next year"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 24, 2023.

?

In the playoffs

1. Yeah

59 vote(s)
    53.6%
  2. Nah

51 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Playoffs is gonna be tough unless a lot of things go right. The 6th seed this year was the Warriors with a 44-38 record. The Rockets will be hard pressed to double their win total in a single year. Even the play-in is a longshot since the Pelicans at the 10th spot won only 2 fewer games than Golden State.

I do think they'll win a lot more games simply due to them no longer tanking. Then if Udoka instills a defensive mentality on this young core, they get lucky in the draft(i.e. land in the Top 3), and sign a couple of quality veterans with all that cap space, it's not unthinkable that they wind up with 35+ wins. And it's worth noting that last season, the Spurs had the 10th seed and made the play-in with a 34-48 record.

I think next season will be a transitional year. They'll improve, but not enough to be in the playoffs. It's 2024-25 when they'll emerge as an up-and-coming team in the West. Especially if Brooklyn falls apart and they get a lotto pick from them in the 2024 draft.

OremLK and HillBoy like this.
  2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Maybe competing for the play-in if we get Wemby and Udoka is able to implement his system

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think you are probably right unless they get both Harden and Brown/Bridges. In that case they will certainly have a shot at the 40s, depending on other depth. A vet backup up center that is real, not a joke like Boban, would be nice or get Wemby or Jarace in the draft. Green, Jabari, and Sengun will all be stronger and more experienced and we finally have a coach. I think your take is more realistic though.

4. vator

vator Contributing Member

I believe.

I think Stone is going to bring us some vets we can win with and Ime Udoka is going to be a huge reason why we will be able to get some guys to come here.

tinman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not even that but the guy has been a jinxer of sorts......

I am looking forward to his next

We 'championship bound' in a few years.

vator likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

It's all on the shoulders of Stone. Trades and free agency.

My prediction is Stone will try to attract some legit stars, fall short, and then try to dig for some diamonds in the rough, taking chances at a decently proven player who is on the verge of stardom.

Getting a superstar to come here just sounds insane to me. Houston does not rank well as a destination for any star player. Trades is the best option. Stone has a pretty good track record so far on the trade front but wink-wink deals for extensions and the amount of talent / future we have to give away to get a deal done will keep me worrying.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

Green seems about as sharp as a butter knife. Sad how unrefined he is even at 20 almost like he has the development of a 7 year old.

daywalker02 and liveguy like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What?

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So everyone is going to work on their team defense, passing, and 3 point shooting every day this offseason?

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

He is inarticulate and sounds like he doesn't have any education or refinement. . . At all.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's a pretty suspicious statement to make about a young black man who honestly sounds perfectly normal for a guy in his age bracket, my friend

keeez, i3artow i3aller and Denovo like this.
  12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He’s pretty soft spoken in general. But I also doubt he’s sober in this clip lol

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

keeez, ElPigto, Denovo and 2 others like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya also he has different personas. Look at the Overtime documentary of Prolific. With his peers away from media he doesn't mumble anymore. He also is very vocal on the court. He's not this brain dead idiot like people think. People like Green who have squeaky clean background and only immensely positive things said about him with previous staff that trained him, it would be hard and near impossible for a dumb low IQ kid to stay the strait and narrow path given the immense amount of attention and pressure he has been under since like 15.

#74 fchowd0311, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yes we Cancun

tinman and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Jalen seems like a good guy. This is the prove it year for him. I hope I see a lot of clips of him in the gym.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

As currently constructed? No. However, depending on draft pick and free agency, then yeah, it's possible. Harden alone can drag this group to the play-in.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We will make some noise and have a shot at play ins.

Some of you debbie downers act like he said we are winning the NBA Finals next year
    • you need to calm down, you’re being too loud

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

“We have the best back court in the NBA” - Green last year

Just Shut Up And Play.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

if green stops painting his nails, this team is a guaranteed playoffs team.

daywalker02 and AroundTheWorld like this.