1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRIAN WINDHORST- A danger to our Houston Rockets !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

Right? You'd think it would be easy for Tilman to buy him off with a bunch of mediocre fried food and pasta

RasaqBoi and Dacamel like this.
  2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Its 420...that fool was just high and hungry

BamBam likes this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sources are telling me that Windhorst broke down in tears after finding out that he couldn't connect with fans.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Disgusting reply. I would have expect better from a experienced person as you ! Y

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

this is about kpj

tinman likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don' care what blow hard Windhorst says...**** him

DD

Timein and No Worries like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Never liked him.

But what happens if he’s right that we are a mess?

8. vince

vince Member

Rockets will be fine. They are building something good. It’s a process of patience.

Silas was brought in to coach Harden. He overstayed his welcome. Not because he isn’t likable, but because he’s not a rebuilding teams ideal coaching fit.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm sure moving from France to Detroit is something he'd really be interested in :rolleyes:

Dumb thread

tinman, No Worries and groovemachine like this.
  11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Destroying this thread is easier than clubbing baby seals :cool:

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

FWIW - having Sengun and Jabari is a pretty ideal set up for Victor. Extremely complementary playstyles and sky high defensive and offensive potential.

Our backcourt on the other hand...

AroundTheWorld and NewAge like this.
  13. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Yetti threads just hit different.

14. DreamR

DreamR Member

I think his weight is out of control.

His clothes are in danger of him not fitting into them anymore.

He's so much of a mess that ESPN sent him to France just so they could get away from him for awhile. How unfortunate for Wemby.

We're done with our rebuild, but when is he going to rebuild his body to the point where he can fit through a doorway without cracking the walls?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It is an actual problem. The journalists want players to go to bigger markets just because it's better for their pockets and in many cases they live there so it's easier to cover. So these days they're systematically trashing other teams baselessly in order to try to game the situation with FA's and draft picks.

They know that Wemby can tell a team he doesn't want to play with them and they might still draft him but that guy is going to leave. That's what they're trying to achieve here.

We have developed and won the most with big men, more than any single team in the NBA other than maybe the Lakers (more titles, fewer historically elite bigs). This is the team of Sampson, Malone, Hakeem, Yao and I guess Dwight. We developed Yao when the NBA thought he would be a role player. They kept downplaying him against LA's darling Shaq, and Yao kept standing his ground with an all time legend. There's no one who can make a better case about developing foreign and domestic big men, modern and traditional we've done it all. We know how to do it, it's in our DNA across various owners, GM's and coaches. Wemby would be joining and creating the greatest big man legacy in NBA history. We can hire whoever we want as coaching staff, we have tons of cap space and tons of future picks to upgrade things too. This is the PERFECT team for him.

Here's his Twitter, go tell him what you think: https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Landry's provide all that in masses.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

This kind of goes back to the ship of Theseus argument thing again. Yes, we have a long history of big men but there's barely anyone left in the organization from even the time of Yao. It's the Tilman era now, all we have from then is the name and the logo. Logos don't train big men. I still really want Wemby but the legacy is completely irrelevant. I guess it would be easier to tap Dream to train him like with Sengun but he's trained lot's of people.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fat tub of Lard

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think Jaylen Brown/Fred vanVleet is a perfect backcourt for Wemby, actually.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would agree with you except for the fact that the same thing was said when Yao was drafted. It was after we stopped using Dawson and the organization drew up unconventional methods of developing a skinny 7'5 big man that he exploded.

There's something about a city that believes in big men to dominate the NBA that will drop a bunch of questions from their mind like "can a big man lead a team to a title in this era?".

I can't explain it scientifically but very clearly stated: the people who were there for our first big men were not there for our last. If nothing else, Tilman can at least bring that to the table as a long term fan.