1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I'm loving every minute of the lead up to the draft. You are slowly starting to see the beginnings of the meltdown that will be in full swing next Thursday in here. We are already seeing the Bryce fanboys pop in with more complaints about Lovie winning the last game as the reality of Bryce slipping through their fingers has arrived. Now with the talk of the Texans not going for Stroud or any QB at 2 almost EVERYONE will be in meltdown mode.

Join the tank for Caleb movement.

If the Texans run Davis Mills out there 17 more times you really think we won't be the favorites for the 1st pick next year??

Lots to look forward to next season. Right???

:D

#6541 Redfish81, Apr 17, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wonder if the Texans like Levis or something and think they can trade back to 6, or back up to 6 to get him?

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Just watched Path to the Draft on NFL Network and they mocked the Texans trading back to 7 with the Raiders.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I’m cool with tanking.. I just don’t trust this franchise to even get that right!!!!!! o_O:rolleyes::D:confused:;):D

7. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I think you are correct good sir.. what’s interesting is it’s starting to come out from insiders that Levis maybe qb2 on some teams boards.. if that’s the case the Texans may not have a choice but to take him at 2.. at first I was all against it… now.. I don’t give a damn!! See what these Texans do to me :eek::oops::D

burlesk and Two Sandwiches like this.
  8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Pancakes needs to do the Texans a solid and tweet that he is 100% sure that the Panthers are drafting Bryce Young so it doesn't happen...

desihooper, Fulgore and primtim24 like this.
  9. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Yeah, despite all the measureables and physical traits that Levis and A-Rich possess, what scares me most about them is the accuracy (and touch) needed in the short game. A Rich has already come out and said "he didn't care if they complained he threw too hard, they needed to catch it.". I know this can be taught, but him and Levis scare me that they may not have the ability to adjust throw angles and velocities where needed.

houston19519 likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Nick fooling them all. If Bryce is gone I think he still goes Stroud

primtim24, Rudyc281 and burlesk like this.
  11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Don't understand how you get "we're not drafting AR" from someone saying they're happy that BY has cancelled his remaining draft visits, which really isn't that meaningful anyway pertaining to us considering that we've ALREADY had Young in and also the fact that the panthers STILL have another meeting with Stroud upcoming.
    Now if CAR cancels THAT meeting, well that would REALLY be significant to me!

I've been a "Young only" fan for us taking a QB high this draft (rd 1 or 2) but even I have to admit one giant factor remains.
    That A. Richardson fits the "Shanahan offense" to a tee!
    It's like Trey Lance only with 5 times the upside!
    And the best thing is he would only cost us 1 draft pick instead of 3+ San Fran paid for Lance!
    But if we're planning on trying to trade down and take him I don't think we do it until draft day just in case BY makes it to #2.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think we can breathe easy -- the Texans are unlikely to take a QB at #2. You just can't squander a #2 overall pick on the silver medalist in a mediocre draft class. Not good value for the pick. And definitely not a Caserio move. Remember, if we blow the #2 overall pick on a bad QB, it's a multi-year, devastating setback to the franchise. Best to take the game-disrupting edge rusher. Elevate the entire defense.

mulletman likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Trey Lance hasn't panned out and SF still won

houstonstime likes this.
  14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

True, but the 49ers had other QBs who were solid and a fantastic defense. The Texans have neither.

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Think about it! They needed a QB and many other positions two yrs ago and he chose Davis Mills when Mills wasn't #1 on his board. Mond was!

They know they do not have a starting caliber QB on the roster. Trust me, they are taking a QB!

Fulgore and Wattafan like this.
  16. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I prefer everyone trying to figure out what the Texans are doing instead of everyone knowing and teams jumping them in the draft to get players the organization were obviously interested in. This is much more fun.

raining threes, CKent and Sooty like this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Who told you they had Mond first?
    And what has Mond done?

raining threes likes this.
  18. HstnSprtsFan101

19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Pick 2 odds:
    Anderson +150
    Levis +210