1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Three predictions for an important Rockets offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2023.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

Completely agree with #1 and 2#, both are a must if We want to start winning.

KPJ is a great talent, and I think he could be a great sixt man for this team. If he's smart he will embrace that role and stay with the team that resurrected his career. #3 I'm iffy on, because I like Sengun and I truly think he would shine in a different system, which would actually use his passing skills and have our young athletes cut and move around him.

IMO our draft luck is going to be the key for this offseason. If We get Wemby, We become prime time, and will have coaches lining up to takeover the team. In that scenario, I think Harden comes back and We use the some of the assets to get quality veterans to supplant the core.

If We get Scoot, there's no Harden comeback, but there's a mountain of capspace that can be used to get good players and a Scoot/JG backcourt would be dynamite. After that, it starts to get a bit less exciting, but in any case We are in a good position.

We will have so many options available, and if Stone and the owners play their cards right, We can have the next Cleveland or Memphis-like rise to the top 8.

Y2JT, joshuaao and OremLK like this.
  3. a time to chill

Probably not going to happen, but I'm rooting for Silas to come back next year. I'm curious about what he can do with a more complete team. I'm going to lose a bit of respect for the front office and the rebuild process if their intention was to get high draft picks only to fire the coach when they now want to be competitive. The new coach is going to look better by default because he won't have to deal with the issues Silas has had to deal with for the past 3 years.

SubE and PeppermintCandy like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good read and refreshing to see Silas being gone is 100%.

clos4life likes this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Whatever new coach we get is going to have to deal with the same core group of players as this year. We aren't getting rid of most of our young players.

6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Whatcha gunna do brother, when the goon and his goonomaniacs run wild…..on….you?!?!?

@juanm34

upload_2023-4-6_12-39-27.gif

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Question for the GARM based on Clutch's story: Imagine the Rockets land #5 or #6 in the draft. If you could choose between these two options, would you rather:

a) Draft a guy like Jarace Walker (or insert your high-floor, good-defensive prospect of choice here) who improves our defense immediately, OR:

b) If possible, trade Sengun to move up and take Scoot Henderson (for example, if Charlotte or Detroit land #2)?

8. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jarace Walker.

Deal KPJ and some players for a Veteran.

a time to chill and OremLK like this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we dont get Jayson Tatum back in trade then Im out. Alpie is already better than Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Hakeem Olajuwon, Lebron James and Giannis combined. They may have to throw in Jaylen Brown too and I MIGHT be willing to part with KPJ in the deal. ;)

Houston77 and maj21 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

midnight-staley-pain.gif

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am quite surprised as to how close my predictions to the writer of this posy!
    My predictions:-
    FREE AGENTS " go to another Team
    KAMANSKY
    DAYS
    HUDGINS
    BOBAN
    PLAYERS TO BE TRADED:-
    SENGUN ( especially if we get the No 1 Pick )
    WE COULD EVEN GET MOBLEY ( a real center)
    PORTER
    TATE
    NIX
    STARTERS MIGHT BE POSSIBLE
    HARDEN
    GREEN
    MARTIN
    WEMBAYAMA
    SMITH

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

Silas was a wrong choice 3 years ago, so was Stone. Both need to go.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am with you on the first two, tho I want to retain KPJ as a 6th man and/or point forward. His talent, and value, cannot IMO be replaced in a deal.

Alpi? Loves me some Şengün. And that also means he must take big, big steps developmentally. If his mindset is to maximize himself then DEVELOP him.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am with you on the first two, tho I want to retain KPJ as a 6th man and/or point forward. His talent, and value, cannot IMO be replaced in a deal.

Alpi? Loves me some Şengün. And that also means he must take big, big steps developmentally. If his mindset is to maximize himself then DEVELOP him.
    I feel badly for Silas. He got screwed by Harden et al and is now unlikely to ever see the title of HC ever again.

Perhaps deservedly. He didn’t make chicken salad outta chicken uh, stuff.

sydmill likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope no. 3 turns out to be as correct as the article that advocated for Bruno freaking Fernando to start over Sengun.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Folks like to point out that sengun only fans will get triggered, don't forget clutch also agrees that kpj is not a good pg

18. maj21

maj21 Member

If we wanna be a good team, KJ can’t be starting. Your 3 needs to be able to shoot and guard the other team’s best perimeter player

OremLK likes this.
  19. maj21

maj21 Member

Who’s on here getting triggered by that statement? Lmao

20. maj21

maj21 Member

Triggered….