1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN 97.5 Houston: Rockets to pursue Jaylen Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Apr 1, 2023.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If this happens, does that mean Jalen Green and KPJ will be gone?

2. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Harden-Green-Brown-Jabari-Wembayama looks good. Plus Eason and Sengun from the bench

Y2JT likes this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Idk… this is seeming like it should b in the ‘random trade’ thread… lol

slothy420, YOLO and Nook like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden will soon be 34. Brown is 26, just entering his prime. Who do you want to build around two years from now?

I wouldn't mind having two beards together though.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I thought JB was a free agent. It's going to be impossible to acquire unless we get them to drink the KPJ kool-aid poison.

6. conquistador#11

A couple of more teams will be interested so that means Jabari, the lotto pick plus a Crooklyn picks to start the conversation an Alpi to finish it.
    He is that good, that young. I would only do it if it was the lotto pick and the Crooklyn picks.

larry cook likes this.
  7. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'm not giving up Green, Sengun, or Smith.

So I'm not sure the Rockets could put together a good enough package that doesn't include any of them.

Arnel, Ancient Moabite and Aruba77 like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He’s a premier 2-way player about to hit his best years with the size to stay on the court next to Jalen Green or to replace him if we have to include him in a trade package. A Harden-Brown backcourt would be very long and strong. Not advocating trading Jalen Green, but if we want a guy like Brown, that’s the kind of prospect Boston would demand in a package. Giving up Green, Sengun or Jabari is risky, but I can’t see us pulling off a Jaylen Brown trade without one of those guys in the deal.

#68 Aruba77, Apr 1, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
  9. Raven

Raven Member

He'd cost Green and either Smith or Eason plus all of our picks. We wouldn't have enough assets left to win.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Where as it stands... um...
    [​IMG]

DaDakota and Nook like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Like most of you, this whole rumor seems bonkers, but if it has merit, I could see something like the following:

Brown unhappy in Boston (for behind the scenes conflict sorts of reasons or wanting to be "the man" or something).
    Boston knows they can't really resign him and start drooling over the Rox top pick + one or two youngsters.

It would be sort of an "extend our window" move for Boston. (I dunno.)

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't get this from the Celtics perspective you have 2 stars in their mid 20's why fix what isn't broke.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Jaylen Brown is definitely a player I would trade good assets for. If they don’t get Wembayama, this years first plus players are on the table for me

B-Bob, beardsanity713 and Y2JT like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd trade any of those guys, may be two of them, for Brown. Brown is a sure thing. Those kids are just potentials. You always take the sure thing over potential unless the potential is really otherworldly good. Those guys may or may not turn out to be better than Brown. But none of their ceilings is significantly better than what Brown already is now.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I haven’t heard a single reliable rumor of Jaylen Brown having ANY interest in the Houston Rockets.

I know that Granato hangs out in some of the same “fellas” circles that Tilly does so it isn’t entirely impossible… but Granato gets a lot of bad information for someone as connected as he is. If I had to guess, maybe Tilly or someone around him said the Rockets would be interested in Brown. That’s possible, but about 30 teams would be interested in Brown.

The reality is that it is highly unlikely that the Celtics want to trade Brown, and if they did, it would be highly unlikely the Rockets would have what the Celtics want… and even assuming the above happens, why would Jaylen Brown, in his prime, want to join a team that has been the worst in the league over the last 3 years and has no guaranteed players that can win on the roster? He has ZERO ties to Houston.

So it’s cool that the Rockets think brain has all these wonderful ideas for Jaylen Brown - but it’s just not going to happen if we look at it realistically.

Really, a lot of the future is out of the Rockets hands- it will be ping pong balls that will matter the most. Get Wemby and the Rockets can’t **** it up. Get Henderson or maybe Miller and the Rockets are in a really solid spot…. Get outside of that and questions should be asked.

A coaching change… the lottery and internal growth from players like Green, Smith, Alpi and maybe a Tari or Washington are the biggest difference makers- not pie in the sky for a 26 year old averaging 26/6/3 on an elite team joining the worst team in the league over the last 3 years.

slothy420, Rudyc281, BigMaloe and 9 others like this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Racist fans.

pmac and Mathloom like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Still want to be cautious with draft picks because the Rockets will lose some of their own to OKC and we will be severely limited in adding the pieces as would need around Wemby/Green.

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe the young players we already have is what I’m saying, to get Brown through trade would cost us multiple premium assets (Combo of Jalen Jabari, 2023 1st, BKN picks)

Brown looks like a good 2nd or 3rd option on a championship caliber team, not sure if it makes sense to blow our load on him.

If we’re talking about targeting him in next years FA, I’m all for it

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

KPJ+Sengun+Tate+pick 4-7. How close are we with that?

How close does that get us? Then we trade all of the Nets assets+Christoper+Clippers pick for Bridges and Claxton.

Claxton/Garuba
    Smith/KMJ
    Brown/Eason
    Bridges/Green
    Harden/Washington

Y2JT likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thanks Nook and what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I can't understand why he'd want to come here unless there just happens to be no other team that would hand him the keys. If racism is his issue then he's not moving to Texas, Indiana or Utah which are the 3 teams with cap space this summer. Just seems unlikely though I hope we’re wrong.

BallSoHarden and Nook like this.