1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Texas Monthly]: Ultimate Texas Brand Bracket

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Mar 28, 2023.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Bluebell is about value, not quality.

It's not hard to beat it if you're looking for a treat/snack, but it's hard to beat it if you're feeding a family or group.

2. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

I was looking for Nokona myself.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The thing I've found about Whataburger is that the locations in the smaller towns are SO MUCH better than the locations in the cities. I have to drive to Corpus every now and then and I always stop at the one in Refugio and it's literally like a fine dining experience. But there are 2 different locations here in Kingwood and neither one is all that. Small town locations are always spot on.

Yeah, I love that you can tell Kroger when you're 5 minutes away on the app. That way when you get there, they bring your order out seconds after you check in.

One thing HEB has over Kroger is that their parking spots are covered. That comes in handy on a rainy day.

ATXNekko likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Being in Austin where HEB is our only grocery store might have me biased. But over the pandemic and through any natural disaster, they have navigated their supply chain and stores better than anyone else, government included. So they're really appreciated here.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

One of the companies I used to work for about 20 years ago had HEB as a major client. I remember going to San Antonio to visit one of their tech areas (?) or where some of their developers worked. It was like a dungeon, looked kind of archaic, etc. If you had told me a company like that would be leading everybody through a pandemic, I would've thought you were nuts.

Speaking of which, it's possibly surprising something like Nocona/Justin Boots didn't make it. Or at least I don't see them on there.

#25 Dr of Dunk, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    ATXNekko likes this.