1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol stop it. Your original comment was about a line up construction and claiming that Green would be the weak link and provide the least spacing out of a line up that includes a 19 year old rookie(Wemby) and Sengun and Jabari when this happens to Green on the regilar:

The extent of your analysis is showing ts%. That's it. No context like shot profile and defensive attention and role in a offense.

Sincerely ask yourself who is more responsible for the lack of spacing on our offense when seeing those clips and screenshots? Green or Sengun? The guy who does 3 pump fakes whie wide open in the perimeter because not a single soul within 5 ft is near him or the one who sees traps and doubles in the perimeter?

Stop being stupid.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Core for me is Green, Smith, Eason, and maybe Sengun. That said, I would trade everyone except Smith for a superstar.

quikkag and sydmill like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

One thing is sure, there's a lot of alternative outcomes of this rebuild (sorry Jarrett Allen) but trading for Ben Simmons would've been the worst.

I'm happy with what we have to deal with this offseason. Unfortunately I don't trust Tilman.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Green, Eason, and Bari are the core, especially Bari who is still only nineteen years old.

quikkag and sydmill like this.
  5. Rokman

Rokman Member

Again, stupid is can't read. I made no mention of spacing, I said he's the worst shooter of the 5. I was wrong, Jabari is, that said, Jalen's shooting percentages, that were at terribly low numbers last year, ARE EVEN LOWER THIS YEAR. Now, you might make the argument that he gets double or triple teamed, well, what kind of defense do the guys I listed earlier get? Many of those guards shooting 60%+ are the most heavily covered in the league, with defenses constructed exclusively for how to deal with them. Oh I know they have better teams, better coaches, etc. I get it. Whatever the issue, it obviously has nothing to do with Jalens abilities, it's everyone else fault.

Listen, I know being the mother of Jalen Green is a hard job to have when you have to defend your baby boy all the time for his short comings but calling people stupid doesn't make you right.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

Re-read your comment here and quantity the percentage it's related to actual discussion of play in the court?

Also re-read how your formulate your rhetorical arguments.

The format is essentially:

"You provided X context for given situation. I believe X context is irrelevant. The reason why is because I think you are the mother of individual you are providing context for. That is my only reason for this opinion and I can't provide one based on actual play on court. I also have a misunderstanding of the concept of what the term 'shooting' is"

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen, Jabari, and I’d like to keep Tari

the rest can go

8. fchowd0311

We keep Sengun if we draft a Jabari type who isn't a primary offensive creator but has potential to be an elite role player. Then we have to consider mimicking the King's system with Green and Sengun. Then our primary concern would be finding floor spacing vets, a tall defensive big and a vet pg so package KPJ, KMJ, Josh, Garuba etc and first round picks for those type of players and pray we can attract a couple of quality vets through free agency.

If we get Wemby or Scoot, it's time to let Sengun go and he can net you the best haul on this team outside of Green and arguably Jabari. With Sengun, that's too many mouths to feed who need the ball to be elite.

Either way KPJ gotta go only because of the possibility of what happens if his role gets demoted. If he was able to handle a demoted role, I would be fine keeping him as 6th man.

#568 fchowd0311, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If I was to bet on this happening or him having a career ending injury I would go with the latter

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Look at his shooting percentages last year. Now look at them this year. Now look at other players on the team. Now look at the rest of the league. Now imagine that they are all playing the same game. Now imagine that they all get defended. I know, I know, it's just too simple.

11. fchowd0311

He has a 1% drop in his scoring efficiency with a 5 pt increase in ppg with a bump from 50% unassisted fgm to 60%( more self created attempts off the dribble) with more defensive attention and a worse roster with worse spacing with guys like a 19 year old rookie replacing a competent stretch 4 in Wood deceasing the spacing.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But what about Sengun breh?

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Rockets do not have a single core player.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Can’t you read? He said today’s core. Another day, another core :D;)

Easy and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Silas had one job this year, to find the core and he failed at that.

DD

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

What does that even mean?

17. Rokman

Rokman Member

So now we would have been better with Wood on the team? Raise your hand if anyone agrees.

18. fchowd0311

Yes 25 year old Wood is absolutely no doubt better than current Jabari Smith. Wood was getting you 18 ppg at 60% ts

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

They have to evaluate there team. There one of the worst teams in league next to piston and spurs. God awful defense. Yea there young but eventually there will have to be some sort of vet leadership that needs to be implemented here. You can't just keep rolling out a college level team with no vets and expect to win.

There going to have bring in some role players around a star. Segun, Green , 2 great vets with star. Kpj , bari and Smith off the bench with better role players. So keep 5. They might have to trade this pick to get that star here what I'm saying. Multiple picks as well.

Still long rebuild , and you can only hope these players find there identity and team starts winning,.

(Forgot Smith he will be star at 25) Smith thou just to young to be a starter imo..

Rockets need Star pg (Trae Young) , with elitle 3d type player( Bridges)and Defensive big who can rebound block shots ? around Segun and Green. Maybe it is smith you tell me.

#579 Le$$, Mar 28, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    BamBam likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really you don't understand what I wrote? Honestly?

You can't figure it out?

LOL - you fail at comprehension.

DD