1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why America will be more like Texas soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Mar 21, 2023.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I self identify as an American that realizes you can't make everybody happy, but you can do things that make sense and for that ladies and gentlemen, I am all in on DeSantis :) woohoo !

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Thanks to Abbott consolidating power and soon becoming the first God Emperor of Texas, all of you will be hovering around in helicopters and giving the world free power. Biden has no chance against the fearless warrior.
    Rumor has it Abbott is wheeling around the west Texas deserts in search of further oil plumes and sand snakes.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I say I want to move to the Caribbean but I would get island fever and be back in Texas within 2 years. Especially if Jabari fills out that frame and hits 40% from 3. Or tucker signs an extension. TX beaches will do for now.

Nook likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Communists don't love America, they want a one party state like China and North Korea
    Worse, they hate chickens and glue themselves to the floor of NBA games

I'm pro Chick-fil-a and Popeyes

These communist want you to eat worms

ROXRAN likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The majority of Asian immigrants came after the 1950s. These are people who had the money/skills to immigrate to one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

The path for most Black Americans and Latino Americans (specifically the ones with significant indigenous ancestry) is vastly different from the average Asian and European immigration experience. Just think about it for a second.

subtomic and Nook like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We definitely see his version of America differently. I'm just glad he doesn't stand a chance of ruling under the Right Wing ways. The majority of Americans won't vote for him.

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

It's ok to disagree on certain things - diversity of thought makes us great - have a good day deb

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Don't forget debt. Success is easy when you make a future generation pay for it.
    https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Don't forget debt. Success is easy when you make a future generation pay for it.
    https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

All of the social programs you are talking about require someone to pay for them. Are the illegal immigrants you get mad at me for criticizing going to come up from the south going to pay for our benefits? Or is it the other way around? You want to manage a state and have those nice benefits, then you have to make choices like cutting off the flow of mass illegal migration. Or, you take out debt. Or limit what you can offer. Economics 101.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree! Diversity is what makes this country great. We don't all have to believe the same way to be able to work together, treat each other as equals, and live peacefully. I hope people keep that mindset when the campaigns get ugly, and they choose their next President. Anyone spewing hate or unjust treatment towards others, or proposes laws to discriminate against certain groups doesn't make for a good leader.. united we stand, divided we fall.

#31 deb4rockets, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    ROXRAN likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Think of debt as investing. But instead of investing in investors. You invest in talent. You invest to produce more John B Goodenoughs rather than invest to make non creative types like Elon Musk who are only good at paying for talent more wealthy.

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

People also seem to forget a ton of these "illegals" are getting jobs with fake SSNs paying into the system and will never collect.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

in this instance of the fake SS#, the applicable SS tax is deducted from the paycheck and remitted to the SS admin.

because the SS# is fake, the SS Admin has no liability to pay any one.

just to summarize, SS Admin receives tax witholding and, because of the fake SS#, pays out no benefits.

Xopher likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

It is all a trade-off.

There are a lot of opportunities to be upper middle class and wealthy in Texas.

However, there are also FAR less safety nets for those that are poor and while land is plentiful and cheap, there are environmental issues as well.

All of these polls really are selective and mean nothing - it is all circumstantial.

For example, to some voting rights and discrimination are very important issues - but for a lot of people these issues are not important to them, because they feel no-one is attempting to take away their right to vote and access to an abortion isn't important to them.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Glad I left. Texas is alright. The Governor and his minions are the problem and are destroying it from within.

Friendship state my ass.

Andre0087 and Xerobull like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Race to the bottom isn't sustainable.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

@ROXRAN
    @Os Trigonum
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2