1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be “woke”

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by durvasa, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

You're so full of ****...

"On Oct. 26, Minnesota prosecutors charged Brinton with stealing a suitcase worth $2,325 from a Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport baggage carousel in September. Brinton faces up to five years in prison for the alleged crime and was released without bail following a court hearing last week."

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Eat your own **** lol, I was referring to others in those administrations listed prior I did not say Britton got off Scott free...

"none of the progressives who work for the obama / clinton / Carter / JFK / LBJ admin are woke ??"
    No one who worked in those administrations looked like a nut job, and stole multiple luggage and received zero legal consequences ... that is correct !

frankly I'm glad the fool had overwhelming evidence against him - the point is this is not something you would see others doing in other administrations, so no, it would not be woke from the administrations listed

Woke means you can look like a nut job, work for the Biden administration while somehow thinking stealing multiple luggage has zero consequences ... Fwiw clarified #thumbsup

#623 ROXRAN, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

ROXRAN likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

yeah no

6. ROXRAN

Woke is when you are a 17 year marvel executive and wanted to change the "x-men" name then leaves for "undisclosed" reasons, and I'm sure she wouldn't of been happy just at that next would've been spiderperson, batthem, or other nonsense

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Marvel paid like BIG MONEY for the X-Men rights, THEY STILL HAVEN'T MADE A MOVIE YET
    And if they start making Trans-Wolverine nobody is going to watch

ROXRAN likes this.
  8. Xopher

Xopher Member

You said twice now people in previous administrations did not "looked like a nut job, and stole multiple luggage and received zero legal consequences". What you stated means people in the current administration "looked like a nut job, and stole multiple luggage and received zero legal consequences" since you were doing a COMPARISON. This is how comparisons work. So yes you stated Briton received no consequences since you made a comparison.

9. Xopher

Xopher Member

10. Ancient Moabite

Just woke up from a great power nap... I Am woke

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You playing a character right?

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This almost feels like an episode of impractical jokers where they are trying to see what the dumbest thing the puppeteers can get the lemmings to repeat over and over again, while everyone just laughs at them.

No joke, their feelings are now hurt about "Wokeness".

You literally couldn't make this up.

JayGoogle, Xopher and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. ROXRAN

"Identify as female Barbie" coming to target stores !
    No joke I would not be surprised to see this hitting the shelves and then once it fails, of course, it would be blamed on transphobia for whatever or bad non-woke parents not indoctrinating the children

dachuda86 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

If you are on the side of conservative Islam on the issues of human rights..... then you are part of the problem.

I am not Mr. Woke, but I can guarantee you that conservative Islam is WAY at the bottom of the list of social movements or belief systems I want in my schools or social structures.

If you all want to push gay people and atheists off buildings because your imaginary God hates his own creations, then that is on you.

JayGoogle, FrontRunner and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Which part? The transgendered part? Yeah, very few people have been openly transgender in public until very recently.

The theft part? Show me an administration that did not have someone steal or be corrupt.

17. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jesus dude I don't need to see that ****. I was about to eat breakfast.

AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  19. tinman

Supporting Member

That particular community is a majority Muslim and those are the parents. They said they don't have problems with the staff, just the books.
    None of these parents had issues with the books before the current school board approved the 'new' books.

20. Nook

Nook Member

So?

I don't really give a lot of credence to people that have been indoctrinated by an oppressive belief system that isn't really complementary with Western Democracy.

JayGoogle likes this.