1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're the Bad Guys, Duh..

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketsjudoka, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

**** off. Go Stros.

Snake Diggit, IBTL, Viol8r and 2 others like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Pena looks all sweet with his heart sign but he's a BAAD MAANN!

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Reaction from some rabid Philly fans outside of CBP for game 6. And yes they accuse us of cheating. They accuse Framber of using sticky stuff, Stros of using illegal bats and leaning in to get hit by pitches.

Salvy and Stephen66 like this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

So in Houston they open up Minute Maid Park for fans when the Astros are on the road in the ALCS and WS. In Philadelphia fans have to set up a 37 inch TV outside of the stadium.

Nook and clos4life like this.
  5. Yordan The Great

#EmbraceTheHate

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

How much will they hate us when we win the WS the next TWO years?

3peat bro

clos4life and Viol8r like this.
  7. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

8. astroa89

astroa89 Member

In the words of the late great Tony Montana "Say goodnight to the bad guy!"

#128 astroa89, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    desihooper likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Following up on the discussion that the cheating scandal might keep Altuve out of the HOF.

To non Stros fans I make no apologies or have any shame regarding the 2017 WS. Yes the Astros were stealing signs and using the trashcans to signal batters. This wasn't the massive unfair advantage that people make it out to be because the Stros had a better road record that year and clinched the WS at Dodgers stadium.

Most importantly though THE DODGERS, YANKEES AND RED SOX WERE ALL CHEATING TOO!

So yes the Astros cheated but so were their opponents.

Also most evidence shows that Altuve wasn't cheating and didn't like it.

Nook, SuraGotMadHops and clos4life like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This came up in my YouTube mix.

I'm kinda annoyed by all this redemption talk and forgiving the Stros. I still think that those other teams were cheating too evens things out. Unfortunately most of the baseball world doesn't see it that way.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

On Minnesota Sports Talk radio they are doing a segment on the most annoying teams, fans, and players in the MLB. No surprise the Stros are up in the top 5 in all of those with Jose Altuve topping the most annoying player.

The Jose Altuve hate is out of hand. He does really showboat or talk a lot of trash. If anything from 2017 he's been one of the quieter players. Also most evidence points to that he didn't even engage in the sign stealing scandal and that whole buzzer thing was ridiculous.

Emailed in to tell them that Houston fans are actually some of the friendliest fans and they should come down to Houston and see a game and they will be treated well.

marks0223 likes this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

Jomboy (aka Jombitch) threw the grenade on Altuve media-wise, and he took it really far with the concocted wearing the buzzer bs. On top of that, Altuve is the one that walked off the Yankess which pissed off a lot of east coast media people. The yarn got longer and longer and it became an entity of its own. Altuve is the most unfairly treated player in the entire MLB.

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty well over most of the media bullshit and fan reactions to the cheating scandal. The Astros have moved on and are still good and nobody can take any of that away from them.

But the treatment of Altuve continues to piss me off anytime I think about it. By all measures the guy is 100% a great dude. He doesn't showboat, he doesn't come off as arrogant, he works hard, is a good teammate and a good family man. He may not have openly spoke against the cheating stuff or tried to stop it, but he definitely was one of the ones that didn't want any part of it. I would love to have 25 more like him on the team. He even took the over the top hate of him pretty well, especially considering how unfair it was...all because he didn't want it to fall on his teammates instead. There should be a book written about how he has comported himself throughout the whole scandal and afterwards. But no one will ever write that book. Won't sell enough copies because everyone that doesn't bother to look into details, get to know the guy or talk to people that do has decided to hate him and not question why.

Anyway, **** 'em. It pisses me off. Everything else associated with the scandal doesn't bother me anymore. But every time I hear "**** Altuve" from fans or see him listed as a highly hated player it bothers me. I'm glad he has risen above it, because I sure haven't.

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

You, me and Mattress Mac agree. It is mind boggling the hate Altuve gets. I do get some of it as I hated Michael Jordan because he was just "too good" and dominant for so long. The difference is Altuve is an against all odds underdog that has slayed such evil empires like the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers with the most hated evil empire being the Yankees. The media hate is understandable and expected since he has ripped the hearts out of all of those fanbases at one point or another from coast to coast.

What baffles me how supposed unbiased baseball fans can't see through the bullshit of it all. Your telling me you would rather have the Yankees and their $300+ mil payroll win again? Or the Dodgers or the Red Sox in 2018 with the mastermind behind the Astros scandal? Would you have rather Aroldis Chapman (a known wife beater) strike out Jose Altuve in the ALCS or send a team with a gazillion titles home with their tales tucked? Like, get your ****ing priorities straight and figure out who you should be cheering for from a moral/story standpoint instead of listening to all the biased media and social media platforms like Jomboy who is an avid Yankee fan. I really try to put myself in other people's shoes and be unbiased to see if I would love or hate Altuve if I was a Cincinnati Reds fan, for example. I keep coming to the same conclusion that I would take the opposite approach of the biased media and root the guy on against the Goliaths of the world and hope he continues to put fear in opponents with his 5'6" frame. The way the media has made Jose ****ing Altuve into Goliath and everyone else into David is just the most baffling thing I have seen through all of this. At this point all I can do is laugh and embrace the Altuve hate.

Then again, I am always skeptical of national media, especially these days and take their narratives with a grain of salt and try to think through what their angle is for bashing X player or X team. Most people unfortunately just do what they are told instead of thinking logically for themselves.

RunninRaven likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah, in Phily they are afraid that their fans will strip the stadium of all the plumbing and scrap metal.

marks0223 and IBTL like this.
  16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

And he's probably the most respected if you ask actual big league players.

17. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

The biggest issue is that the general public is lazy and ignorant.

They make no attempts at actually researching for the truth. They simply bandwagon on whatever the most convenient source tells them.

Furthermore we live in a society that does not believe in accountability. There is no way the average fan will believe that their team cheated and the other team cheating is much more easy to accept than his/her favorite team getting beat fairly.

msn and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  18. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

At least government programs are real.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Just like Hell.

20. msn

msn Member

please, kindly leave these references out of this forum. I respect your beliefs. But, let's talk baseball here, and let's do it while respecting one another. I ask as a peer; I don't have any authority to tell you how to post.

Snake Diggit likes this.