1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor or Scoot?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anyname, Mar 3, 2023.

?

Victor or scoot?

1. Victor

69 vote(s)
    89.6%
  2. Scoot

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I am starting to think Brandon Miller is the pick. This seems like Greg Oden and KD all over again. Generational talent but man I just don't think he will be the first player of that height to stay healthy.

Fulgore likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

At this point I don’t think the Rockets really care

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I also think that when we pick with the Clippers pick, we should take the best available player then too. And then, in free agency, we ought to try to sign some good players to reasonable contracts.

4. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Based on what? Just being awful or some other indication?

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Just think they’re desperate for a franchise changing player. That kid seems like he’s the real deal

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Brandon Miller's game may not translate to the NBA. There are some obvious yellow flags, leaning toward orange. He doesn't elevate on his jump shot and his first step isn't very fast. Stuff that works great in college can fail miserably when faced with the much higher physical talent level in the NBA.

He's a good shooter, but I could easily see him being relegated to a spot-up 3 ball guy in the NBA if his shot creation does not translate, which it very well may not. Anyone taking him over Wemby or Scoot is insane. I wouldn't even take him #3, personally, and that's before we get into the off the court stuff. Factor in his obvious stupidity off the court and it's a big "no thanks" from me.

As for Wemby, if he does stay healthy, even just like 70 or 80% of the time, the raw talent is so incredible that he could end up in the conversation for GOAT. You take that gamble every time. You can't pass up on a Wilt, Kareem, Olajuwon level of talent. You just can't.

Mathloom likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't even see it with Wemby. He looks just like bol bol out there. And he plays against nobody. He plays in a league worst than the CBA. And he's already had foot injuries. What makes people think he will be the only one not injured. Especially with the way he shoots that dumb running three pointer. He's for sure to land funny on someone.

PatBev likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

If you don't see it with Wemby you need to watch more video. If you're skeptical about the competition he's facing go watch the tape of his game against USA. 22 points, 8 rebounds, and 8(!) blocks. He was easily the best player on the floor.

9. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Not a single person doubts Wemby from a talent perspective. It’s more the history of 7’2+ players. I worry that the human body just isn’t designed for prolonged basketball at that height.

Corrosion likes this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Did not vote!!!

Waiting for my homie with a psychic to to show up and tell us what the future holds...;)

Go Rockets!!!

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. PatBev

PatBev Member

Scoot

I can see Wembys injuries turning him into street clothes Victor

12. Raven

Raven Member

The team that drafts Wemby should watch his minutes like a hawk, no back to backs, no pointless exhibition or charity games, no preseason games, no playing for his national team unless it's the Olympics, extremely limited practices, not too much bulking up, either. Basically the exact opposite of how Yao Ming was run into the ground.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

Corrosion and marky :) like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Uhm the exact poster before the person you quoted was doubting. Cmon yo!!

15. Houston77

Supporting Member

Oh. Oops. Haha

peleincubus likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I haven't watched much of Wemby's games but can anyone elaborate on the difference between Wemby and someone like Bol Bol?

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Either pick, Stone will have to convince a starter to come off the bench (KPJ/Sengun). It's more likely one will be traded instead of willing to come off the bench to be a 6th man.

19. Houston77

Supporting Member

I think Wemby has said he doesn't want to play center. If he's drafted, I'm guessing he'll slot in at the 4 next to Sengun, with Smith at the 3.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Miller is a stud. I could see him as your starting 3. Shooting over 50% when open from 3. Terrific shooter.