1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

So he wants to play with the Rockets or Pistons then. He wants an explosive guard to play with in the backcourt to form a "showtime" backcourt. LaMelo could be showtime, but not explosive like he described. Spurs don't have it. Magic don't have it. I think that answer basically gives his answer and it means he's got Jalen or Jaden as a backcourt teammate on his mind.

Y2JT likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not sold on him at all, his Gleague stats are weak.

For me it is Wemby or trade out of the draft all together.

DD

bmelo, tycoonchip and BigShasta like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder what Detroit would do in that spot, they have the 2nd pick and Scoot is right there but they already have 2 young guards and both were the best guard prospects in their class. It might be a chance for us to get scoot if they are ahead of us at 2

#304 JayGoogle, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Caesar likes this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Being worst just limits the damage of the worst case scenario and it could be worse.

#2 has a 47.8% chance of being 5th or 6th.
    #3 has a 47.8% chance of being 5-6 or 7.
    #4 has a 51.8% chance of being 5-6-7-8
    #5 has a 56.7% chance of being 5-6-7-8-9

Tanking does suck for everyone involved ..... but when it comes to the business side of things, there is no better way back to relevance. Moreso for teams who are in less desirable markets ..... lucky for us, this is one of the most desirable outside of LA & Miami.

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Yes I know. Being worse keeps teams from bottoming out. I wasn't saying don't be last, but was reminding that the sweepstakes odds isn't great.

At the time it was posted, the Wemby or Henderson optimism around here was unusually high. People started putting Wemby in their next season lineup even. (without disclaimers)

86% chance of not getting Wemby. That seems to have settled in now around the bbs/Rockets Live. 6'1" Ignite Henderson could be nice, but he's a tier below as a prospect.

#306 TimDuncanDonaut, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

We said the same thing about Green ..... he's on his way to mediocrity .... maybe.

bmelo likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

As I've mentioned several times before:

The Rockets have the 4th best shot selection chart in the entire league, I think considering their collective age, that's a fairly significant statistic ....

They have been right behind Denver, Boston & Brooklyn in shot quality all season.

They just can't bleeping shoot. The whole team has been bad .....

9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Never quite got the shot quality defense for the coaching, the only reason these boys are getting good looks is because nobody is defending them. Poor shooting leads to higher shot quality.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

11. i3artow i3aller

12. i3artow i3aller

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. i3artow i3aller

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Built like one of these guys.

[​IMG]

xaos and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. sw847

sw847 Member

Hey DD, Well wemby's stats aren't all that great even in a lesser league, and I would argue the G league is just as competitive is not more than the euro leagues.

I agree that wemby has a much higher ceiling and a better prospect, but with Rox's luck with injuries, wemby's low is lower as well. Henderson is a pretty much guaranteed all star, the risk is lower IMO

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wemby did come over here and put on a show against the G League Ignite while Scoot got hurt so there is that. Not sure how a 6'2 point with erratic 3 point shooting is going to be crowned a guaranteed all star, but we'll see! I'd say Wemby will be a day 1 all star on hype alone.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this guys body is absolutely ridiculous.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

same...we get a lot of shots at the rim which is good, but there is no one to fear on this team when it comes to shooting so teams will gladly pack the paint and give up open jumpers

Is a Tate wide open three considered good shot quality? Because it's exactly what the defense wants

teams don't even bother with Jabari, so I'm guessing his shot quality would be considered excellent with all the wide open shots he gets and misses...If he wasn't bricking everything, I'm sure teams would actually make more an effort to close out and contest, and what would his shot quality be then?

and in general, teams don't try that hard or spend that much time game planning against the Rockets to begin with

Tuckmose likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

I really don't see the point in getting excited over if someone is bulked up and stuff. I know a lot of guys that are bulked up like this but suck at basketball . not saying it's a minus but it is almost at some point you loose flexibility which is way more needed with let's say shot

DaDakota likes this.