1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN pushing racism & division

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

"This is our sport! We bruthas can't let these white boys ball!"

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol. Perkins rebuttal…IT’S THE FACTS! IT’S THE FACTS!

Well gee that convinced me.

3. MystikArkitect

I think if this was said in reverse whoever is in Kendrick Perkins' position would be unemployed shortly after.

Caesar likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Where’s @tinman when you need him?

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

C’mon guy - how did you not sense the rampant sarcasm in my post.

7. Rokman

Rokman Member

You know I almost said I sense sarcasm coming from you but with the way people are today it's not uncommon for people to think like that.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  8. Rokman

Rokman Member

ESPN, NBA, MLB, NFL, etc it's all gone to the woke. They only back off that crap when the money starts slowing down because they have lost their audience but as soon as it picks up they're right back on their woke bandwagon.

RocketsDraftTV likes this.
  9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think he has a point.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

^Guy who is so anti-woke that he wokes up before 6 AM to whine about the oppression of the white race on a basketball message board

11. The geth & the reaper

Me thinks you don’t actually believe that but interpret celebrating culture diversity and acknowledging other races is a form of racism towards white people, which shows the underlying problem with this country.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

13. likestohypeguy

Perk said we're good, JJ said we're always good, and Molly confirmed with that's what this show's all about. Stephen A still looks a little skeptical:
    [​IMG]
    And he wasn't talking there, or about to talk. Just smelled something fishy with their resolution I think, from looking at their own angry faces.

14. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

"When you're accustomed to privelege, equality feels like oppression."

I have to agree with @Rokman though. I was out eating the other day and my black waiter looked at me and said "Cracker". I threw my soup on him for saying that to me.

Corpusfan likes this.
  15. Rokman

Rokman Member

LOL - right, I set my alarm man just to get on here and write that response.

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

so, according to Perk there is "white privilege" in MVP voting, but it only applies to foreign-born whites? Pro-Serbian bias in the media? Canadian supremacists? German privilege in America?

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Kendrick Perkins is an idiot. He says stupid things damn near every day. Convenient he set his own timeline at 1990, you know because Magic Johnson winning MVPs without being top 10 in scoring doesn't fit his narrative. He cherry picks idiotic things without fact checking even those things.

How many MVP's have white people won in NBA history? Conspiracy against whites?!? I bet Perk was one of those that hated Lin get some shine and 15 minutes of fame. Probably clowned on Yao all the time too.
    Kendrick needs it to be black MVP's because he's one of those that pushes the narrative that today's NBA is bigger, faster stronger (blacker) and only plumbers(white people with goofy hair and short shorts) played in the past, yet there's been more white MVP's(3-Joker, Dirk, Nash=5 total with a 6th coming and possibly some Luka MVP's in the future), since there was from 1960 to the 2k's(3-Bird, Walton, Cowens=5 total).

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/charles-barkley-suggests-kendrick-perkins-espn-disease.html

“That’s asinine and silly,” Barkley said of Perkins’ take. “Asinine, silly and stupid. Pick one of the words, whatever one you want.”

“One of the things that’s silly about ESPN at times, they do this silly debate every year about the MVP, going back to even when I played,” Barkley continued. “They did it a lot with LeBron, which makes me laugh, too. Derrick Rose won it. He deserved it. Kevin Durant won it. He deserved it. It’s a regular season award. It ain’t who the best player is. It’s who had the best regular season, but every year ESPN gets these fools on radio and TV to talk about who’s the best player…They have these silly things every year and it’s really just, that’s the silliness of these morning talk shows.”

Barkley proceeded to state if there are more white voters than Black voters, and only five white players won the NBA MVP award in the last 30 years, then Perkins’ argument makes “zero sense.” According to Barkley, Perkins “crossed the line” with his hot take about NBA MVP voters holding a racial bias against Black players and he praised Redick for his willingness to push back.

“I always talk about ESPN disease,” Barkley continued. “A lot of these guys, when they get on TV and stuff, they’re like, ‘well I’m on ESPN, I got to say something provocative.’ And you know the thing about it, you’re always gonna get some fools out there, you guys probably get some fools calling in agreeing with him! I can promise you this, I’ve never said anything on television just to get clicks, that don’t mean I’ve been right or wrong, whatever.

“But I’ve never said something like, ‘well I know people are going to react and go crazy, let me say this.’ And this is what bothers me also, man race is such a touchy subject because very few people have a pure heart. We can talk about race as much as you want to as long as you’re going to be fair and honest. But to slander this man (Jokić) in this situation is just total BS.”

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Did JJ get a chance to bring up Magic wining MVP's not top 10 in scoring in Kendricks narrative or did he not get a chance to speak because all you have to do is shout FACTZ to win any argument and facts of course are proven.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm pretty sure JJ had a LOT more to say, but honestly, I think not saying anything further than "I respect you, Perk" was the right thing to do. JJ took the high road. Everyone knows Perk is wrong and completely off the rails with his racism take.

If JJ responded the way he wanted to, then it would have been "white dude says something, black dude retorts, white dude retorts, black dude retorts" and so on, until all we get in the basketball media is racism discussed, for a while.

Because JJ didn't elaborate further, hopefully this bs racism angle dies before the weekend.

Lovemachine2000 and Caesar like this.