1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2022 NBA Draft/1-3] Jabari Smith Jr., F, Auburn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 23, 2022.

?

Do you like the selection of Jabari Smith?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. YES

89.7%
  2. NO

10.3%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol I don't have a problem tanking.

Tanking with respect, win your 20 or 22 games.

Everything under 20 or 18 is embarrassing.

Jabari is not at the forefront being scapegoated.

It's usually Silas, KPJ, Nix and Green.

pr0wler likes this.
  2. WestendMassive

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Jabari Smith is possibly the worst player in the NBA who is actually getting minutes

4. WestendMassive

It's so good that statistically you can make this argument for both of our highly drafted rookies in their first seasons.

I'm having trouble trusting the process. I want the mediocrity treadmill back

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nix

6. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Right my bad, I think I mentally blocked him out of my mind.

So we have the worst and 2nd worst rotation players in the entire league getting significant minutes. No wonder it feels like we've won like 2 games all season.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I have no problem playing Smith heavy mins if we are actually running plays for him. Silas way of coaching is really just trial by fire. Throws u into the game with no guidance and hope u get forged into being a competent player through your own strength.

Smith if he overcomes this will.no doubtly become a better player in the long run but man has soo many weaknesses to his game that the lack of support from the hc/franchise is astounding. Imagine spamming the kid 30-40 mins night in and night out just for the hc to admit he doesn't run plays for the rookie.

saleem likes this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think once smith turns 20 years old, his game will just drastically change overnight. - Jabari Fans

I personally think Jabari is out of the league in 3 years.

9. Raven

Raven Member

You can criticize the Rockets for not selecting Mobley, but Jabari was seen as a lock for third once Banchero and Chet were drafted.

pr0wler and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hes more like zero dimensional at this point because he's one of the worst jump shooters right now in the league.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Scouting has to go a long way and every team should evaluate talents on their own.

Concensus number one and everything else is up for grabs.

astros123 and Yung-T like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was a Jabari fan before the draft, at the draft he seemed soft and I changed my mind quickly at the start of the season once Paolo cooked.

astros123 and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol Green actually improves the offense statistically.

15. Good Times

Good Times Member

Jabari also has gotten more shots than any other player while Green and KPJ are out. In these games he’s shooting 29% overall.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everyone's shooting gets worse and worse this season. Green gets worse. KPJ gets worse. Jabari gets worse. KJM gets worse.

What the heck is going on? Young players are supposed to IMPROVE over time.

PeterKingX and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Rookie walls, sophomore slumps. With one and done players they aren't used to the stamina grind of a 82 game NBA season.

KPJ's shooting has actually gotten better. He is by far our most consistent shooter. He also has someone of the most experience on the team.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hmmmm. I think the big reason why Smith is struggling is bc
    -his coach admitted to not running any plays for him, so the poor dude is just taking shots without much thought to it w/ every miss lowering his confidence even further
    -he aint a Robin or a batman. With injuries to both green/kpj, u figure he step up his game. Either he isn't able to or it's the coach offensive system that doesn't allow it, who knows.
    -he needs a pg, scouting reports that he isn't an offense creator/weak ball handler so we give him a dude learning how to play pg for the first time in his life.

Lack of coach, lack of plays, no pg. It's much easier to just say Smith blows but folks can clearly see that the only support we give to this rookie is heavy mins which could b determintal if he's just there on the court. Silas is such a sht coach.

I can't say for sure Smith is a bad pick or not but I'm quite confident to think he would look much better in a different environment that knows how to develop their players

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We are making the same mistake with Jabari that we did with green

Blanket minutes no matter what

Jabari at least tries hard on D

Buuuut , we have a guy in garuba who also plays hard and he happens to make his 3's

If the goal wasn't losing we'd have put him in

Apparently we are flipping the switch next year . Let's hope the players get the memo

Easy likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

People would be would want Silas' head to roll even more if Jabari played like Green after January and benched him.

Corrosion likes this.