1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Series] The Last of Us (beware spoilers)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

The only one's who get a win in this show are bearded gay men, they get to live happily ever after like nothing ever happened. Have a whole town to themselves and giggle while eating strawberries.

2. dmoneybangbang

Ah… the classic conservative fantasy.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If we even get one, the writer said they'd need to find a good narrative reason and won't force it just for the sake of making a sequel.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could you be more triggered?

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still mad after all these weeks, huh?

Yung-T, ROCKSS and dookiester like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I binge watched these over the weekend.

Because it's still being discussed...They pushed the limits of gay love for ep. 3, but I think they fit it into the overall story. Why? Because outside a kid like Ellie, the world is bleak and dark af. Offerman's character, the prepper/doomer, anticipated all of it in its apocalyptic glory, but happened to find reasons to live in spite of it.

But if you want to overthink it, it could imply the main protagonist you're supposed to relate to as a broken gay man...lol nah quit being upset over it.

The show is not going to be a 1:1 video game adaptation. Exploring human elements while feeling like it adds to the overall show is a huge challenge. Adaptations don't really pursue that and it's a big reason why it fails with a larger non-gaming audience.

Sometimes drama writers try some edginess with "woke" characters and it fails if it doesn't fit within the overall theme or story. I think they pulled it off here, even if watching two men kissing and on top of each other isn't my cup of tea.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

I was never triggered, at the time I felt like the show was extremely departed from the genre and source material. 3 episodes later and yup, it gets worse and worse as the series progresses. Out of 6 episodes 5 are clearly The Last Of Us and one is some weird gay drama that a bunch of people keep defending for some weird ass reason.

Anyways the following three episodes have been great in my opinion, I know the series will get more woke as it progresses but so far although still very woke I'm okay with it. Its not pushing anything down anyone's throat. Didn't like the communist thing, not sure if that's part of the game thou so I won't sweat it too much as long they don't become some important part of the show.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruh you’re still perseverating on woke and the gheys weeks later. That is the definition of triggered.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

so someone on the show says that their town is communist (as she stands in the "community" garden) and that means that the show is pushing some agenda? first they were pushing a gay agenda and now theyre trying to indoctrinate us in communism?

i thought that scene was funny. joels brother tells him we arent commies and the wife points out that they are. again, theyre standing in their community garden talking about how everything is shared. i dont see that as pushing any marxist agenda as much as pointing out the obvious...if you want to have any semblance of civilization in the zombie apocalypse then youre going to end up doing some commie stuff.

all this indoctrination and wokeness around every corner!!! how do right wingers watch ANYTHING anymore?

arno_ed, Yung-T, dookiester and 5 others like this.
  10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Network anger programming and John Wayne movies.

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait, so If I'm conservative I can't have an opinion on what I dislike? Its like you want people to not dislike your woke politics and agendas and if someone does you want them to stay quiet. Nah, I'm watching the show. I think its a good show, its very well done. I will voice my opinion on things I dislike thou. Sorry you feel offended not everyone agrees with your point of view.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You sound like a chat gtp bot regurgitating boomer white male talking points. woke this woke that "weird gay drama"

I bet you like boring a** music as well.

Rashmon, Yung-T and dookiester like this.
  13. Salvy

Salvy Member

Boring a$$ music lol? What does this have to do with the show? I mostly listen to reggaeton and bachata so iono what you talking bout....

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some people might consider changing the chanel if they are that upset?

Nobodys forcing you to watch.

I'm kind of wondering if certain people specifically tune in looking for something to get angry about - like their only reason for existance it to be a culture warrior.

Usually if I dont like a new show, I stop watching after the first or at most second episode. Find something that you enjoy watching.

#514 Ottomaton, Feb 23, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

How do people enjoy/watch things in life if they're upset even over a small communist joke in a tv show lmao.

And regardless if it's in the game or not, how do you expect a community to survive in a post apocalyptic world without having some form of communism. Society has collapsed for the past 20 years or so lol.

Yung-T and dookiester like this.
  16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol...i wasnt offended at all. i was making fun of you.

right wingers are being ridiculous with this show.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I really liked episode 5. Moved the timeline along, character development, plot progression, action.

The monkeys were a cool touch.Tommy looks a little like a younger James Olmos at times. And he hooked up with Tara from True Blood who I always thought was a smoke show.

clos4life and GRENDEL like this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you're not mad.

19. dookiester

dookiester Member

you're confusing ppl being offended with ppl having a laugh at your trash takes. you can share your opinion and ppl can make fun of that opinion.

fchowd0311, Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pic of "tara" ?