1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO Series] The Last of Us (beware spoilers)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 27, 2021.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

While we wait for the next episode or a new variant of "this is why Episode 3 sucks!", I recommend checking out the following movie:

It is a pretty wild concept. Post apocalyptic world where zombies have taken over. These zombies were created by a fungal infection from a cordyceps variant. The key to a cure involves a young girl.

...yeah pretty much the same premise as TLOU. :) I think both stories were probably conceived around the same time if I had to guess (i.e., right after watching that BBC doc with the cordyceps). I enjoyed it, especially for what it was. It probably has the budget of like one episode of TLOU. Don't tell the staff how much they spent on that bloater suit which was barely/never used.

It is free on Youtube, at least in the US (or at least...for me?).

Rashmon likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

4. VanityHalfBlack

what was the closing song this time?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bella Ramsey is awesome, man.

"George Washington" though, lulz. Still laughing.

Kim, Yung-T, dmoneybangbang and 2 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This show is simply unwatchable, they obviously had to make the characters black, and of course disabled, the antagonist just had to be a women leader… how realistic.

This show is just a woke disaster consisting of constant liberal olympics, so distracted in diversification that they forget they were supposed to be making a good show. I feel like Hillary’s campaign staff is writing and directing this thing at this point.

Am I doing it right? I just want to fit in and have fun

fchowd0311, Nook, Yung-T and 8 others like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

You only used the word woke once in this entire post which is obviously unacceptable. You need to throw in about 50 more "wokez" for it to hit the right cord.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed episode five. Sam and Henry was always going to be a tragic story and the creators' decision to make Sam deaf in the show added another layer of helplessness and dread. Someone on Reddit pointed out that Sam had likely turned into a zombie overnight, but Ellie was asleep and still, so he didn't attack while he couldn't hear her. Another good comment about the narrative to-date is that "Joel is softening while Ellie is hardening." It's only going to get bleaker from here.

I agree that the bloater, while cool, felt out of place when it ripped off that dude's head. That doesn't seem like something a disease interested in spreading to other hosts would do.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

It was a homage to the game, they used the same kill animation/sequence the bloater does as in the game.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I know, it just always struck me as strange. Regardless, it was bad ass.

Yung-T and marky :) like this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

You could probably argue that the bloater is too far gone (mentally? physiologically?), to care about further repopulation.

Also, keep in mind that Perry was emptying out an entire auto-rifle magazine into the bloater. Maybe the bloater became super pissed off and decided, "eff it, imma obliterate this dude."

Yung-T and mtbrays like this.
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Haven't played the game, but I imagine the nature of the gameplay means none of the characters other than the main two will last long (either will die or will not accompany the two leads)

DreamShook and clos4life like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

But it's not about being gay...

Ottomaton likes this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have to say that I wasn’t really aware of the whole fungus concept behind the game until the show came out and it’s simultaneously gross af and incredibly awesome.

conquistador#11, Yung-T and GRENDEL like this.
  17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Episode 6 was another great episode. Great acting, great storytelling, great word building, on point everywhere. I have enjoyed all the episodes that have stayed with the main story line and theme of the show. All episodes were great except one.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Finally watched episode 3. I was skeptical, but yea, that was a good episode. I see why they got the guys from Chernobyl for this; it all bleak all the time.

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

To each their own, but I liked it. I found it to be an interesting change from most episodes. I wouldn’t want every episode to be that way, once in awhile it’s fine.

I have no idea if it bothered you that they were gay. I have heard some complaints about it from others. If that is the case, all I can say if there are gay people - get over it being a problem.

dmoneybangbang, ROCKSS and dookiester like this.
  20. dookiester

dookiester Member

Thought this week's episode to be the weakest so far, but still solid. But for the first time it felt like the changes they made from the game didn't enhance the story, and a couple key moments felt watered down as a result. Interested to see what other deviations remain in the last few episodes.

Downtown Sniper likes this.