1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Ant-Man 3: Quantumania

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just saw it. One of the better post IW MCU movies. Way better than Shang Chi or Morbius. Majors was awesome. Quantum realm CGI was a little too much. Final battle was really well done. Liked Kang letting loose and being a badass.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Better than 'Morbius'"?

That's a low bar.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Never saw the 1st 2 Antmans and glad I didnt.. Movie was horrible except the scenes with Kang.. But I admit I'm not a fan of the time travel angles so I'm biased .. Excited to see Loki 2 and other Kang involved projects tho

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Finally saw it; some thoughts.

-so kang himself admits he has killed many avengers yet this version of him gets killed by the comic relief avenger in a fistfight none the less
    -the dumbing down of power for these bad guys so that the good guys win is so stupid. Kang can laser everyone down in an instant and can choke out ant man and his daughter in the jail but can’t do that during the final battle.
    -why do these guys insist on taking their helmets on and off during fights? It’s so stupid; we don’t need to keep constantly seeing their faces. We get it.
    -I didn’t feel any consequences happen in the movie. No one gets killed; you should have killed one of the parents to make Kang feel feared. He’s going to be pretty much another thanos going forward and he did nothing really this movie.
    -not sure if I like the Rick and Morty guys writing this movie. MODOK character was incredibly dumb and kept mentioning dicks; it’s just terrible humor. They will also write the Kang dynasty movie too. Ugh
    -Allegedly the post credits scene was supposed to be Cassie on her computer trying to get the signal to go back into the QR to get hope and her dad back but they changed it where everyone comes back and it’s happily ever after.
    -The QR characters just looked like Star Wars at the bar characters or just weird misshapen characters. I expected better
    -Weird trying to hide the reveal of Kang from Hope’s mom not uttering his name or anything until the halfway point of the movie. She doesn’t tell any of her family anything about the QR despite being down there for 30 years? Come on

Jontro likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Reviews seem all over the place but is it safe to say that if you are a fan of the first two…then you will like this one?

clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

No. It is a different movie. I'd say it felt more like a cross between Thor 2 and Ragnarok.

I enjoyed it as it was an okay movie. I don't expect to rewatch this one any time soon or to use it as background noise once it is on Disney+.

#186 Joe Joe, Feb 19, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t like the 1st 2 Ant-Man movies that much

The main reason I watched them in the 1st place is because I didn’t want to miss anything before Infinity War. But post-Endgame? I’ll skip a movie if it looks wack without hesitation like Eternals and the last Thor

this one wasn’t bad at all tho

I just saw that the critics score for this movie is the 2nd lowest in the MCU ahead of only Eternals…just insane

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Ant-man was on the ropes when Wasp pops back in and blasts Kang a few times (why Ant-Man doesn’t have wings or projectile weapons is beyond me). Kang was also getting his ass kicked by the super intelligent hyper evolved giant ant colony. You should probably give AM a little more credit, too, he’s a seasoned pro at this point.

Let’s be honest. The way battles, tactics and strategy break down in the MCU is just plain stupid. You have to just go with it. Wakanda has the most advanced tech in the world but the still use spears and fight battles like it’s the Napoleonic era. Same for pretty much all of the big battles that involve troops. Just a big melee. Kang not having a loyal power structure under him was fairly dumb. Him getting involved, while cool, didn’t seem needed. Comic battles are pretty much the same. You just have to suspend disbelief.

I don’t disagree with you on the face masks. Very dangerous especially in the middle of a battle. See above.

The stakes were: this universe destroying dude was trying to escape his prison. Pretty big imo.

Janet was painted as a little crazy and mysterious in Ant-Man 2. Sure, it’s a weak plot point for her to not have warned her fam but it wasn’t out of reason given her unstable mental state. She also messed around so there’s some guilt there.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I wouldn’t say so. Only the very beginning and end are similar in tone. 95% of the movie is in the
    Quantum realm and is more of a psychedelic sci fi flick.

In the end it’s not nearly as bad as people are trying to make it out to be. It’s perfectly decent and a good time. It’s like the last two seasons of Game of Thrones where the fandom is just angry that the next episode isn’t exactly how you fantasized it to be for 6 months of podcasting and theory casting about.

The fact is these films are not aiming to be The Godfather. They aren’t even trying to be the
    Dark Knight. In the end it’s all popcorn Marvel Sillyness. I would argue it always has been. Go watch Ragnarok again with a fresh mind thinking like a critic and if you are being object it’s clearly silly as hell…. But sometimes it’s very entertaining..

The best way I could put this is this movie is Ragnarok lite. Not as many jokes. Maybe a slightly less effective plot. Etc.

clos4life, Xerobull and Beezy like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

B-/C+ movie. Not nearly as polished as GOTG, YET, I enjoyed it more anything in the GOTG series.

This movie tries to be a lot of things. Comedy. Sci-fi. Adventure. Rick & Morty. Family trope. IMO, they should have just leaned FULLY INTO the Rick & Morty angle instead of sprinkling the ridiculous stuff in.

Waste of MODOK. Just let that dude be Yellowjacket.

Michelle Pfeiffer is SMOKING HOT. Do NOT @ me, bro. IMO she's good looking but nothing spectacular in like...Scarface. But she has aged like FINE WINE. The Wasp actress is also hot, but you don't even NOTICE her because she's completely overshadowed by the stunning beauty of Michelle Pfeiffer.

11. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Ziggy gets it. :cool:

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess Marvel stopped paying the critics. No worse than Shang Chi or BP2. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

Invisible Fan, clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

also a big anti vaxxer

14. Xerobull

Ant vaxxer

clos4life likes this.
  15. Xerobull

I have a coupon code for a free Ant-Man 3 ticket via Fandango. First non-butthole fan to DM me gets it.

edit- gone!

#195 Xerobull, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was TRULY HORRIBLE . . the source material is TRULY HORRIBLE
    Which is why she cannot hold her own book for more than like 50 issues or so
    Those that LOVE She Hulk are few and far between. And the show took a massive **** on them
    Everyone else . . . She Hulk is a costar at best

I saw Ant-Man Quantumania - I liked it !
    I liked the visuals of the Microverse more than Avatar's Pandora

Rocket River

clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'd say it's a solid B-

GRENDEL, clos4life and Xerobull like this.
  19. Xerobull

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm not the biggest Marvel fan but that is nuts.....Eternals and the last Thor were just dreadful....

Antman 3 at the very least is entertaining, far from perfect but still fun at a fairly brisk runtime, for Marvel movies at least....