1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Send Jabari to G-League thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Reported. You are going to get banned. :D

cml750, DreamShook, Yung-T and 5 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I like Jabari, that jumper is trash, but he's a strong kid. He'll get better and we'll be good.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can someone calculate what it would mean to our record if he and Jalen start shooting a higher percentage consistently...I think it is possible, and it will happen. Actually, going through Sengun more would help it.

cml750 likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

damn, looooool.

i like bari.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like Jabari. Give him time, he’s 19 years old

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like him in g league...and hope he becomes the star by ruining someone elses favorite NBA club

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

like fans like the player

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are below average nba analyst...keep living in ignorance... you keep hating on sengun even in the thread that has nothing to do with sengun....says a lot about posters on this site

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is like the worst possible teammate you want on your team...he never found a shot he didnt like and cant hit anything...perhaps should get back to college and finish his education and there is also a shorter 3 point line

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

its getting to the point where they're about to hate him forever. uh oh.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wouldn't say I dislike Bari.. But I don't love him thanks to yall delusional " walking bucket " pre-draft assessments.. I think he'll be a great starter in 2 years.. Needs to chill on the 20 fters til then..

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People praised his jump shot. People however didn't praise his self creation scoring especially off the dribble. In fact it was the red flag of his that dropped him to 3.

Jabari will never be a go to scorer you can dump the ball to and say "get me a bucket now". But what he can be once he gains sufficient muscle mass is a switchable 1-4 possibly 1-5 defender who can occasionally have Klay Thompson like shooting games which is a perfect piece for a contending team.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

See that's it right there tho bro.. If he has Klay Thompson like shooting nights in him, then it should've presented itself by now.. He's getting alot of open uncontested 3s and bricking the hell out of em ..That ain't Klay by any means.. Klay wishes he had them looks in his rookie year I'd assume.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Of course I am, I do this as a hobby. But you are the guy comparing him to Harden, no comments on that. Dude, I love Sengun, you just went full bananas on him and we all look like haters by comparison.

16. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

He does not have to be Klay to be a good starter, he still makes sense besides Sengun and Jalen and for now, we can afford to give him more time.

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This guy has all the tools but is missing two important aspects to his development: a coach and a system.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I agree.. I think he'll be a great starter without the projected Klay like performances.. I think he's more than what some are projected for him to be a 3 and D guy... He has the mindset to be great IMO.. But it's a disservice to him for the coaches to have this dude waiting at the 3 pt line for a swing pass... I think the narrative of him being a deadly shooter makes fans, such as myself, say wtf going on with him....when clearly it does not have to be the case if used properly.. He's 6'10 with a nice stroke.. He's hit some midrange shots effortlessly.. Use it!

HP3 likes this.
  19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

100% agree, he is dealing with high expectations, a bad coaching staff and an even worse organization. I set my expectation around Clutch's, I am well served if he ends up being a taller Battier and I believe that may be a more accurate projection.
    I don't love the pick, I would expect something more at #3. Because at the end of the day, there is plenty of times on the court where he has the ball and he looks fast for someone else to pass it. That's on him.

javal_lon likes this.
  20. Good Times

Good Times Member

That’s how I feel as well. Jabari hasn’t shown in any game this year where he could carry the team. His best game was when he shot 11-20 for 27 pts against the Kings which ended up as a loss by 25 pts. I’m hoping he turns into the superstar shooting PF clutch believes he can be but right now he is very raw and will need to put in a lot of work this summer. Klay as a rookie averaged above 40% from 3s so clearly the potential was there. Jabari currently is trending to finish his rookie year averaging under 30%.

Yung-T and javal_lon like this.