1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hollins is terrible and has been worse since he began taking bribes from Silas to praise his “coaching”.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are some truly special broadcasters out there - try a Raptors stream (incredibly annoying) or Warriors stream (insultingly blind) and see if you make it all the way through without muting.

I don't care for Hollins but just felt compelled to dump on some of these other broadcasts too.

3. conquistador#11

Lol, doesn't have an impact. Only creates open shots for everyone and gets the ball to move even after being game planned for.
    [​IMG]

cml750, clutchdabear, CXbby and 4 others like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. cml750

cml750 Member

I have heard of the 5 out offense. Is that the 5 in defense? lol

chenjy9 and Easy like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not everyone who thinks Sengun should be the head honcho is a SOF. Lumping all who advocate for Sengun as SOF with disdain is just as lazy as labeling all who defend KPJ as head honcho as KPJ Only Fans. Most of them are real Rockets fans. (They are just wrong. :D)

There are just a few Sengun only fans who join this board because of Sengun and have no regard to the Rockets. They can be properly called SOFs.

There are also some extremist player fans who are Rockets fans but have some irrational fetish love of a certain player. They make outrageous claims about their hero. You know who they are. They don't represent everyone who also like that player.

Having said that, the only 100% rational kind of fans are Boban Only Fans. You can't deny it!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep, that's a pretty funny picture. Sengun was being quintuple-teamed.

cml750 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think Hakeem94 is responsible for 90% of the hate fans of Sengun get. And he has been with us for many years. I actually think our new fans have not been that absurd.

I love Sengun. But that is mainly since I love post players, especially ones that can pass. And of our current players no other player has played better than him. So we should play through him. Especially since our other 2 young high prospect both play well off him.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! That's amazing.

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

to date OP has been proven correct. could that change over time? sure can - but he's definitely the best player on the team currently and the offense runs so much better through him.

the passing last night was contagious. Green's been a good cheerleader, but I hoping he's also being a good student. no one on this team deserves 20-25 shots a night. Everything should come from within the flow of the offense. Everyone must move the ball, play defense, and hustle.

cml750 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Those are wild. Sengun doesn't play favorites. You can tell that the players have realized that if they get the ball to Sengun, he's going to find someone. That includes Gordon, who I've seen pass the ball to Alpi multiple times so he can create - once here.

Of course, there are times that he scores himself, but more often than not, he creates for a teammate, or simply keeps the ball moving, which I love seeing. You can see the confidence growing in the young fella, and the rest of them in him.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its hard succeeding in nba and winning even with all the help in the world you can get from a coach and management, all the little adjustments, advices, support, training and film sessions, being on you side and there for you always, working hard and long surplus hours, and you still might not even come close to winning it all...

Now when your coach is not only not helping you but is actively sabotaging you, and holding you back, day in dan and day out, and is planing and scheming all the little ways how to make it harder on you and not allow it to you to advance and make progress, then it makes it not only impossible to win but almost a hopeless case...you probably suddenly start to consider is it really worth it rooting for people to succeed who doesn't even want it themselves? LOL

cml750, AroundTheWorld and NewAge like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hakeem94 is just a bit of a weirdo. I don't even lump him into the actual SOF. He's like Tinman playing some strange character online.

Although the Turkish posters have toned down a lot since Sengun has been utilized more in the past month. I don't really notice them anymore

majicdonjuan, arno_ed and Easy like this.
  14. gogispade

gogispade Member

Damn, this thread is gaining momentum.

ALPi CF's new chosen one.

15. NewAge

NewAge Member

Matches my eye test.

Ballers.

While Tari and Alpi get a lot of love here, KMJ is quite underappreciated, I think. He has this dour look on his face that some may find off-putting, but the kid balls. Serious. Most of these NBA legacy kids have this serious attitude about them, without much extracurriculars. Jalen Brunson is another example. Just came in the league prepared with a pro attitude. It's an advantage.

16. NewAge

NewAge Member

Rox color has been consistently bad ever since Calvin. Clyde, Bullard were annoying, but yeah, Hollins may be the worst.

Haymitch and CircaSurvive like this.
  17. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

there is a lot of things going on here.

1) tari in almost automatically means bari is out. And bari being out means we play better.
    2) tari and kmj in means one of eg, kpj, green is out. This is the key to the success. This trio has terrible defense and does not create anything extra on offense from playing together. When tari and kmj comes in, they upgrade defense and although their offenses are relatively limited kmj fits very well with Sengun and tari hustles well so we don’t really lose much there.

It naturally solves our terrible defense of starting five and terrible offense of the bench.

This should also point to what we should do:

1) get tari more minutes, bari less
    2) start kmj instead of eg
    3) stagger Sengun and kpj. Give kpj more minutes with the second unit. Give Sengun more playmaking.

in terms of actual production I you can argue green should go to the second unit but I think kpj does not fit Sengun and green does. And I don’t see kpj playing starter minutes anyway in the future. And kpj needs the ball in his hands all the time, lol, another Sengun myth that is true for kpj.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think Bari will be able to play with Alpi. He should watch Tari and should attempt to hustle more.

I think of Bari as a very tall SG/SF without handles.

If Green had better handles and would protect the ball better, you could play Green, Bari, KMJ, Tari, Alpi together a lot.

hakeem94 and AlperenSengun like this.
  19. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

bari is not an nba player yet. Not strong enough, does not know the game well, takes bad shots, makes bad decisions .On top of that he can’t dribble and is not shooting well. But is too entitled/ambitious. He hopefully will find his ways. But needs to be more humble and realize that the draft is over and his draft position means nothing in terms of success. And he might not be as good as he thinks he is but there is still a potentially very good career ahead of him.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. cml750

cml750 Member

I liked Bullard a lot more than Clyde or Hollins. Calvin was definitely the best. I used to love Gene Peterson and Jim Foley on the radio back in the day. We did not have cable until I was around 14-15 and even when we got it only the home or away games(I can't remember which) were televised so I listened to a lot of the games on KTRH.

AroundTheWorld likes this.