1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Have you watched Richardson pass? Barely a 50% passer with 17 TDs and 9 interceptions. I think he is a good pick if the Texans are going to start running the option.

2. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If I’m caserio or Demeco, I tell the bears that if they trade to 4 we are taking Carter or Anderson. Make them worry 4 might be too low.

houston19519 and cbass like this.
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If he’s there with our 2nd I’d grab him

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

This is good to hear! If you go back in this thread, JMS is a guy I targeted early on, because I'm really tired of having Centers that get blown up by big NGs and DTs. I also just saw that Daniel J had Joe Tippmann as his Top Center at 27/50 in his rankings. Either of these guys would be a huge improvement to the IOL for us and well worth #34. Hopefully we get one of these guys and another OG to bring some talent into the OL.

Rudyc281 and Verbal Christ like this.
  6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I’d might call the Texans bluff on that if they can pull in a haul from the Colts. The disinformation this draft should be really fun.

houstonstime, STR8Thugg and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And Michael Mayer is his 3rd ranked TE

Shark44 likes this.
  8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. BobMc50

BobMc50 New Member

My my preference would be a QB at no 2, however I would be okay with drafting either Will Anderson or Jalen Carter there and at no 12 (or trading up) go after Anthony Richardson.

We could then get Derek Carr as a starter for 2 yrs while developing Richardson who has all the tools but needs to hone his skills.

macho GRANDE and Caesar like this.
  11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Man he has some incredible physical skills though, not quite Blaine Gabbert elite, but easily the most physically gifted of this draft. Most likely he doesn’t turn into a good QB, but if he ended up with a strong offensive coach or coordinator, he could become a beast

Caesar likes this.
  12. STR8Thugg

Who does he have ahead of Mayer?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. STR8Thugg

Yeah but if you’re eberflus and you just had to trade away your best defensive player, are you really willing to gamble? Assuming they fall in love with either Anderson or Carter and aren’t fine with taking either

houstonstime likes this.
  14. Qan

Qan Member

For you QB enthusiasts, Hope the Bears falls in love with either Carter or Anderson. It'll make them really have to think if they want to risk losing the guy they really want if they trade down to #4. Texans don't have to bluff anything, I can see DeMeco drafting one of those guys besides a QB easily.

STR8Thugg and Caesar like this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm a sucker for potential any draft in any sport. It comes down to training staff and the players commitment, but when it works, its just so much more electrifying and exciting to watch. The physical tools are insane.
    Even now I still wish we took Vince Young. You never know what the right situation and training could have turned him into.

I'm good with Bryce but since that final W, im convinced someone's trading into #1 for him and I just really don't care for Stroud or Levis. It feels like settling. Id rather wait for another draft to get the homerun qb pick that they are not.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

If you want to be a smart ass, we can go down that route any time.
    Richardson is an elite athlete, Levis is close.

17. STR8Thugg

Richardson is a lot of work though. I don’t think he would be ready to play for at least a year. It really depends on who the offensive staff are. Bryce Young or Stroud make a lot more sense with this team. Using 2 in someone else and taking Richardson at 12 would feel like getting way too cute.

primtim24 and Caesar like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You can’t say you’re a sucker for potential and then not want Levis in the same breath. He has arguably the highest upside of any QB in this draft

Xopher and Caesar like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

Yeah Richardson is actually an elite athlete. Blaine Gabbert was not despite some nice combine stats.

We can just disagree on Gabbert though, it’s fine. I don’t have any desire to go another 9 rounds about a QB drafted over 10 years ago.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

That low completion % doesn't hurt as much when you consider how beast he still was with his running/scrambling/breaking tackle iq and effortless deep bombs all while playing on a bad ankle most of the year. I know its risky, but as a franchise? Settling for safe feels exactly what keeps us bottom feeder for another decade.

Like I said. We lost Bryce already in my mind. Incompetence won't be rewarded. No need to hold on to your butts. Unclinch. Its done.