1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch on Silas’ post-game presser: “Something definitely changed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

I wonder if this is a Silas thing. Silas used to park Jalen there the first half of last year.

albuster likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Watched the 4th again and from the beginning, @Dr of Dunk, until it got to the part you quoted. Man! Did we suck! Gooden was on target. Starting the final 15 with that group was a crime. Silas should get 90 days, no visitation. Damn, Mathews was swimming in a toilet! The flagrant 1 called on him was bogus, but that’s no excuse for playing like an executed chicken looking for it’s head. My goodness.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

My biggest issue with Matthews is that he plays offense with literally a single brain cell; he launches the ball as soon as he gets it. Feet not set? No problem, shoot an off balanced shot. Early in the shot clock? Who cares, let it fly. 4ft away from the 3pt line and missing all game? No worries, jack it up! Defender coming his way? Why pump fake, reset, and shoot when you can shoot a contested 3 that misses badly? Jesus Christ Almighty, I have never hated a scrub as much as I hate that loser!

Richie_Rich, bmelo and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. caneks

caneks Rookie

Nothing changed,it is still same coach who has no idea how to develop young players and same GM who doesn't know the priority of this team.

Everything is messed up.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The timeline has been well established .... and as long as you've been here, I think you know that since Harden walked out the door, 2023/24 has been the target. Losing can't continue beyond the end of this season.

Next year, the expectations are significantly higher - playoffs are a must for 23/24.

The worst team may rarely get the #1 pick but it never picks worse than 5th either.

If you are going to be bad, you may as well be worst and guarantee that floor .... if you hit the ceiling, wonderful but your floor is 5.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't buy the "injuries" today, I think Silas benched playable guys for not playing defense. That would be a good thing if true.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Why was Silas out?

8. TimDuncanDonaut

His dad's memorial service at Charlotte.

saleem and AroundTheWorld like this.