1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(HBO Max) The White Lotus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaBeard, Jul 22, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

My girlfriend actually went to trade school for special effects/make up and gets some small independent gigs. She thinks
    it was a tube and it took several tries to get the angle just right with the hotel manager. Also thought the balls from episode one were a prosthetic, they were a bit too rigid.

TexasTofu and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

That sounds about right.

On the balls being prosthetics, tend to agree on that also. One of the early JackAss movies, they had the gag where grandpa had his junk hanging out, They used prosthetics. I guess it technically counts as a practical effect.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Boogie nights also used a prosthetic. Wahlberg apparently kept it as a momento.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

I will eventually watch this since ' Mrs. Coach' is in it but is it just me or a ton of resort movies/shows coming out lately.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Will watch for one reason

6. conquistador#11

4 episodes in and I'm just not feeling it. They're having a normal conversation and the bongo begins beating. You think at some point the people are going to get attacked by cannibals only for the music to fade and nothing happens.
    I'm seeing people say the kids are scary in this series. Hello Regina George, Blair Waldorff. Kids seem pretty normal.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I liked it. Theme song is dope. That one dude looks like Cyclops.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Been hearing a lot about this show and have not been ina dark comedy mood, can anybody give me a show that has the same vibe?

Is it grounded or absurd there like Sunny?

Is it like those Canadian comedies, 1st in show?

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Fantastic series. The very definition of a dark comedy. It thrives on making the audience feel uncomfortable. Things are said that aren't supposed to be said out loud and things that aren't said are even more wtf. Sometimes it's just facial expressions or mannerisms.

The atmosphere in the first and second season is tense and cringe, but in a lol kinda way. You'll probably laugh because you can imagine people that live and feel the way these folks do or even know some.

Not sure if it's like Sunny as I've never seen an episode before.

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Giving you a like for making me go and watch the trailer for season 15 of Sunny in Philadelphia, which looks hilarious.

I haven't watched the second season of The White Lotus. The first was nothing like Sunny, though. It was much, much more grounded. The only thing that comes to mind right now is Knives Out minus the mystery (which is honestly not a very good comparison).

Omega is right, you will have come across people that remind you of the characters in the show. One or two reminded me of myself at times, and not in a good way. :oops: