1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC Series] Alexandra Daddario in The Mayfair Witches

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 4, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, I have read most of all the series it's probably the most enjoyable overall series I have read, I am a history Buff, so I loved travelling through time with these characters, I really liked The Mummy and Armand for those reasons.

I agree that she makes a great Rowan and Rowan was a major character, but I remember Mona being the real protagonist of the series, did you read them all?

Yeah, I liked the movie as well, I just don't think Cruise made a great Lestat, I think Pitt would have probably been better in that role.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I get that on Cruise. That could totally be recast with someone different, for sure. I thought they matched tone really well.

Hmmm...I thought of Rowan as the protagonist in the first book, of course. I see what you mean about Mona being that for the series. I did read them all, but honestly it's been a while. I've re-read The Witching Hour twice.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, Cruise did match the tone but Lestat is supposed to be impossibly attractive and more of a presence, I am probably too hard on Cruise but Lestat might be my all-time favorite fictional character.

Yeah I think Mona kind of took over the protagonist as the series went along she was the female Lestat, I wonder how they are going to portray the Taltos that's going to be hard to get right.

You got me excited, I am going to give it a whirl this weekend.

MadMax likes this.
  4. MadMax

Oh, no..I didn't mean Cruise matched tone...but, rather, that the overall tone of the movie I thought was a good match for the book. I could NOT put that book down. Read it my freshman year of college and just absolutely loved it

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I see.

Kirstin Dunce killed it and yeah the entire tone of the movie was spot on. I need to see who directed it.

6. MadMax

Neil Jordan. He's Irish of course :)

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I saw that and have not watched any of his other movies, but I see why he got the tone right, he took it seriously.

MadMax likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The book imo is a classic and I thought Cruise nailed the character especially since it's just based on the first novel. Looking back on it that film had some serious star power.

The expanded universe of Lestat just doesn't work as a film.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I forgot Jack Hustun is playing Lasher, I am definitely in.