1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lovie Smith Fired

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Htown Legend, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Steichen or Ben Johnson. Offensive mind to go along with new franchise qb

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

EDIT..nevermind..i said I’d leave it to y’all and I should have. My bad.

3. Nook

Nook Member

DeMeco Ryans knows what an absolute **** show the Texans are, I cannot see him coming to the Texans if he has any other real head coaching offers. He knows the level of incompetence.

4. MadMax

**** it i said i wouldn’t respond here…but you can’t say that ANYONE would have taken the Texans job a year or 2 ago and now say that you know they’re a racist inept shitshow and that even Demeco, as talented as he is, would take the job from the racists. I’m so worn down by this whole discussion. I hate the idea that I might think their decisions aren’t racist and somehow that makes me a racist. They’re a shitshow. If they were evil geniuses I’d get those ideas…but they’re not smart. They make the worst decisions ever. I hope you don’t think I’m a racist because I think they’re just stupid and not necessarily racist.

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully

6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

More like knowing he has 3 more years Of paychecks rolling in

Stephen66, Fulgore and STR8Thugg like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Geezus, thank you.

“Plenty of coaches would have taken the job in 2020 bc it’s 1 of 32! They hired a black man as the fall guy!”

“Nobody wants to come here bc they are practicing systemic racism.”

[​IMG]

8. STR8Thugg

#victim

Stephen66 likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

Nah, I’m so w****-ish for a QB at this point that I would accept Stroud and just hope for the best. I’m not a fan, but I can’t deny the upside.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I don't think you are racist at all and I do not know if the Texans are racist. They have had a black GM in the past and several black head coaches.

What I do know is that the Texans are very poorly ran and basically always have been, and Ryans has been on the Texans and seen how they operate and I don't think he wants any part of it.

11. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

this is probably true and it’s sad because he is perfect for our team. It would be such a rush to get one of our legends back to coach. Plus he’s probably the best available option… just sad they ruined this for us…

12. a time to chill

Nick Caserio admitted out of his own mouth in today’s press conference that he was responsible for hiring Culley and Smith.

liveguy likes this.
  13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well Duh!!! Guess that should put the Oh, poor Nick wasn't allowed to hire his own coach because (fill-in-the-blank) stopped him narrative to rest.

a time to chill and Fulgore like this.
  14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Don’t they just work out settlements at a likely reduced rate (or a smaller buyout)?

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Maybe the heat is on him now to do some decent shopping in free agency

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Inspiring…truly.

Remember this is the guy that the Texans (BOB/Easterby) tampered to try and get, and ended up costing major fine money.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

This is going to be ignored or handwaved as a coachspeak type admission of guilt. It's not going to undo the last 6 months of shifting blame off of Nick and onto Easterby.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Texans may or may not b racist, but anyone that believes the two token hires weren't bc of the racism alleged in the lawsuit are just being intentionally ignorant. It was a super weird coincidence that culley got hired when his name was not mentioned anywhere.

The front office are smart enough to realize or were told by the other owners that hiring McClown an unqualified white dude over other black candidates is bad optics.

U can b stupid and racist they aren't mutually exclusive traits.

Just bc u have a black friend, hire a black coach, etc doesn't mean u can't b racist.

I personally think the the issue of racism influenced the Texans hiring process, it's just imcompentce is more prevalent in why we suck.

liveguy likes this.
  20. MadMax

I’m really sorry if I offended you. If i have a racist bone in my body, i pray to God it’s removed, and I’m being sincerely honest when I tell you I’ve actually said that prayer. It was not my intention to offend anyone…I don’t just “have a black friend.” Maybe I’m stupid…my wife can probably back that up.

cmoak1982 and Two Sandwiches like this.