1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TF: Shut up and listen--Rockets Immediate Action Plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Those who say the changes won't make the team winning is missing the point.

Losing in the same way over and over again is boring. Losing in new ways is exciting.

If you are going to hit your head on the wall, at least try hitting different walls and maybe, just maybe you'll crush a wall instead of your head being crushed by a wall every time.

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

It’s not about losing what is upsetting, Gordon was correct they have not improved from the beginning of the season. They have improved over the off-season, player are playing better since last year. We have improved in rebounding, block shots and free throw attempts however because we do not have a point guard and people playing out of their position we are last in turnovers, assists and FG%. We need a point guard and we need KPJ to be our small forward-scorer. He need a point to give us better shot selection and less Hero Ball. The Knicks would take Gordon for Rose. If we want to tank and lose every game, that is fine but we need to play and develop these players:
    -Play Sengun 30 minutes
    -Continue to play TyTy not Nix
    -Play Christopher not Mathew’s
    -Trade or stop playing Gordon
    -Find a veteran PG to help the young players of the future: Jalen, Jabari and Sengun.
    Lose enough to get Wemby, Scooter or Amen Thompson.

Shark44 likes this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

There are so many people that just assume that because there is no benefit to being bad next season that this team will just be able to flip a switch and become a good team.

Do yall see all the dumb **** they do?

Without some major changes this team is going to be really bad again next season and wont have a lottery pick at the end of the rainbow to look forward to.

I was on board initially with giving Silas another year, but im not feeling that anymore. Theres not been any real progress.

If you need three consecutive top three picks to be better than the absolute worst team in the league then you need to either pick better players or find someone who can get more out of the players tou bring in.

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

That's just the excuse they made for Silas. Nets totally turn it around with a new coach.

CHAMPBOY and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Mote importantly it helps the players to be exposes to different configurations and concepts, and it helps the front office with analysis.

Easy likes this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

The real question is does the organization really want to turn around at this moment. I believe ANY of the assistant coaches could make this team better.

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

We want the 1st pick not getting better now lol.

8. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

But the players are not betting better, lose and still develop your player

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Land wemby - rebuild officially over
    Re-sign harden - PG problem solved

we’re right on track baby

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That’s like planning to win the lottery to get your finances in order.

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

Like… you’re right… but we have a pretty decent shot at making that scenario happen.

That is literally the best outcome we could hope for … and I BELIEVE

12. fattz

fattz Member

That is why Porter’s usage is so high. Nix’s role was needed too. We need to keep on keeping on.

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

They didn't draft badly, there were just no franchise altering players available when it was our turn to draft. Maybe you can argue Stone should have moved up in the draft or made trades as there were rumors this was an option at times. There were rumors that SGA was available for #2 pick in the 2021 draft, and that the first pick was available to us from the Magic in 2022 draft. Green and Jabari were no brainer moves, they would have been chosen at those positions by nearly every other franchise. I don't think the top FOs in the league like Toronto, SA, Bos, would have chosen Barnes over Green. I wouldnt even make that move today. They were smart enough to choose Barnes over Suggs, but Green had way too much upside to pass up. I liked the trades to get Sengun, and I liked the Eason pick as well. We are not even discussing Mobley vs. Green anymore, we are comparing him to Sengun, that should tell us something about how we have drafted. The other possibility is that Silas is really that bad and the players we have are not awful. The Nets have a veteran team and they fired their coach and we see them completely turn around their season almost instantly. If coaching has that much of an impact on a veteran team, imagine what coaching can do for younger guys.

As far as the OPs solution of promoting Lucas to HC, I think this is a bad idea. I love Lucas for what he does in his current role, he is probably one of the best in the league, and really connected within AAU circuits which is invaluable. However, I think he has always wanted that HC role, and I know Harden wanted him as HC. However, I am afraid if it doesn't work which is very possible and it may not even be his fault, that there will some bad blood and we lose him completely. This is the last thing I want as we have had a massive drain of talent from the org the last few years.

#93 BallSoHarden, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Given Green, Jabari, Sengun, Christopher, Tari, Garuba, and TyTy’s talent there is no reasonable case to make that we’ve drafted poorly these last two years. There is a case to be made that we haven’t done enough to develop these players, but the talent is there.

I’m really eager to understand the true dynamic between the front office and Silas re things like rotation and playing time. Because there are a lot of problems there and this is where I wonder if Silas is less the culprit than some think. Not ignoring all of Silas’ other failures, just have a hunch this is what insiders have been alluding to.

duluth111222 and txppratt like this.
  15. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Feigen (Stone’s mouthpiece) out here comparing KPJ to Embiid, Harden, Giannis, and Trae Young.

First Nix being a lottery talent, now this.

Delusional ass organization.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m convinced that other GM’s avoid Stone’s calls cause they don’t want to listen to him talk.

Ankara1923 and Shark44 like this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I started this thread and nothing has changed. The losing streak is continuing and players are getting super frustrated. I like a lot of Sweet Lou's recommendations, but still stand by the ones originated here, which should keep us in tank range, but also facilitate developing some of the other young guys on the team.

With KPJ out, I'm really not sure why we would start Nix over TyTy, makes no f__king sense. TyTy has some game and he needs at least 20-24 minutes a night to see how he can contribute during the 2nd half of the season--KPJ's injury is perfect excuse to find out.

EG played a solid LAC game and showed he can still turn it on, perfect time to let his start sitting until a deal can be consummated.

Silas has lost the team, let's lose Silas.

Easy, Ankara1923 and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Thanks for the starting this thread and inspiring others.

We have to do more uprising to the out of touch FO/Coaching. They shouldn't think fans support is granted.

Shark44 likes this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

it's an A- anction plan,
    the reason you can't have A is bc tilman's 'Shut Up And Listen' rule is hurting this franchise, and unfortunately your action plan hasn't gave a solution yet as to that.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

It’s obvious the Rockets are tanking. Im curious on what they will do with KPJ and I believe his contract allows the Rockets to release him at any point. The Rockets are reported to have 34 to 60 mil (if they trade Boban and Gordon) in cap space. They will once again likely have a lottery pick. There will changes on the horizon no doubt as fans should exercise patience. No need to be upset. It is what it is. The only thing I’m curious about is why they have opted not to have vets on this team with some winning experience or success in this league to help guide the young core. This is a mistake that I believe has hindered the Rockets development.