1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Developing] Nancy Pelosi's husband violently beaten with hammer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Oct 28, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think most people have already forgotten about this case. The news cycle moves fast. I don't know what MAGA people salivate over, but I doubt David DePape is high on that list.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yet you're still in this thread wondering who opened the door.

Any way... you didn't answer my other question...

Which do you think is more likely, Pelosi involved in a gay tryst with DePape or a seemingly mentally disturbed man being influenced by right wing rhetoric?

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

you havent.

he seems pretty high on your list.

jiggyfly likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Based on the now available evidence, the latter.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Why not both?

We got a modern day Romeo and Romeo with a shamalama twist ending.

jiggyfly and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. dmoneybangbang

MAGA both wants Hunter’s D uncensored and a gay love fest with Mr Pelosi.

jiggyfly and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Word on the street is DePape attacked Pelosi after the cops arrived because he knew he was busted and was afraid people on the interwebs might correctly conclude he was not just mentally unstable but a MAGA idiot as well.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

10. jo mama

for all the right wingers and trump cultists who keep going on about people in san francisco cant be right wingers and trump cultists...

not sure why so many have a hard time with this...like ive said, i personally know a literal tie-die shirt, birkenstock wearing, pot-smoking hippy who is into trump and Qanon.

i was in ireland over the summer and i met the sibling of a very famous irish musician who was into yoga, spiritualism, "wellness" and all that stuff. wore a hindu prayer bead necklace. but was also a Qanon type and was also saying that ukraine was at fault for the war and we arent being told the true story. it was weird.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/02/1146...SCUdA1IbOcmJpjDS9Y_muob-eq6X1sOOA7AJl6Z08ghR8

She was a popular yoga guru. Then she embraced QAnon conspiracy theories

B-Bob likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you read the article?

"The suspect also waived his right to a speedy trial. He will be back in court on Feb. 23 to set his trial date, a judge ruled, according to local media reports."

DePape’s public defender, Adam Lipson, told reporters that he had no comments after Wednesday’s hearing. He said the suspect is “going to be fighting this case in court, not the hallway.”

Nook and jo mama like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It was pretty much open and shut for me when it occurred that this was just one of the many examples of what conservative fear mongering news do to folks. Years of painting Pelosi as the bogeyman from conservatives and someone finally decided to act.

How this thread is still active is surprising.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I read it, yes.

Why is he not out on bail, like Sam Bankman-Fried is and pretty much everyone else would be for a non-deadly assault of that kind in California?

15. jo mama

if you had read it then you wouldnt have asked why he was still behind bars.

as for your question of why he wasnt granted bail maybe this will help you...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-jail-attack-pelosi-san-francisco/8265268001/

Judge keeps David DePape in jail on charges he attacked Paul Pelosi with a hammer
    DePape pleaded not guilty to state charges including attempted murder, elder abuse and burglary. He also faces a federal charge of attempted kidnapping of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

A San Francisco judge on Friday kept the man charged with attacking the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in jail without bail while he awaits trial.

San Francisco Superior Court Judge Loretta “Lori” Giorgi scheduled a preliminary hearing Dec. 14 for David DePape, 42, of Richmond, California.

DePape has been held at San Francisco County Jail since the Oct. 28 attack while facing state charges including attempted murder, elder abuse and burglary. He allegedly knocked Paul Pelosi unconscious with a hammer in his home during an early morning break-in at the couple's San Francisco home.

DePape also faces federal charges of assault on a family member of a federal official and attempted kidnapping of a federal official.

DePape pleaded not guilty Tuesday to the state charges and was ordered held without bail. The hearing Friday was a chance for him to get a conditional release. No federal arraignment has been scheduled yet.

His public defender, Adam Lipson, said even if DePape were released on the state charges, he has a federal hold order that would keep him locked up pending trial.
    His public defender, Adam Lipson, said even if DePape were released on the state charges, he has a federal hold order that would keep him locked up pending trial.

Nook likes this.
  16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Because Sam Bankman-Fried didn't try to kill someone with a hammer. White collar criminals are generally speaking not a danger to the public while awaiting trial. Attempted murderers are going to be held for public safety in most cases.

Nook likes this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, but I've seen a lot of reports of this not being the case, specifically in San Francisco.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Most people are released pretrial in California, but attempted murder defendants? Not in my experience.

Nook likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Intent to kill is doubtful. Battery seems like the more appropriate charge.

20. jo mama

do we know yet if depape and pelosi were both in their underwear? probably why they wont let him out on bail and why they are slow-rolling the case. its always been about the underwear! why wont the liberal media focus on the underwear! what are they trying to hide!