1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The state of the forum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Dec 31, 2022.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Wrong.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

its been fkd up for years...
    ive been a rox fan since the 80s...
    i came here for info and exchange of thoughts and ideas to most benefit our team...
    unfortunately its all become about 1 poster or anothers demagoguery...

many of the folks that complained abouts the LOFs - wouldnt hear of anything negative regarding Harden... it was the same thing....

i dont know why folks need to put athletes on some pedestol... smh...

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin beat the Lakers all by himself

against-all-odds-the-sudden-and-spectacular-ascent-of-february-20-2012-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - WRONG FORUM !!!

;)

DD

hlmbasketball and Plowman like this.
  6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

It didn’t start with Lin only fans. Before that there were Steve only fans and Rudy only fans.

There’s always a contingent that sees it one way and a contingent that sees it another. I’m fine with highly opinionated posters. I do get frustrated with posters that resort to name calling and get totally away from the topic of a thread to just talk smack. I would love to see that eliminated from the board. If a post has hashtags covering letters of a word and it’s not on topic - do you need to post it?

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The problem isn't "only fans" of any sort - the problem is a lack of civility in general & it's not a recent thing either, it's been the tone for at least the last decade.

It's the main reason I avoid the D&D, either you are part of the echo chamber, or you are <insert insult here>.
    People can't agree to disagree and be civil about it, it's a totally toxic environment.

I've never understood the need to insult or belittle others for a difference of opinion .... & @DaDakota hit on part of it with anonymity, it's easy to be an ass when there's no real accountability.

We should all do better ....

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

STFU

9. xaos

xaos Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  11. Ancient Moabite

I salute Clutch for letting others vent rather how intelligent / ignorant some may come across

At the end of the day its all just sticks n stones, though I would say leave out insulting ones family (mother, child etc), other than that every has a opinion/favorite etc

Just the nature of man and what level of fanatic-ism they are operating from is how they will go about their daily replies on here, it is what it be

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You have folks taking up pages in threads for nothing... Going back and forth like one poster gonna change the other's opinion.. Hoping for amens and reinforcements from their CFs friends... Why don't yall DM each other?

13. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Aren't you a KPJ Only Fan? Don't deny it, bro. You get a notification everytime someone whispers the name KPJ on CF. It is all good though, I think it is hilarious.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not in the least, I'm just a Rockets fan.... not a fan of any individual player.

tinman and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  15. alethios

alethios Member

I think the real splintering started with the love-hate relationship CF has for TMac. @tinman was legendary in his TMac hate.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Make me a mod and I’ll clean things up in a hurry. I don’t care much for this idea that freedom of speech somehow is an excuse to be rude. It’s sad I wasn’t around for the good old days, but I definitely frequent the forums much less than when I roamed it as a non-member.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Make me a mod and I'll instantly ban every single person who speaks positively about the idea of censorship. That way everyone can get what they want. The pro censorship crowd can be censored in accordance with their values, and the decent people can speak freely in accordance with their values.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha. Thanks! I'll always be lurking to some extent but it's hard to feel like replying with the average thread quality now. I imagine this is how a lot of the really good 2000s posters faded out. I always wondered why.

xaos likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some of the people who have posted multiple times in this thread are part of the disease.

I just can't stand threads getting hijacked by 2 posters having peepee contests at all times.

We should be talking to each other like members of a fanclub, not condescending pricks. You have nothing to gain by being obstinate and belligerent on a basketball forum, or really anywhere in general.

20. xaos

xaos Member

I know exactly what you mean and agree 100%