1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Why? We not running “ugly but efficient ISO system. He still selfish. Still gonna blame others for his short comings. You know damn we are better off without him. Lol

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Perhaps you aren't aware, but Harden has played NBA finals.
    In the playoffs, he has a winning %
    Every season he was in Houston he played in the playoffs (I believe every single season he has been in the NBA he has played in the playoffs 9 of 13 times going past the first round)
    Sadly 4 of those 8 seasons in Houston the all conquering Warriors were the team to beat us.

I don't think there is a lot to this rumor, but if it came to pass that we got Wemby AND Harden, you might imagine there would be a second semi-star we could add (at SF??) to make a push for the playoffs.
    We have no option but to try and win next year, and bringing in possibly the best passing PG in the league would certainly help. If he came back it would be because he loves Houston, and surely we want him to teach Jalen and Jabari and (potential future top 5 pick) to love Houston too?

Y2JT likes this.
  3. Ancient Moabite

Of course I Am aware, which is why I said Harden Rockets and he maxed out with them with WCF trips

Even with the OKC young big 3 had to go thru the learning process that had to get thru those Spurs / Lakers teams (Mavs also) leading up to that 2012 finals trip

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  4. RocketsDraftTV

harden is currently averaging 11.1 assists on just 3.6 turnovers. thats insane

5. Ancient Moabite

If the Rockets get Wemby and Harden then it would be super attractive for any other SF to join because Green is already one of the young players liked around the league and a young trio counting Smith would add years on to careers of older players like Harden etc.

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yes we are so much better off without him that we’ve gone from being competitive against one of the best teams in NBA history to being the WORST team in the league. Do you people hear yourselves.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Team would become unquestionably better, but the style of play would be going in the opposite direction of what I would have hoped.

Instead of running/teaching something with strong off-ball actions ingrained into the system, we will continue to push forward with Silas’s Doncic-ball.

As silly good as James Harden is, dear lord is he a stander…

8. VanityHalfBlack

Fake news, harden himself said he didn’t know where that gossip came from. *** a woj bomb

9. Landry's Tooth

We were capped out with the oldest team. Not adding anyone else and we're a lot better in a couple years.

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

He did the same thing with the nets to, harden leak this himself.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Veteran stop gap >>>> maxing out declining 34-year old fatty.
    (That’s if the Rockets feel they need a PG)
    Drafting Scoot >>>> maxing out declining 34-year old fatty.
    Trading for a PG >>>> maxing out declining 34-year old fatty.

“Declining? Did you just see his last 5 games?!”
    Silly Harden fans, getting excited about the regular season. Again. Like clockwork.

I now hope they keep KPJ(and Nix) just to see BBS heads explode. :cool:

GotGame15 and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

PASS we do not want him back. The only reason why he wants to come back so he can hog the ball.

Remember he said Houston wasn’t good enough for him. Remind me of some old girlfriend telling you. You are not good enough for her, and then later wanting you back. Nope

13. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Amazing. Thank you for sharing with the group!

J.R. likes this.
  14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

You can always tell fans who didn't watch the pre-Harden years when they complain about him not winning championships. The man carried this franchise to the playoffs single handedly every single year for nearly a decade. If you watched the Lowry-Dragic years when we finished 9th seed pretty much every season and had no hope at a playoff run or a high draft pick (i.e. completely hopeless) and still devalue what Harden did for the Rockets then you're honestly beyond help. And as for him wanting out in the end, who can blame him? Owners have no loyalty to players, if you expect a player who isn't even from your city to be loyal to your team when they are clearly about to rebuild then you are living in fantasy land. If even a fraction of Harden's playmaking ability were to rub off on Green it would be monumental in his development. His athleticism combined with the basketball intelligence Harden could instill in him could be career altering.

luckyman76, YOLO and clos4life like this.
  15. SamsonCorletwo

return for what? Club?

16. mightybosstone

To some extent I agree with you. I'd rather see the Rockets draft or acquire a young PG to run the offense and implement an offensive system that better suits their personnel (likely with a new head coach) than maxing out Harden at the end of his prime.

But there's a lot of variables there we just don't know. Is Houston going to have a draft pick or be in a position to get a young PG? Is Harden for sure going to get a max? Harden on the kind of contract he's playing at now would be far more enticing.

The main thing is the Rockets just need to add a legitimate PG and an offensive system that gets their young guys good looks. I'd prefer that be with a young player who can grow with the team. But Harden could feasibly be that guy and he does it better than pretty much any player in the league. And I get your take about the playoffs, but we're a long way from that being a concern at the moment.

Part of me is intrigued by the idea based on the impact that adding Chris Paul had on that Phoenix team the last 3-4 years. Sure, they fell short in the playoffs, but they went from on the worst teams in the league to one of the best overnight. And look at the wonders it did for the development of their young stars.

At this point, I'm just in the waiting game. If they get to the end of the season and land a pick in that 2-4 range where they end up drafting Scoot or another of the top PGs in this draft, that makes the decision easier. Or maybe TyTy develops later in the season into that guy. But if they luck out and get Wemby, end up drafting another postion and/or don't see a lot of quality PGs on the market in the offseason, I'd be on board with bringing James back.

joshuaao and clos4life like this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

impressive look

james-harden-christmas.jpg

BelgianRocketsFan and J.R. like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Harden is still one of the best to play the game. U calling him a fatty doesn't change that he still has something in the da tank.

If we draft Scoot of course it b redundant to have harden come back. But if u draft wemby, u bring back a vet pg and Harden is one of the best.

If we trade for a pg who is it? What are we giving up? Who are we even targeting? Is he even close to hardens level?

Getting excited about regular season is at least better than watching this shtshow that kpj is running.

The free agency list looks awful for pgs.

joshuaao, YOLO and clos4life like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are things of the past now.

20. fattz

fattz Member

Harden has business interest here and needs leverage for renegotiation, it only makes sense. I still think Stone is smarter than most and knows Harden tore apart the organization once already.