1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, that's insane! I recall seeing PJ and Zack lived in Houston too, and this confirms it.

I actually messaged notoriousalerts over Twitter when he hit $25k to finally have a margin account, after that his account really took off. This was when his account was small and you could tweet him etc, literally was few months after pandemic iirc.

Right, I figured whole PND. Surprised SEC finally did something, I mean I know I've seen some crazy insider trades happening (at least I think so with some options tracked in this thread) and not even a slap on the wrist. I was honestly surprised how long it went on w/ these though, and kind of wonder why they didn't scale back... Like I'm certain there were other accounts that were involved that aren't named here. Atlas I think seemed to have started out better but I could be wrong.

You think the charges for this amount will stick?

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Buysellshort is trash, I think worse than these other accounts, haha, for some reason he actually blocked me and I'm not even active on Twitter other than browsing etc..

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I thought it was interesting Hugh and Dip had that podcast they promoted too. I never heard any of it, curious about it now though, but I don't think it actually pumped anything.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya BSS is trash. I found him back in May 2020 and made some money off his pumps. But then I realized what he was doing. I pointed it out in his Discord and he banned me. lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, that's great, I noticed on most of these accounts if you pointed out anything that didn't go with what they posted or tried to point out the PND stuff they'd ban you. Basically any time you could think for yourself.

Man, I read some more on the Atlas group and the evidence they have is pretty bad. I guess they were using the podcast to promote some tickers but primarily were front loading and claiming otherwise. Or some using this group of accounts to scalp and timing it pretty nicely based on the pump/dump, I definitely know there's more accounts involved here and also curious about the whistle blower.

There was also an instance where one of them called their followers stupid but then tried to distance themselves from the group because he knew it was market manipulation, but then proceeded to still be involved, haha.

I didn't realize some of the people trading would just blindly follow these trades with bigger amounts and be surprised when it didn't work out.

For example, I don't know if this was a real account/incident but I'm sure there are some people who really did this... I saw some threads on Twitter w/ people posting losses from this, I think one followed Zack's trades 4 separate times and lost each one down like over 100k. Like why would anyone keep doing that? I mean I know "why" but shoot, if you're going to blindly throw
    100k at pnd stocks, why not throw that in lotto option plays, lol. Then you could at least post about it on WSBs.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

sqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

7. mulletman

mulletman Member

How did ripster avoid getting charged? He’s still doing the same thing in another discord….

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Two rumors going around, he's outside of US in Canada (so taking longer) or he flipped.. I honestly think him or someone else had to have flipped on them (other than whistleblower)

The reason being I know there were other traders that were fairly high level in Atlas too.

Sajan likes this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How high TMF gon get over the next 2-3yrs?

11. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol…that’s wild. If you’re going to gamble like that at least backtest and paper trade for a while to see if it’s worth it.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All Elon needs to do is put in a puppet CEO to stem the blood loss temporarily. The board is still mostly under his tight grip. He can still be Grand Technomancer Wizard of Tesla.

He'll probably relent if he needs two more massive tranches of dumping on top of the next two.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, don't get me wrong I will take high risk options sometimes but I'm not doing that with any more than I'm willing to lose.

I mean if I told someone I used my entire portfolio on lotto options or was listening to random plays with more than I'm willing to lose... Then I really think that's sadly on the person who's taking the trades. Don't get me wrong the stuff I have seen so far in Atlas report is bad but it's not exactly the same as someone with direct insider info on stocks that are getting commissions on top of it etc with inside knowledge.

This groups MO was basically to take low float stocks front load and then pump it in channels, definitely manipulating the market but not as bad as some of these other situations where the SEC looks the other way.

I mean hopefully some of these people learned too and maybe get some money back but I don't know why you'd continue to take the trades someone is posting and not catch on.

I definitely think they're guilty but I've seen worse things done so I'm honestly curious how much will stick.

whag00 likes this.
  15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about TSLA today.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

Elon is probably dumping it to fund TWTR. Got to keep the lights on I guess.

Damn shorts are making a killing though.

#19236 Sajan, Dec 20, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
    Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. Sajan

Sajan Member

The Tesla Inc. bears are finally feeling somewhat vindicated.

After years of wrong-way bets, investors shorting the shares of Elon Musk's electric-vehicle maker are sitting on collective gains of $15 billion in 2022, according to data from S3 Partners.

Saw this on Thinkorswim.

CCity Zero and Ziggy like this.
  18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I wonder if there are some margin calls. Not necessarily on loans tied to Twitter but Musk funds a lot of other things using margin loans and I bet some of them are getting called. And if TSLA keeps falling, this will likely keep happening considering the volume of shares that have been pledged as collateral for various margin loans.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Anybody notice that Bill Gates has moved his Foundation Trust portfolio MSFT holdings up to 27%? Historically Gates has always had Berkshire as the #1 holding and recently had MSFT only at 1%. MSFT has never had more than a 19% concentration in his Trust before. Have to like Microsoft over the next few years if Gates is now showing this type of conviction in the company.

[​IMG]

Dream Sequence, Amiga, Ziggy and 2 others like this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Interesting catch on this.

dmoneybangbang likes this.