1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher to the G League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Josh trying to show he's on Daishen Nix's or Trevelin Queen's level.

burlesk and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

He is a high level role player. He needs system and other players to play off of. For all that to happen, a new coach is needed

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Lol, just saying he's regressed some from 3 is all, not pushing any agenda. My agenda for the Rockets, if I had one, would have zero bearing on anything anyhoo.

[​IMG]

#83 burlesk, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    ico4498 and Corrosion like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Can we send Silas to the G League to learn how to coach? @hakeem94

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...-Christopher-G-League-assignment-17645200.php

“He needed some minutes he needed to get out there and play when he needed to get this confidence back and just let it flow a little bit,” Rockets coach Stephen Silas said. “He had a great game (Friday) night. But we talked a bunch of conversations about it, and we value him so much that for him to get out of rhythm and for him to get spot minutes here and there, it made sense for him to be able to go on back-to-back and play a couple games or so for the Vipers.’

Silas said “decision-making” and being “in position” defensively are the primary areas the Rockets wanted Christopher to improve.

“I love Josh,” Silas said. “For him to want to go down and take the time, to not have any kind of animosity or feel bad about it, just go down there and hoop and then get 35 last night says a lot about what his character is and who he is as a person and a player. So, yeah, it's not a demotion at all and he doesn't see it as a demotion. But sometimes they can see it as a demotion. So, his perspective, his personality, everything about him is really good.”

Christopher is expected to be recalled from the G League in time for Sunday’s Rockets’ game against the Milwaukee Bucks. Darius Days, who is on a two-way contract, is likely to get his first call-up, with a break in the Vipers’ schedule until Friday.

slothy420, hakeem94, King1 and 9 others like this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wait... I just watched the highlights, and the commentator said he had 19 points at the 7:06 mark of the 4th quarter. So I had to go look since that meant he scored 16 of his 35 in the final 7 minutes of the game? When I watched the end of the game, it was even better - it looks like he scored 14 of his 35 in the final 3:20 or so of the game. lol. Josh must've felt like he was back in high school out there. :D

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I highly disagree. At the NBA level he's a ball of the bench scrub. His style of play works against interior players you'd find in the G League but it falls flat against NBA talent

mirdirir likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

What I remember from last year was a kid that hustled and played defense was able to cut and could hit an open shot. He is not going to turn around a franchise but in the spot at the right time could win a few games.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's much more likely to lose you games though. He lacks the talent to play the game the way he insists on playing the game.

If you had a coach that managed to get him to accept a role as a primarily defense and hustle play guy, he could have some value, but you just have to hope he's almost never gets the ball because he is Mr. Irrational Confidence.

9. fattz

fattz Member

I think we see and believe the same thing. He is a role player of value under the right coach in the right system. Where we disagree is the amount of value. We you give me rotation worthy?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he were to accept a proper role and have absolutely nothing to do with having the ball, I think he could be sort of what KJ Martin has managed to be.

fattz likes this.
  11. i3artow i3aller

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's the TMac of G-league.

clos4life likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Josh Christopher needs to be Aggressive off the Rockets Bench. I think he worries too much about other players.

Josh Christopher biggest weakness on the Rockets is that he doesn't Shoot OPEN 3 Point Shots, Josh unnecessarily Dribbles into a CROWDED Paint and Shoots a bad, difficult Shot.

Josh gets the Ball - Open 3 Point Shot - Scared to Shoot - Driving into the Paint - Crowded Paint - No Foul called - Josh on the Floor with a Confused Look on his Face.

Rockets Front Office don't Like Guards Not taking Open 3 Pointers and Driving into a Crowd. It is a Rule for the Rockets Front Office.

Josh just shoot open 3s and don't drive for 2s in crowded paint.

#93 rockets1995, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    HeyDude, clos4life and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

At this point, I’m expecting Eric Gordon go get extended and retire a Rocket. Given up hope on him getting traded

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Anyone writing off JC needs to consider he's been old enough to buy beer for a grand total of 3 days! He has a ton of potential, particularly in a 6th man role.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I haven't given up on him, it's just that I dont see where he would be able to maximize his talent here in Houston.

groovemachine likes this.
  17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Under the current regime, that's a fair concern. He needs to be developed as a trade piece if he doesn't fit the plan, he could be part of a package for an all star down the road.

coachbadlee and fattz like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

This is all fair, but keep in mind the current regime is historically bad so it’s hard to tell what we really have.

groovemachine likes this.
  19. i3artow i3aller

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Did JC play smash and go and is now dealing with the fallout???

hakeem94 and red5rocket like this.