1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FYI..Silas and Nix Are Still Embarrassingly Bad!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Dec 9, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is exactly kind of attitude that makes bad teams bad and losers forever
    what good wemby is for?
    we have sengun buddy and sengun would kick vics ass one vs one basketball
    guy didnt even play a minute of nba time you already declared him a positive nba player?

thats what 76er s taught about embiid, embiied and simons pairing and fultz and okafor.... sotta about wiggis and jabari... they all goats before they hit that floor...

didnt brooklyn paired kyrie durant and harden and didnt win nothing save one measly playoffs series?

@Ankara1923
    @LeDakota
    @aaquaa
    @DreamShook
    @PeterKingX
    @AroundTheWorld
    @J.R.
    @tinman
    @harold bingo
    @ExTxGS
    @conquistador#11
    @CHAMPBOY
    @mirdirir
    @Joe Rocket
    @WestendMassive
    @Salvy
    @clutchdabear
    @berkowsk
    @j@amc
    @Killatron 2000
    @Dovahkiin
    @ExTxGS
    @cmoak1982
    @bmelo

and did you learn anything from that fiasco?

aaquaa, LeDakota and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lolol this is what really matters... what should we be discussing instead ?
    jalen greens nail polish color?

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The worst thing is drafting JGren+Sengun+Jabari+Tari and imposing them "losing is good" and putting George Friedman-type smiles after losses.These boys have to win,win,win till it grows as habit within their souls.

Sports are not only for winning but certainly about competing and giving your best. The system is corrupt, why you rewarding game-fixing buddies. It is a crime against humanity and should be crime in the US. Do you know any company where the failures rewarded with the highest bonus at the end of the year.Insane.

There is a corelation within Vegas odds and Rockets' losses. I check the odds before games and say "no way" but Rockets suffers as predicted. How come Pelicans go 13-0 at the end of the game, how suddenly starters are benched in critical minutes. I don't know? I don't like conspracies and take as Silas/Stone impotencies but I also don't like too much similarities as coincidence.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Finally….somebody on this site who “gets it”. Hard to believe you’re having to defend yourself for wanting to win. What a horrible person you are…why can’t you just accept mediocrity for the next five years. You win in this league by drafting some talent, like we certainly have, and then replacing old junk like the starter Gordon with a couple of top notch free agents. Harboring a losing culture by having the worst coaching staff in nba history and playing Nix as basically a sixth man just means adding another 19 year old 4th pick who will take three years to match expectations (especially with a losing mentality coach who has wide smiles immediately after every defeat) and that will be just about the time that Jalen and Jabrari are finally good enough to leave this disaster for a winning culture after their 3 year rookie contracts expire. No agent will want them to stay here as they will be free to join any other team. Groundhog day all over again. In the business world good talent eventually leaves cruddy organizations to join more successful ones. Hate to tell you but we are already the Knicks and Kings of the NBA with a laughably bad owner who has no clue about winning and no free agents, worth more than a penny on the dollar, will be lining up to play with this organization for the honor of playing with the likes of Nix and Silas. Free agents are interested in joining winning cultures and 37-149 is not where their greedy commercialized agents are leading them to go. Sad, but true!!!

#45 Imanimal, Dec 10, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    Joe Rocket, hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I agree what you say but can't accept "finally somebody on this site gets it" part. There are lots of " Tank Rebels" here. Any person with a sportsman mentality will resist tanking.

Anyway, 57 more games, end of tanking, end of Silas, end of KPJ as Pg (I like him in another role). Future is promising.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Chapter 4: Fire Silas for ...

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Garner

Garner Member

Your Sengun boner is out of control. Wemby has best player in NBA upside. Sengun does not.

rocketchamp likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I was sooo right and spot on in saying this is exactly kind of attitude that makes bad teams bad and losers forever...

having fans that shitty FOs just love!

they care more about spelling of players names and colors on shirts than if their teams trying to compete and play THE REAL BASKETBALL...

enjoy the jalen greens nail polish!
    its so cuuute...

#49 hakeem94, Dec 10, 2022
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

durant kd and harden were best players in nba... they added kyrie and it resulted in absolutely and gloriously nothing LOLOLOLOL

btw UPSIDE is just an illusion...you talking about the upside as if its a palpable thing... in reality (wake up brain!) its just a mere thought in your head...wiggins jabbari zion etc all them had the best in nba upside... at least in some peoples heads...

kd harden plus kyrie
    THESE PEOPLE REALLY WERE THE VERY BEST IN NBA and they still went nowhere...

sengun can also be the best player in nba.. theres no limit to sengun...only in your tiny rigid mind that thinks losing produces winning...LOL only in disney world brother...

if you think sengun cant be the best show me the thread or what you thought of STEPH KLAY AND DRAY in 2012...

did you think they can BE THE BEST and win it all?

BE HONEST

did you even dream they can be a dynasty?

let alone the BEST TEAM OF ALL TIMES

now you show me the thread where you predicted how good they can be or shut up about sengun being overrated!

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

varughese.arun likes this.
  12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So according to you upside is a illusion, but you then proceed to give us your delusional opinion on Sengun's upside?

13. Garner

Garner Member

this is incoherent. You’re trying to argue that upside isn’t real, yet are simultaneously arguing that Sengun has infinite upside?

You then fabricate an argument nobody is having and are demanding supporting evidence?

Truly one of the most incoherent posts I’ve seen in a long time.

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

If you are a rebuilding team you have to go for Wemby, there is not a single reason not to. There will always be high level teams with high level players, like Atlanta with Young and Denver with Joker.... The Rockets once upon a time with Harden and The Suns right now with Paul.... I don't want that, I don't see a point. I know alot of people are desperate to win. I just don't care anymore. I want The Rockets to get the next face of The NBA and win chips.... I don't want 2nd round exits, I don't want play ins or trying to beat the best team in basketball with gimmick coaches and offenses. I say tank for 7 years if that means landing the best player in the league.

Nook likes this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I’ve seen and watched Moochie….trust me Nix is no Moochie (not even close). I am honest when I say I can’t think of a worse player in Rockets NBA history than Nix. Closest I’ve come to is maybe Thomas Hamilton.

#55 Imanimal, Dec 10, 2022
  16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

My apologies for that line Ankara as more and more on this site are “getting it”. Just frustrating dealing with all this losing….unlike our coach, I don’t smile ear to ear after each loss. My hunch is that Silas and others will continue this losing well into next season, but with slight record improvement after the addition of yet another teen and a vet such as Mike Conley. Fertitta is all in on the five year plan and we’re only in year three.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Instead of tanking the next 7 years for continual 14 out of 100 odds of getting a good player, maybe we should have our BILLIONAIRE owner do it the right way and start building a winning culture now that will keep our existing stars (Green, Smith, Sengun) here for more than their three year rookie contracts. NO WAY should our fan base have to sit through 7 more years of big time losing. I watch games for the enjoyment caused by winning. Tired of empty promises and watching $&@@ like Silas and Nix lose games on a nightly basis.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I almost think it's funny .... Silas will stick around at least into next season and we'll be on chapter 43 of the fire Silas thread.

I think they have to at least give him a chance with a quality roster made up of more than just 19 year old kids who his offense generates a very high volume of open looks for and they just can't make shots.

Adding a couple quality veterans in the offseason .... I bet a large percentage of the Fire Silas club changes their tune by early next season.

Easy likes this.
  19. ball king23

ball king23 Member

might be time to see ty ty if he keeps throwing in 31 point games

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member