1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas needs to be fired for the way he treats Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

none of that is true
    he is 10x better than Kanter already
    isn't slow, his footwork and touch around the basket are great
    he can jump
    everything you posted is wrong

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I find Silas more likeable than Bickerstaff, but they seem similarly inept to me.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  3. bmelo

bmelo Member

„He is white so he is slow and cant jump” / „sneaky athletic”

Ankara1923, aaquaa, LeDakota and 2 others like this.
  4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I must admit his leaping ability is not elite, but basketball is not all about quickness and playing above the rim. He is in the top players in the NBA who has a legit post up game, it is so legit that teams are doubling him when he post up. You said he have slow feet? When he is at top of the key or close to the free throw line, his “slow feet” gets him past any center in the league to the basket. He has elite foot work when posting any center in the league. It is a shame and pitiful that this guy is not averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. The guy has another elite skills most center does not have, a high NBA IQ. If we would just run some plays through him it would be easy post up points and passing to open shooters because he is being double team. Now, it is true he have problems with tall athletic centers, but he works with angels, head fakes and unique shooting moves. Sengun will post up centers on the block, if they are trying to block his shots he will take them at the free throw line and dribble pass him and he is a improving rebounder. He has problems with Indiana’s Centers because both are elite shot blockers respectively. However, Sengun was shooting well outside and he was dribbling past Turner(Indiana Center) to the basket, but he needed the ball more. Silas did not give him a chance against the Pacers, because and it was not due to fouls. Jabari had the same amount of fouls as Sengun (4) but Jabari played 36 minutes and Sengun only played 28 minutes so do not give me that foul magnet business. Sengun is not treated right with this coach and Porter. In his second year, he is the 4th best Center in the Western Conference:

1 Joker
    2 Towns
    3 Ayton
    4 SENGUN

Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  5. Risingred

Risingred Member

I don't think you need to explain leaping ability is not a requirement to become an elite player. The problem I have for some people on this forum is that, they don't look at the fact and numbers. Sengun is one of the top offensive rebounders this year with over 3 per game. When your game is on the line and you need a three, what is the reason to take out the best offensive rebounder on the team? Let say Sengun, in some people' minds, is the worst defender in the NBA by a mile, then bench him on the defensive possessions. Switching offensive players and defensive players when the game down the stretch is not a new strategy, but Silas didn't do it. People talked about the limitations of Sengun and tried so hard to justify Silas's decision. It's irrelevant because you have the ball on your hand. You can call a timeout and switch Garuba to the court for defensive possession. Did we run out of timeout? We always have thousands of timeout left when Silas is on the bench. Why save those? Can we accumulate the timeout to the next game?

Ankara1923, aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

Facts! His only fans can’t see that. They also forget that Kanter was a beast on offense, he used to drop 30 and have 20/20 games

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bickerstaff look ok in Cleveland.

daywalker02 and Os Trigonum like this.
  8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It's rare to see him drive. When he drives past people it's due to surprise as much as anything. He dropped to pick 16 because he's slow and can't jump. He's got guile and is a legit NBA player, maybe even a starter on a bad team, but I can't see him get 30 minutes a night for a high-seed playoff team unless he somehow becomes more explosive.

9. ball king23

ball king23 Member

i think we need a pass first point got 2 ball dominate gaurds no one is passing the rock to me you need a pass first point that can facilitate the rock to me but also i love sengun but i have to wonder why not play him and then take him out for a point in nix that and josh Christopher they should have send jabari smith jr down all i see if defense i need an attack first 3 i can not take it anymore haha

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He's much faster than Jokic who is somehow doing quite ok.

Ankara1923 and LeDakota like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

JBB has been on his biggest redemption tour so far.

Easy likes this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Really? I expected something like this out of LeDakota but not you. You are way too smart for that to be your argument.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

What is your objection to it?

Jokic is bigger, Sengun is faster. Jokic has a better outside shot so far.

I do not see any reason why Sengun could not become similarly good as Jokic.

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Jokic is also one of the 3-5 best offensive players ever, and is arguably the GOAT offensive player. Silly to compare anyone to him, he's a total unicorn

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 and aaquaa like this.
  17. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

What fanbase? You guys can't even fill half an arena.

18. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

There is no objection to that because obviously Sengun is faster than Jokic and chenjy9 also knows that. Playing the bad cop.

Ankara1923, AroundTheWorld and aaquaa like this.
  19. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Around here you have to be careful when you say a player/coach is good or bad. Bickerstaff was incompetent as a Rocket, then became a great coach when the Cavs were winning games. Then they went on a losing streak of 5 games and, of course, he's a sorry coach again. Now they just beat Charlotte, so he was a great coach that the Rockets let go too early again. :D

Similarly, Dwane Casey was a great coach with Toronto, but now with Detroit, and multiple lottery seasons, he sucks again. #FireCasey! I swear it's like coaches forget and remember how good they are from week to week. ;)

Richie_Rich and Easy like this.