1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Midterms

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Xerobull, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I voted GOP at that age.

Looks like you are I are outliers. I slightly more than you.

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/706889

Consistent with previous research but contrary to folk wisdom, our results indicate that political attitudes are remarkably stable over the long term. In contrast to previous research, however, we also find support for folk wisdom: on those occasions when political attitudes do shift across the life span, liberals are more likely to become conservatives than conservatives are to become liberals, suggesting that folk wisdom has some empirical basis even as it overstates the degree of change.

Nook and Astrodome like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Anyone wonder how 12 years of active shooting drills going to brainwash these youth?

Nook, nacho bidness, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  3. AB

AB Contributing Member

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I don't get it, does that mean they called Nevada?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yep

FranchiseBlade and larsv8 like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes! Thank you Nevada!

FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Democrats just secured control of the Senate! Okay!

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I saw some people in here attempting to call this a victory for Republicans earlier. The House looks like, although it's still uncertain, it will be controlled by the Republicans with a very thin margin. The Democrats have taken the Senate and might even have gained there depending on Georgia's outcome. At the very best it's a pyrrhic victory for the Republicans.

Deckard, FranchiseBlade and mtbrays like this.
  9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Now Georgian Rs will have to ask themselves if they really want to send serial aborter Herschel Walker to the Senate to represent them … now that control of the Senate is no longer in question.

Who am I fooling? The Rs have no shame, no moral compass.

Xopher, Andre0087, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Suck it Boomers

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Lol no this is an unmitigated disaster

Inflation is outrageous and Biden has low approval and team R turned that into nothing

Hahahahahahaha

Andre0087, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ouchie.

Nook, Andre0087, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty remarkable considering all of the wind the GOP had its back.

Now comes the part where the GOP establishment, once again, tries to kick Trump to the curb. There are going to be a lot of Republicans who pretend that they were innocent during their devil's bargain with him and I don't intend to ever forgive them for unleashing him on the world.

Andre0087, Deckard, Ubiquitin and 3 others like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Oopsie daisy...

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden was right. He said democracy was on the ballot and Republicans and Democratic consultants as well, said he was wrong to make that an issue.

The experts said that the abortion issue was played out, but the experts were wrong.

People said that no independents were watching the Jan 6th hearings or concerned about preserving democracy and those people were wrong.

Folks believed issues like climate change, student loan reduction, LGBTQ issues, and gun control weren't winning issues because the people that care about those issues don't vote. But young voters showed up and made sure they had a say.

Biden was on the right side of all of these issues. His approval rating has been horrible. Biden isn't popular. But he is smart and understands the issues. He has shown that he has a better grasp on the issues more than most other politicians.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

I guess there was a chance? @OsTrigonum (not autofilling for some CF reason)

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Whelp the Fox and conservative news media need to step it up on fear mongering to whip more republicans to vote for the next election cycle. Imagine gerry mandering, inflation and an unpopular president yet still unable to retake the senate and have a large congress majority. Hype up red wave that might end up being a red puddle

Need to pray more to the orange cheetos or convert to Desantis. picks a side republicans

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Given how most men who are 35 to 50 on this site
    From Texas grew up with who won elections back then in those formative years as voters, I would say it’s safe to assume much more people grew up the opposite of @Astrodome where their first few elections were later years of Clinton where he lost congress because of the GOP surge, and the Bush years. The data shows that many here likely grew up voting GOP and then a good deal of them changed in 2008 like myself. I actually voted Kerry in 04 but I still identified as conservative. Just anti war.

TheFreak and Xopher like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

"There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain" - Liz Cheney