1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

So reports were basically Stearns isn't going anywhere this offseason, but will next offseason.

Apparently there were reports of a 1-year deal for Click, which he has denied as being finalized.

If the team forces a 1-year deal, seems clear Stearns is a target. I would hope Click's agent demands 3 year minimum. It isn't like he's a guy nearing the end of his career like Dusty.

Nook likes this.
  2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

You’re a sick person.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. Click did it. He has one. I would not separate from Click now. Give him 3 years. He's at the top of his game. Sometimes you need someone to balance you out. Crane and Click may be different, but that's proven to be a great thing.

13 in 33 likes this.
  4. cbass

cbass Member

I sincerely pity you. You must be the saddest, most miserable person. Yikes.

jiggyfly and cmlmel77 like this.
  5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I’m hoping that’s not what he meant but not sure what else he could have meant. Pretty messed up if it is

6. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

While everyone has jumped on the anti-diversity presumption, it was more about Houston being GLOBAL (Tyranny) City.

But to the presumption, diversity of population is great, but it has become a code word for acceptance of evil itself and THE NARRATIVE. There is no room for diversity of THOUGHT.

7. ImMikeV

ImMikeV Member

8. the shark

the shark Member

Can you elaborate on this because it appears you don't like that Click and his wife/family enjoy/appreciate the diversity of the city of Houston? Which is one of the main attributes that makes HTown unique and special.

The threads were flooded with your comments throughout the year about any and everything. So please do share why you no longer support Click?

jiggyfly, mikol13, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  9. phasors28

phasors28 Member

The writer of this article Apstein has an ax to grind with the Astros because of the Brandon Taubman issue. I could care less about her articles because I knows she’s jaded.

Heres an article on apology the Astros issued to her:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mlb.nb...statement-apologize-to-stephanie-apstein/amp/

Radricky and Nook like this.
  10. Screaming Fist

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yep. Click and Dusty not appearing to be on the same page puts Crane in a very difficult position. Granted, it is a position he created by not letting the GM pick the manager, and then having both the GM and manager have their contracts end at the same time.

12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I'm hearing Yordan is moving to be the Everyday Lfer.

Which means DH and 1B are open as of now.

And

SMITH AND MANCINI are now FAs and the Astros have moved on as of now.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The whole concept of a wartime GM is about having a GM that a team can win in the postseason with. Absoultely nothing else matters. It is a make believe term invented to judge a GM by postseason success and not by the process to build a great team. Click was the wartime GM who oversaw 1 WS and 28 postseason wins. Those are the facts.

If you want to judge Click by the process, wartime GM is not the term.

14. the shark

the shark Member

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  15. conquistador#11

Just don't give the GM position to a make believe pastor and we are good!

It kind of makes sense. Crane has always had a flare for the dramatic with trades involving pitchers. Verlander, last minute/Greinke, last hour/ Cole. Something wasn't getting done so he had to make it happen, including when Jeff was here.

What makes me do a double take is that Crane doesn't have the flamboyant personality that many of these owners who like to have their paws on everything possess. He just wants to win, quietly.

What Crane is really looking for is a smart assistant. I know a guy.

16. Radricky

Radricky Member

17. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Thanks, CQ11... I appreciate your support (and vote). I'll get my resume updated and ready.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO.

Nook likes this.
  19. HTown2017Champs

I just want Crane and whoever the GM is to get along well and more or less be on the same page.

20. HTown2017Champs

Astros decline their half of the Mancini option. Honestly, I'm shocked. I thought if anything Mancini would opt out. No word at all on if the Astros have interest in bringing him back, and I think declining the option all but confirms they are moving on and do not have interest. I personally would have picked it up, and if Mancini wanted to be back for one year to "prove it" I would have been happy.

PiPdAdY33 likes this.